It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Transgender people can use whatever bathroom they want

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
So I'm gonna throw this out there. I've mentioned it here before, so I'm cool mentioning it again.

I was raped when I was 15.

In my house.

The house I was raised in.

By a friend.

By a male, who believed he was a male.

What this experience taught me was, I am not safe anywhere, with anyone. I am always aware of my surroundings, and how people are behaving around me.

If someone is going to come into the bathroom and rape me, or you, or anyone else, they are going to do it, weather it is legal for them to enter the restroom or not.

It's as simple as that.

-Alee

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnthePhilistine

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
Why can't you just go and relieve yourself where your anatomy fits? No need to bring ink and paper into this.

5 year old transgender m/f little girl - - - must go to men's room.

Just picture a cute curly headed little 5 year old girl - - - who has male parts because she's transgender.

At school she is forced to use the boys restroom. Totally makes sense, right?

There are no trans 5yr olds. What you are describing is child abuse.

Ignorance is a choice.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Not in reality. The majority of people who reidentify still have their parts, and always reidentify before transition. Surely you understand one must identify before an operation? And again, read. If they are indiscernible, then it doesn't matter to me.
edit on 4/21/2016 by TarzanBeta because: Stupid phone

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Agreed with no more laws idea at least.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
Hay ya'll I'll be keeping tabs on this thread for sure so the next time the gun control debate comes up I can point out the several people here who I've seen berate others for the "Criminals gunna commit crimes anyway" arguments.

If anything this discussion has given some good insight into those who only believe in what they are saying when it benefits them or their agendas.

As for Trumps statements, seems contradictory to what you would expect his response to have been. I get the feeling now that he's wrapped up the nomination he'll start to soften his opinions. Who am I kidding though, he probably won't.

It's sad to see people willfully "shoot" themselves in the foot.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Profusion

Here's a news flash for you. Transgender people are using restrooms right now just as they have been. Can you point to one single case of a rape or a molestation perpetrated in a public restroom by a transgender person, ever?

No? Could it be because it's a completely fabricated "threat" that was created for the purposes of fear mongering the ignorant masses? Yes.

Can she use the restroom with little girls?

Transgender Woman: Convictions Irrelevant to Citation
Witherspoon convicted in 1990 for sexual assault of child, indecency with child

www.nbcdfw.com...

EDIT-More relevant data. Quite the read...

gendertrender.wordpress.com... /
edit on 21-4-2016 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It's my observation that a bible thumping state legislator is much more likely to be a sexual predator than a transgender person. Can we outlaw them too?

So many guys are obsessed with gating access to the ladies room. Please stop. We enter, we take care of business in locked stalls, then we leave. We don't enter, strip naked, then have a ladies only dance party. Nobody sees anyone naked. That's how things have worked my entire life, and we don't need to change anything.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Do you? You appear to be posting that we need laws that get into bathroom/locker-room use specifics.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Not in reality. The majority of people who reidentify still have their parts, and always reidentify before transition. Surely you understand one must identify before an operation? And again, read. If they are indiscernible, then it doesn't matter to me.

This is a 6 year old m/f transgender girl.

You want her to be forced to use the mens room - - or boys restroom at school.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Man, again, this is easy. If they are transgender, they are a different sex. The issue is that they want you to use the sex on your birth certificate. You can do this in NC.

North Carolina Statute: N.C. Gen. Stat. §§ 130A-118(b)(4), (e) (2005). Text: (b) A new certificate of birth shall be made by the State Registrar when . . . (4) A written request from an individual is received by the State Registrar to change the sex on that individual's birth record because of sex reassignment surgery, if the request is accompanied by a notarized statement from the physician who performed the sex reassignment surgery or from a physician licensed to practice medicine who has examined the individual and can certify that the person has undergone sex reassignment surgery. Summary: North Carolina will issue a birth certificate reflecting the proper sex.

This is simple. If you are trans-gendered, you should have applied for his. It would 'complete' the transformation more than that plastic surgery because it is legal.

The argument is that people say they simply 'identify' and those people are mad it would seem. You see, if you are trans-gendered you could apply and then this bill would mean nothing.....

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Man, again, this is easy. If they are transgender, they are a different sex. The issue is that they want you to use the sex on your birth certificate. You can do this in NC.

Gender and sex are not the same thing.

Transgender children can not have surgery.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

So your issue is with pre-ops?
With that it still comes down to you being uncomfortable with them.
Granted though, it is weird to see a 15yr old pre-op transgender female walk into the ladies bathroom...
As I said before there is no rationale behind this it's a complete appeal to fear fallacy.
edit on 4pm30America/Chicago3001America/Chicagopm411 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Would need to know the details before making any kind of judgment on this. I'd wonder about the mental stability of parents who would allow a 6 year old to just say "I'm a girl now" and support it.

Do they let her Drive? Vote? Drink Alcohol? Buy Cigs?

These are all much more simplistic things than identifying your gender and yet most parents wouldn't allow a 6 year old to make their own mind up on any of the above choices because the person is 6 years old and doesn't have the mental capacity to understand the ramifications of crashing a car into someone, drinking alcohol, voting, or deciding they aren't the sex they were born as.

More power be to that little girl. However her life pans out, positive or negative, I'm placing the congratulations/blame on her parents.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

... the person is 6 years old and doesn't have the mental capacity to understand the ramifications of crashing a car into someone, drinking alcohol...

Bah, I did those things at six...

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

... the person is 6 years old and doesn't have the mental capacity to understand the ramifications of crashing a car into someone, drinking alcohol...

Bah, I did those things at six...

I think it was closer to five thirty when you did them. According to the witness reports.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Dude, you took my set up.

Damn you DB, damn you to hell.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Would need to know the details before making any kind of judgment on this. I'd wonder about the mental stability of parents who would allow a 6 year old to just say "I'm a girl now" and support it.

There are quite a few transgender children.

This girls is Ryland: Raising Ryland: www.raisingryland.com...

Here's a camp for transgender kids. They are expanding: Camp Aranu'tiq: www.camparanutiq.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Good Morning.

We need to tone down the personal back and forth here. This is an issue that obviously resonates strongly with many on whichever side...

All the more reason to discuss it calmly, with respect towards different opinions.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla
I certainly blame the parents for allowing something like that.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: Bennyzilla
I certainly blame the parents for allowing something like that.

Blame the parents for what?

You should educate yourself instead of slamming a door shut.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join