It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 164
<< 161  162  163    165  166  167 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I don't even think it's 100k based on YouTube and various conspiracy sites.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

I don't even think it's 100k based on YouTube and various conspiracy sites.

That's why I used the most conservative number as it's the highest I've seen. Realistically I reckon it to be between a few thousand to 150,000 people worldwide. It's hard to get a definitive number as we're dealing with Internet accounts and not human bodies, so we can't tell how many of those reported are the same person.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

since 2 people in sweden experience it, that must mean at least 10 people in every single country experiencing it - at least in my mind

ofc i could be wrong, it could be 20 people too.

or more.
less however, not likely.
I was conservative with 1-5M.
Before the 2 people, well its actually 3 - reported it in swe, my previous number was around 500K globally.

edit on 3-6-2016 by alienDNA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienDNA

since 2 people in sweden experience it, that must mean at least 10 people in every single country experiencing it - at least in my mind

ofc i could be wrong, it could be 20 people too.

or more.
less however, not likely.
I was conservative with 1-5M.

Let's say your extrapolation is correct and we'll use both the 10 and 20 people.

192 countries in the world, times 10 people, equals 1,920 people.

192 countries in the world, times 20 people, equals 3,840 people.

I still don't see a number even close to the conservative estimate of 500,000, let alone 1.5 MILLION people.

ETA: So add the 1,920 or 3,840 to 500,000. It STILL doesn't get close to 1.5 million.
edit on 362016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

TBH, the only ME-s I personally give much credence to

Is the human anatomy and geography changes.
The rest could be chalked to memory conformity and common misconceptions.

Its strange how people from swe, without even knowing what ME is beforehand - reporting identical MEs to those reported here.
Ofc they could be lying, I realize that, but I seriously doubt it, considering I have a good intuition about that.
Nevertheless, i am not certain of anything.
Just open to different possibilities.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Youre right. Perhaps it only is about 500k worldwide.
Its not very likely though, and I was probably completely wrong when I said 10/20 people in every country - now that I think about it, thats way too low.
If there only was 10 or 20 people here in swe - then its extremely unlikely that 3 of them already reported it on flashback.
So, add another 0. Perhaps 2.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: alienDNA

But now you're extrapolating 10, 20, 100, 200 people based on 2 or 3 in a single country. There's nothing to extrapolate past 10 people in Sweden, let alone other countries.

ETA: If we base extrapolation on all variables it would look like this.

3 people spoke about it,
add another 3 as people who don't want to speak about it,
add another 3 for people who don't know about it.
That's 9 in 1 country.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Yup, I realize I jumped the gun on the figure.
Time can only tell, if Im right or not.

Lets call it 500k then, for now. Even though Im pretty sure its more like 5M.
But yeah, a bit too early to prognose a figure.

edit:
yes, youre absolutely right. I take it back. Didnt think it all the way.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienDNA

Yup, I realize I jumped the gun on the figure.
Time can only tell, if Im right or not.

Lets call it 500k then, for now. Even though Im pretty sure its more like 5M.
But yeah, a bit too early to prognose a figure.

Why call it 500,000 though? That's the most extreme guesstimate. The most extreme in the other direction is about 3,000. Would the sensible thing be to meet half way and say it's roughly 250,000?

As for the 5 million?

Let's say for arguments sake that there were 5 million people worldwide who experience ME. It is still less than 0.01% of the whole population.

A number far less than the studies showing the number people who suffer from memory problems. 44 million people worldwide are currently suffering from Alzheimer's and dementia alone.

ETA: I'm not arguing btw. I'm just using real world numbers and realistic extrapolations.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

I literally watched the star wars trilogy every night (each movie each night) for a couple of years straight... so I think that meme's affecting my recollection is REMOTE at best...

Jaden

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

no I'm sorry that does NOT explain it. They might be able to send out false memories of how something is, but I distinctly have memories from years ago after watching who framed roger rabbit on video for the first time after having seen it in the theater just a few months before, and thinking this isn't the ending... Why would they change the ending so much for video release???

It wasn't until researching the Mandela effect a couple of years ago that I even realized that it hasn't been changed since the theatrical release in this timeline.

There are many others. I distinctly remember hearing on the radio that Muhammed Ali had passed away in 2008-2009 and I had a friend that was good friends with Layla Ali, and I remember feeling sorry for her when hearing about it.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

no one is telling you that everything you ever knew was wrong...we're telling you that it is wrong for us and our experiences.. What the actual cause of that is what's up for debate...

However, to dismiss it outright as faulty memories is asinine when so many people are remembering things "wrong" the EXACT SAME WAY...

It would be like everyone in an insane asylum independently seeing the same exact apparition, writing it down without telling anyone and then comparing the written notes and just dismissing it as hallucinations...lol. It's a patently absurd notion that it's simply faulty memories.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Your memories of those events arent real. Just look at reality: Obviously those memories are false!
Why those events and not other events? I have my ideas, and it is; since they are calibrating their new device, whatever it is, it is probably completely random. I dont think theyve figured out the "settings" for the device yet, or, they have NOW.

I am NOT saying you are remembering "wrong".
Im saying, you DID NOT have those memories previous to the "attack"!

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I know that ure not arguing, and you were right to correct me. I was wrong.
500K just feels somewhat accurate to what we can see right now.

But you are absolutely right.. My number of 5M is not realistic from what we can see right now; it is however a number I feel is very close to reality - only that time will have to tell if Im right or not.
But from what we can see, 500k is a more realistic number.
250k seems too low but OK, I can stretch to that number if I had to.

Its ALOT of people, but compared to how many people on earth, sure - its very very small.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Don't feed the trolls in the number of people that have experienced it, it is a MUCH higher number. Virtually everyone over a certain age I've asked about how they spell Berenstein bears spelled it how I did. They just aren't aware of it, they dismiss it as a faulty memory, they don't look at the fact that in this reality it hasn't been changed since the beginning, etc...

When I mentioned it to my sister, she swore that she had books that said Berenstein.

Again so many people have distinct memories of asking people whether it should be pronounced Berensteen or Berenstine. That isn't going to be just a contrived misspelling...

Jaden

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

It's a much higher number based on what?

Even if you asked 1000 people, that doesn't make the number any higher or lower as it's an extrapolation.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Yes, interesting find indeed. A group of YouTube posters who can't punctuate or capitalize properly are experts in this field.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Your memory doesn't sound so Photographic...

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Im not feeding any trolls, since they are not trolls - i think i know how to spot one.
The number of 5M is in my personal belief a more accurate number than 500K - however I was wrong to try and prove that with my erroneous extrapolation.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

People remember it wrong the exact same way because our brains work the same way. The same misconceptions that one person has, many other people will also perceive it the wrong way. Finding people who saw or remember it wrong is nothing more than confirmation bias.

new topics

top topics

<< 161  162  163    165  166  167 >>

join