It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Transgender people can use whatever bathroom they want

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Here is the issue:

Those in favor of these "bathroom laws" see transgender people as "sexual deviants".

These same people see sexual predators as "sexual deviants".

So naturally, in their eyes, both groups are one in the same.

It is this black/white thinking that causes so much turmoil in our world today. The world isn't binary, it isn't 1's and 0's and black and white. There are shades of grey between the lines.

That is what this all comes down to, thinking in absolutes. Those in favor of these new bathroom laws see and view the world in absolutes, and refuse to accept to see it any other way.

The alternative for these people is scary and hard to do. Expanding one's view of the world to include uncertainties or alternative options makes these folks feel vulnerable. Thinking in absolutes is a safe way of thinking, it divides the world into simplistic, dualistic camps of right/wrong, good/bad, threat/non-threat. It's a way simplifying a complex and sometimes confusing world, by chucking out a huge chunk of the facts.

Its a narrow-scoped view of life, and severely limiting. It may have been a positive attribute to have held 50,000 years ago in small hunter-gatherer tribal groups, but in today's dynamic and complex social structures, it only serves as a handicap to critical thinking and sound judgement.
edit on 21-4-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Sorry, but no. There are many cases with kids where they have to 'choose' the gender, and I understand those kids but no. Kids can follow the ideas of those they see around them. Just because a boy grows up among women and says he wants to be treated like a woman does not mean he will grow out of it. I think that example, unless reassigned as birth, is way to young.

A pre-op is NOT a transgender. A pre-op is still the sex they were born physically or made to be as I state above. Talk to the pedi nurse. It happens a lot.

As far as sex versus gender, sure, you can say they are different but they are really not. If someone want to change their sex they will then take on the gender also. Gender is a broader term but it applies as explained.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
For what they did. I did educate myself, perhaps you should be slower. Oh I mean in terms of insult, the other way seems fine.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Sorry, but no. There are many cases with kids where they have to 'choose' the gender, and I understand those kids but no.

I can't make you accept that transgenders are born.

Which means there are transgender children.

It is not a choice.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
For what they did. I did educate myself, perhaps you should be slower. Oh I mean in terms of insult, the other way seems fine.

You mean that they accepted their child for who she is? A transgender.

You may have picked and chosen what you wanted to accept. But, NO - - you did not educate yourself on this issue.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator
Granted though, it is weird to see a 15yr old pre-op transgender female walk into the ladies bathroom...
As I said before there is no rationale behind this it's a complete appeal to fear fallacy.

I told myself and others today I wasn't going to get into this because there's half a dozen threads on the same damn thing and dealing with lack of understanding (ignorance) is wearing my patience pretty dang thin, but here are your 15-year old trans kids and a gaggle of others y'all should take a real hard look at and decide what bathroom they should use or if they were your daughters, what bathroom would they be the safest in. These "bathroom bills" are are a direct attack on these kids, my kids, and the whole thing is nothing but a made-up conservative republican fantasy.

If anyone wish to actually learn something about this, my post here might help. Doubt it. Pretty tough crowd.

So please, let's do think of the children - all children.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

A rapist does not even need to pretend to get access to the restroom, they can just walk right in.

I was just thinking changing out "the restroom" to "the white house", or "congress.

But I do agree if a rapist wants to get in they are going to do it no matter what.
edit on 21-4-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Yeah, sadly we had some of those there.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Idk why this is directed towards me as I'm not in support of the bill nor am I against transgenderism.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I did. And no not their "acceptance". This world has become too liberal, too free. No morality. Nothing. Love the arguments/deflections used by people. Lack of morals shall be the downfall of civilization; least the one we know of. And no that doesn't mean this....issue...exclusively.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I did. And no not their "acceptance". This world has become too liberal, too free. No morality. Nothing. Love the arguments/deflections used by people. Lack of morals shall be the downfall of civilization; least the one we know of. And no that doesn't mean this....issue...exclusively.

Too liberal?

Meaning we need to control people and make sure they stay in the "acceptable box"?

Morals has nothing to do with this subject.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Profusion

Here's a news flash for you. Transgender people are using restrooms right now just as they have been. Can you point to one single case of a rape or a molestation perpetrated in a public restroom by a transgender person, ever?

It's plausible
www.lifesitenews.com...

Society is sick as hell, I really see no reason to coddle that sickness any further.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Too liberal?

Meaning we need to control people and make sure they stay in the "acceptable box"?

You mean like liberal Obama or liberal Hillary who control what gun I can own? These same liberals have kept marijuana illegal when they had all the power in the world to change it. These same liberals just 5+ years ago were AGAINST same sex marriage. These same liberals tell me I have to bake a cake even if I chose not to. These same liberals take money from my check and spend it how THEY please to spend it. These same liberals are FORCING me to purchase healthcare which is a product and goes against the very moral fiber that America was constructed out of.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Normalcy isn't "narrow mindedness," it's mathematical averages. If anything, it's the most logical course of action to simply expect the discrete minority of outliers to the norm to be the ones who need to adapt, not expect the majority to change simply to accommodate the few.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
No meaning we learn not to play god or do something like..this. It has much to do about morals.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Profusion

Here's a news flash for you. Transgender people are using restrooms right now just as they have been. Can you point to one single case of a rape or a molestation perpetrated in a public restroom by a transgender person, ever?

It's plausible
www.lifesitenews.com...

Society is sick as hell, I really see no reason to coddle that sickness any further.

There always has been, and there always will be predators. Everyone knows that.

However, transgenders have been using the restrooms that match their chosen gender for a long time without incidences.

Fear mongering is fear mongering.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo
Not even going to bother with this.
edit on 21-4-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator
a reply to: Freija

Idk why this is directed towards me as I'm not in support of the bill nor am I against transgenderism.

Oh, I understand your position and am appreciative. When you said this:

Granted though, it is weird to see a 15yr old pre-op transgender female walk into the ladies bathroom...

it was just a good jumping off point because these "15yr old pre-op transgender females" walking into the men's bathroom seems a whole lot weirder to me.

Not to mention stupidly dangerous and psychologically and socially harmful.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

No meaning we learn not to play god or do something like..this. It has much to do about morals.

LGBT are born who they are.

God made them that way.

Playing God would be to oppose and interfere with what God made.

Morality? Who's morality? Who chooses what is moral and what isn't?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

originally posted by: Annee

Too liberal?

You mean like liberal Obama or liberal Hillary who control what gun I can own?

You seem to have lost your way.

Please try to find the thread that addresses the subject you are interested in.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join