It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 167
<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Disturbing! It's an interesting topic though. I have loved films like "Total Recall" and "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind." Yet, I would never want my mind messed with like this. It is possible though that forgotten memories may one day be recalled for use in a legal trial. Actually, if this were possible, lie detectors would be outdated. Theoretically, everything we have ever experienced is recorded in the subconscious and could be used as the ultimate, truthful testimony. It could make serious legal trials a lot easier and limit the amount of injustice (of course there is no accounting for gross corruption.)

And of course, on the flip side, in the wrong hands such a thing could be used to alter people's memory to support a lie (seems like reality always permits evil a loophole.) If I understand this right, it is during the recall that the memory is altered. This would seem to imply that true memory is flawless, but our recollection of past events can be flawed.

This could easily explain what has happened. How it could have been carried out is beyond me, but myself and others here have said that we feel that our minds have been "persuaded" rather than forced to accept the changes. I would say that there is a manipulative element here, affecting people's memories. How or why remains a mystery.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienDNA
a reply to: TerryDon79

Youre right. Perhaps it only is about 500k worldwide.
Its not very likely though, and I was probably completely wrong when I said 10/20 people in every country - now that I think about it, thats way too low.
If there only was 10 or 20 people here in swe - then its extremely unlikely that 3 of them already reported it on flashback.
So, add another 0. Perhaps 2.

I would bet the number is much, much higher than even the estimates you're giving (which people are already claiming are "too high"). From my "unscientific" in-person pollings on just the Bears issue, I have found that as many as probably 80-90 percent are certain they remember the -stein ending. And those are people that remember reading the books, fully certain of the spelling when asked. By and large, the only ones who answered -stain are ones who admitted they only have a passing knowledge and never really read the books or watched the show.

What the problem is, is that after the initial bewilderment of seeing that there is now no evidence that what they remember actually ever "was," one of two things generally happens. They either grudgingly conclude that they were wrong about what they were fully certain about just moments before, or astonishment is expressed for a few minutes only to be followed by "Twilight Zone" type of jokes and a return to their normal affairs as if nothing has even happened.

Quite frankly, people just don't seem to give a damn.

The same thing goes for the few folks I've asked about whether something looks off with South America. Everyone is CERTAIN it was much further west, but they don't make it their life's mission to become sleep deprived, scouring for shreds of insight as to what the hell is going on, posting on messageboards, etc.

This is why I conclude that there may not be anything "special" about those who are experiencing ME's, but there seems to be a certain percentage of us experiencers who have become passionate and obsessed about it. Most people would rather just go back to sleep.

This phenomenon is still in its infancy. As I said previously, I would wager that 99% of the populace in the industrialized world isn't even aware this is happening, and that may be a conservative estimate. We will see what is yet to come.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

again that fits perfectly into my theory of memory manipulation or implantation by a mk ultra type of program.
but if no one wants to discuss that, then I guess I'll have to concede. you win.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment

It's getting difficult to stay motivated, and to keep discussing the issue rather than the muddying of the waters. Good information is getting flooded. Forum sliding. Really, really disappointing.

Please help keep the discussion alive, I really don't want to see this conversation die - it's looking bleak.

I think it will be alright. The problem is that many of the "skeptics" here are only interested in "winning arguments," being "right," and flexing their "intellectual muscle." These are egoists; left-brain prisoners having no real desire for actual truth, but only in imposing their way into the discussion to turn it into a "debate" that they are determined to "win."

But the discussion will go on.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It's probably the ending you remember.
If someone tells you another ending will you remember that one?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

in order to even get to this point, both you, me, everyone- has to first cess out the trolls, the jokes, the insults, the accusations, the fighting, the fear, the confusion. coming from BOTH sides.
I believe we have done that.
no one's perfect, and no one's flawless. not you, me or anyone.
could we put that behind us that would be great.
there's a reason we're here now discussing it, and that reason is our shared passion for whatever is happening.
I've already admitted several times now to have gone about this thread in the wrong way.
so sue me. but I'm still here and so are you.

I've also admitted to the fact that this is not an issue that can be discarded by people remembering wrong.

I cannot look myself in the mirror and say it's just a memory issue without seeing myself lying.

however it is a memory issue - only in a very different way.

that way is memory manipulation and memory implants caused by this mk ultra type program.

and there is a way to "break the spell".
to resist it.

we must keep our passion even if we strongly disagree with one another for various reasons - cause at least we have that in common.

I believe this weapon will be used in full scale and this being one of the tests, in order to fully calibrate the device whatever it is.

so let's put aside whatever reason we disagree with one another and focus on the subject at hand. I am willing to put aside the fact that I dislike you for injecting all this religion into it, in order to continue to discuss the subject.
and I hope you could put aside the reasons you dislike me, in order to do the same.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
That is the whole thing. When you think you are right you can't be wrong. That's the point. As a psychologist you would know that a strong feeling of being right doesn't mean you are. I mean, with your degree and all that should be apparent to you.

a reply to: Masterjaden

I liked the veiled threat btw. Adorable.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

that is not me though not at all. I don't care about winning any arguments I just wanna discuss this thing, cause I believe I know what it is.
everything points to this.
everything.

edit, and quite honestly I don't feel that description fits with any sceptic in here.
I think all of the sceptics in here are a lot more reasonable and even polite - than many of the believers. and I'm being perfectly honest.

edit on 3-6-2016 by alienDNA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

You must have heard Clyde-----Speaking of McEntire looking odd----have you seen John Kerry?

edit on 3-6-2016 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

that is not me though not at all. I don't care about winning any arguments I just wanna discuss this thing, cause I believe I know what it is.
everything.

I didn't name anyone specifically, but I think it's easy to see the ones that are doing it.

I have no issue considering your postulation about what's happening, but the problem with it is that it means the "MK" has been going on throughout our entire lives as some sort of witchcraft spell, causing us to have been seeing or experiencing things that weren't actually the case all along. That would mean us now seeing "Berenstain" instead of "Berenstein" is actually a breaking out of the spell, no? That would also mean people whose last names end with "stein" and claim to have many specific memories throughout their lives of comparisons of their names to "Berenstein" were actually living through all sorts of illusions and delusions all along the way; if those are "implanted memories" as you claim.

So if the spell is being broken by us now seeing things differently than before, what would the urgency of the situation be, from your perspective? This should mean that things are moving on the right track.

But it is far more likely that something is being manipulated now, possibly even from outside of sequential, linear "time."

Take the South America video for instance. The person that made the video has a specific knowingness-memory of having traveled to South America and lining up the locations he was at with the central timezone of the U.S. He experienced this, and if he still has documented proof of having traveled to South America, how can you discount his claims about that? That type of memory is in no way comparable to somebody misremembering the ending to a movie they saw once 30 years ago, because they are getting it confused with another movie they saw once 25 years ago. But this is what the "skeptics" in this thread have relentlessly and absurdly try to do again and again - insist that these two types of memories are the same. It obviously doesn't work, and is the reason why they are being paid less and less attention as we move along.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

everything.

edit, and quite honestly I don't feel that description fits with any sceptic in here.
I think all of the sceptics in here are a lot more reasonable and even polite - than many of the believers. and I'm being perfectly honest.

Quite right, AlienDNA. I agree completely that everything points to what you are addressing.

Probably, MK has been going on most of our lives. The problem is that once there is a "time" discrepancy, one can no longer tell how long anything has been in affect, or how pervasive the effects of it truly are.

Many have resisted, I believe, for quite some time. If I didn't believe that, it would be almost impossible for me, for one, and I'm sure others, to carry on at all. Resisting we must and do; however, it doesn't change the fact that once the linear process of events comes into question, nothing can be sure, afterwards. It truly is the proverbial rabbit hole.

Does recognizing that make it more so? Idk. It has for me, anyway......
regards,
tetra

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I believe that the memory you have of remembering berenstein "all along" Is a false memory. I also believe that this device turned on not that long ago, and the very nature of the memory manipulation, makes it impossible for the victims to know for how long they've had a certain memory, as the memory could seem very old when in fact it was implanted let's say yesterday.
it's hard to wrap around I understand but not really.

and no, I don't believe you learning about Berenstain being the real name and your memory is an implant, is anything close to breaking the spell.

you have to actually believe that. which is what some of you have explained as a hazy feeling, as being drawn somewhere.
you have to pursue that, follow that feeling, in order to come back on the other side.

but I will warn you though, there are side effects.. and that hazy feeling accompanied with cognitive problems such as severe memory impairment, unable to focus and concentrate, will probably last for a long time.

or you could stay where you are now, under the influence, without side effects, but that's not the real world. berenstein never happened.
it was always stain.
so either stay there, where Stein was real, or come back to reality, so to speak, and realise you've been affected - and suffer the side effects for a while :/

again, this is all just my theory...

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

no one is telling you that everything you ever knew was wrong...we're telling you that it is wrong for us and our experiences.. What the actual cause of that is what's up for debate...

It's not a debate if one side is unwilling to acknowledge that the other side is the only possibility that makes logical sense.

However, to dismiss it outright as faulty memories is asinine when so many people are remembering things "wrong" the EXACT SAME WAY.

Correct; it is not just faulty memory, it is mistaken impressions and perceptions. If one reads the letters "Cap'n Crunch" and "hears" it in the mind as Captain Crunch, that is not faulty memory; in fact, it is an accurate memory of how you think it is pronounced. Funny how you forget how I keep emphasizing this.

It would be like everyone in an insane asylum independently seeing the same exact apparition, writing it down without telling anyone and then comparing the written notes and just dismissing it as hallucinations...lol.

Why are you laughing? It is in no way like that. It is like seeing this:

... and thinking that it is a cube. It is not; it is nine line segments on a plane. And yet, if you ask a dozen people what this picture is, ten or eleven of them will say it is a cube.

It's a patently absurd notion that it's simply faulty memories.

Correct; it is a combination of faulty memory and mis-perceptions.
edit on 3-6-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
"Faulty memory" requires exactly two assumptions:

1. People sometimes mis-perceive things.
2. People sometimes mis-remember things.

Those are the only two assumptions. Everything else is an interpretation of the mistake.

Let's say you're a psychologist and a patient of yours comes to see you a thousand workdays in a row, each time reporting a separate Mandela Effect. According to the "faulty memory" theory, you're going to claim that each Mandela Effect is the result of their (presumed) "faulty memory." Are you going to even give the client tests to see whether they actually have a "faulty memory"?

The example above points out why the "faulty memory" theory requires a different assumption for each Mandela Effect. In each of the thousand cases mentioned above, you're giving the same answer without considering any alternatives (and that means that you're just assuming you're right). Who could take that seriously? It's a thousand different assumptions (on top of the assumption that the person even had a "faulty memory" to begin with).

A provincial governor would immediately 'absorb' new memories & patterns of activity, with himself ending up in the governmental position most closely linked to what existed previously, though his duties may have expanded considerably in the new extant reality of that region. In examples of change which are on this scale, one can imagine that to 'fit' with what went before, larger narrative chunks would have to change, than, for example, with the change of name from BerenstEin to BerenstAin. The changes would still be instantaneous, and largely unnoticed - though perhaps ultimately there would be greater awareness of personal memories having been altered, perhaps the 1% of persons with Mandela Effect experiences would dream of their old reality at night, as a way for the psyche to deal with the changes which are only perceptible to the deep subconscious mind.

You've just debunked the idea that your theory fits with the concept of our lives being determined by fate. Not fate by the normal definition anyway. You've made up a new modified definition of fate to fit your theory.

And, the number of assumptions you're making are astronomical and implausible.

I think you have misunderstood the nature of what I claimed, with regards to people having awareness of the changes. I stated that all of us would be subject to a conditioning process - ALL of us. The 1% who become aware of changes, have by some fluke escaped the conditioning process. There is no harm no foul when applying this to the theory of permissible logic. A very small percentage of all of us are becoming aware of the changes, so somehow this means we have escaped some elements of the conditioning process. The percentage of people who are aware of the changes has nothing to do with whether reality itself can be changed - the crux of the permissible logic argument. I argued that changes could be possible, given some preconditions - not that we all should be aware of the changes. So I don't really see how you've made this connection with regards to my hypothesis.

The fact that so many are reporting hugely different memories seems to debunk that. Did the U.S. have 50 states, 51 states, or 52 states? Was it MacDonalds or McDonalds? Was it "Luke, I am your father", "No, Luke, I am your father", or "No, I am your father"? Did Mongolia exist as a sovereign country previously? Where was Australia previously? Where was South America previously?

I could go on and on. If your quote directly above were true, those of us who "escaped some elements of the conditioning process" would all remember the same previous reality. That's not happened by a long shot.

I think you're making false assumptions there. We know the sheer destructive force unleashed when a single atom is split, so why would it take so many huge objects such as stars & galaxies to move a landmass or person? Our science is already finding that things don't work quite how we would have expected them to, so I sincerely doubt that the future (or someone else's present) does not hold the answers to the need for vast resources of energy.

It seems like you're making more assumptions than the "faulty memory" theory believers. I would go with them over your theory. Occam's razor, you know.

Also the gay marriage issue - the verse quoted, regarding two men in a bed together - it would have been used as a rebuttal to the apparent forbidden nature of homosexuality. No one has ever used it, hence it must have been a recent change.

Because of things such as the above, I'm thinking that it points to this current universe having been a completely simulated universe with no "observers" previously. Those of us with consciousness made it appear (so to speak). It's just a thought but there are too many things that don't make any sense and those native to this reality cannot see the senselessness in it.

You seem unwilling to consider that people could be shifting between realities. What are your thoughts on the following? There is at least one historical precedent that seems to point to people shifting realities.

The Children of Woolpit is an ancient account dating back to the 12 th century, which tells of two children that appeared on the edge of a field in the village of Woolpit in England. The young girl and boy had green-hued skin and spoke an unknown language. The children became sick and the boy died, but the girl recovered and over the years came to learn English. She later relayed the story of their origins, saying they came from a place called St Martin’s Land, which existed in an atmosphere of permanent twilight, and where the people lived underground. While some view the story as a folk tale that that describes an imaginary encounter with inhabitants of another world beneath our feet or even extraterrestrial, others accept it as a real, but somewhat altered account of a historical event that merits further investigation.
The Green Children of Woolpit: the 12th century legend of visitors from another world

originally posted by: tweetie
There are what are being called residuals. For example, this video has been posted before a few times but here it is again. Someone searched through a lot of archived newspapers.

I don't believe in the idea that "reality residues" are plausible anymore because it contradicts my understanding of the multiverse theory. However, the following video seems to be the best indication of "reality residue" happening currently. The man in the video below keeps saying that he always knew Pepto Bismol as Pepto Bismo. I have always known it as Pepto Bismol.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 3-6-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
i wish those types of MEs, as Bismo vs Bismol, werent all just soundalikes.
berenstein, stain, bismo, bismol, in the city, and the city - etc.
theyre all soundalikes.

would be alot more interesting if those types of mes were something along the lines of and the city/and the town.
pepto bismol/pepto abysmal (that does sound alike, but why not)
berenstein/berenschtein.

something that doesnt sound alike. that wouldve been so much easier..

which is why only the shared and common anatomy 'changes' and geography 'changes' personally interest me.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Let's say you're a psychologist and a patient of yours comes to see you a thousand workdays in a row, each time reporting a separate Mandela Effect.

Are you claiming that you have experienced the "Mandela Effect" over a thousand times? You are in serious need of help.

According to the "faulty memory" theory, you're going to claim that each Mandela Effect is the result of their (presumed) "faulty memory." Are you going to even give the client tests to see whether they actually have a "faulty memory"?

What is your point? If someone comes in every day spouting contra-factuals, they are clearly delusive.

The example above points out why the "faulty memory" theory requires a different assumption for each Mandela Effect.

It does nothing of the sort

In each of the thousand cases mentioned above, you're giving the same answer without considering any alternatives (and that means that you're just assuming you're right).

I'm pretty sure if a client remembers that they are Napoleon, conqueror of Egypt, I am right and they are wrong. It's not just memory (as you keep forgetting).

Who could take that seriously?

Apparently, you would consider the possibility that your client is a 250 year old Corsican.

It's a thousand different assumptions (on top of the assumption that the person even had a "faulty memory" to begin with).

*sigh* No, it's not. It is accepting the possibility that sometimes people can be mistaken... or even delusional. Why do you keep "forgetting" that it is not just "faulty memory?" That is a serious question. In every post, I articulate that it is not just memory, it is perception. Why do you keep harping on memory, and exclude perception? Are you trolling, or is your memory that bad?
edit on 3-6-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
After reading about 50 pages of this topic it seems that these ME believers are just getting old and living in denial and won't admit that they just don't remember things correctly or they are just too uneducated. It's sad that you have to create these delusions to feel special.

But I really do hope that you still have someone who loves you no matter what and who can show you that you don't need to create alternative universes to feel special or to be loved.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: Habit4ming

I get my celebrity gossip from the mail. I like my science from people who actually know how to do it, like:

www.nasa.gov...

and

nsidc.org...

Your mileage may vary.

Interesting that you mentioned NSIDC --information from them is exactly where I was headed. I always try to have more than one site that backs up what I'm putting forth. Btw, it says absolutely nothing at the link you provided for them, but here's a NEWS clip concerning NSIDC that agrees that the meltdown is a myth: www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I will catch up on posts in a bit, but now is the time to record this death of Mr. Ali. Because this is a Mandela Effect discrepancy in some circles. Muhammad Ali has died and I am currently watching the live coverage here on 6.4.16 at 2:05 am. If he turns up alive again, hopefully this post will save as residue. Muhammad Ali is dead in this reality right now.
edit on 4-6-2016 by TombEscaper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
So, for 730 days *straight* you watched all 3 star wars films every day? You spent over 6hours and 39 minutes watching the same 3 films every night for 730 days?

Nope, don't believe you - you are a liar.

Also, if that's the case - why does ESB *not* saying LIAYF but rather NIAYF? Do you still have the tapes/dvds/blurays? I do. I have the original VHS tapes from when they came out in the 80s. The ESB says NIAYF.

new topics

top topics

<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join