It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the end of the "special relationship" ?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: sg1642
Does anyone actually believe this vote will make a difference either way? The outcome will be, as it always is, the one that the fat cats want.

I do.
If a majority vote leave then leave it will be.
I accept democratic process though so if it happens I'm unlikely to be whining like Scot's nationalists after they lost their referendum.

Your average Joe accepts democratic process I just hope the idiots who are supposed to run this country and the people with the money who stand behind them do too.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Does anyone actually believe this vote will make a difference either way? The outcome will be, as it always is, the one that the fat cats want.

I do.
I accept democratic process though so if it happens I'm unlikely to be whining like Scot's nationalists after they lost their referendum.

Your average Joe accepts democratic process I just hope the idiots who are supposed to run this country and the people with the money who stand behind them do too.

The Bilderberg Group may expel Cameron and Osborne if there is a Brexit.

I see another Bilderberger has expressed her opinion about the U.K remaining in the E.U.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

She can # off as well, shady lying bitch.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

I do.

I see another Bilderberger has expressed her opinion about the U.K remaining in the E.U.

www.independent.co.uk...

She should maybe concern herself with clearing up her own personal scandals before passing opinion on the referendum. And as for those two the idea of them being expelled from anything sounds good to me

edit on 5541642 by sg1642 because: Because I need to learn to spell.

link   

Unlikely but hey, I love your blue-sky thinking

link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Indeed Grainy my man, indeed.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Unlikely but hey, I love your blue-sky thinking

I call it my 'happy place'

It's somewhere between PTSD and delusional ha.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

Lol, works for me if you are voting leave

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I'll drink to that.

(While I still can. After we leave we won't be able to drink alcohol. We'll be too skint apparently).

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I'll drink to that.

(While I still can. After we leave we won't be able to drink alcohol. We'll be too skint apparently).

Lol, that is the mantra apparently lol

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It's not going to matter anyway. By the end of this year (2016), there will be a financial collapse that makes the one in 2008 look like a picnic.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Yeh its a slow train wreck, but gathering pace.24% percent of jobs will go in ten years due to automated systems. Demand is falling as we speak, because money to buy goods is getting scarcer . The average kid today will never buy his/her own home, never pay off the cost of the education debt. A Pacific Island looks more inviting.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I do.

www.independent.co.uk...

If she wants us to stay then must be a good idea to leave then!

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

I do.

www.independent.co.uk...

Can't say anyone in their right mind could disagree.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

I do.

www.independent.co.uk...

Nice example of playing the person, not the ball.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
Oh, we also still wouldn't have control of the borders (too many other treaties already signed, not simply just EU).

I believe this statement to be factually incorrect.

Please quote these apparent treaties that will prevent the UK controlling immigration after leaving the EU.
The UK currently controls immigration from all parts of the world except the EU. It is solely membership of the EU that provides for uncontrolled immigration by citizens from EU nations.

So please do explain your assertion, I think you just made it up, but I am open to learn something new if indeed what you stated is correct.

Okey dokey,

to name just 2......

1951 UN Refugee Convention.

1967 UN Protocol ammendment.

With these 2 alone, the UK has a choice - it can either abide by the rules it is signed up to or it can withdraw from those rules. However if it withdraws, it would face the same limitations (migrants gathering to get to the UK) without any real desire by the EU nations to do Britain any favours.

And no, that wouldn't mean those EU nations threatening Britain, more that it would not be a priority concern for them. Obviously, we could then simply agree migrants admittance and simply send them straight back (thereby ignoring our UN obligations) but the back drop would be our nation trying to get decent trade deals, etc around the world whilst riding roughshod over International Law regarding migrants. How do you think trade deals would go with the AU (African Union) for example, whilst breaking international law regarding african migrants?

The Leave camp need to understand there would be inevitable consequences, not out of threats but simply because our standing would be much lower and we wouldn't have as much to offer as the much larger single trading bloc.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: SprocketUK

I do.

www.independent.co.uk...

Nice example of playing the person, not the ball.

You clearly don't understand the concept do you? Gawd.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I wouldn't worry too much about Obama at this point, as he only has 6 months left. He has shown a curious disdain for Britain many times, something that I find disturbing and totally against U.S. interests. So it doesn't surprise me, really..

As far as my own 2p....well, I lived in the UK for a few years, and I totally understand why people more and more want out of the E.U. I would certainly vote to leave if I was British. Leave if that's what you wish, Obama's opinions be damned. He is currently a lame duck president dealing with a political establishment that's been off its meds actively sabotaging him at every turn, so it's not like he has much power or support to do anything so drastic.

I personally think leaving the E.U. would be the wiser choice for Britain for a number of reasons, and it should be done sooner rather than later, if past and current E.U. trends are any indication.

As far as our special relationship..... The U.S. might not even be a functioning country within 20 years if our current political and social climate are any indicator. So I wouldn't worry about that, either.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

For obvious reasons that we have been intimately involved with each other for thousands of years and share cultural/social/political/etc interests much more than we do with continental Europe.

Why would you even question that?

History.

Most of what is now the UK is inhabited by descendants of .. continental Germany (the "Anglo-Saxons"). But even almost everybody else that lives there stems from the continent. The islands were strongly influenced by and populated by the Romans (Italy), the Atrebates etc. (Belgium), Saxons (Germany, Danmark), Norsemen (Danmark, Norway, Sweden). You might also want to read about the role of France, e.g. about William the Conquerer and the house of Plantagenet, later on.

The UK may mostly reside on islands, but culturally, sociologically and even politically it's just a normal part of Europe. Always has been and hence should remain in the union.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

For obvious reasons that we have been intimately involved with each other for thousands of years and share cultural/social/political/etc interests much more than we do with continental Europe.

Why would you even question that?

History.

Most of what is now the UK is inhabited by descendants of .. continental Germany (the "Anglo-Saxons"). But even almost everybody else that lives there stems from the continent. The islands were strongly influenced by and populated by the Romans (Italy), the Atrebates etc. (Belgium), Saxons (Germany, Danmark), Norsemen (Danmark, Norway, Sweden). You might also want to read about the role of France, e.g. about William the Conquerer and the house of Plantagenet, later on.

The UK may mostly reside on islands, but culturally, sociologically and even politically it's just a normal part of Europe. Always has been and hence should remain in the union.

That is like saying that the USA should be part of the British Empire. Or go back even further if you like. Where does that take you?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join