It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Transgender people can use whatever bathroom they want

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Transgender people should be able to use whatever bathroom they want, Donald Trump said Thursday.

"Oh, I had a feeling that question was going to come up, I will tell you. North Carolina did something that was very strong. And they're paying a big price. There's a lot of problems," the Republican presidential candidate said during a town hall event on NBC's "Today."

Referring to comments from an unnamed commentator who on Wednesday said North Carolina should "leave it the way it is right now," Trump said he agreed.
Trump: Transgender people can use whatever bathroom they want

The idea of letting transgender people use whatever bathroom they want wouldn't bother me if there was no such thing as rape and other similar crimes. A rapist could pretend to be a transgender person just to get access to a woman's bathroom for guess what purpose...

Doesn't anyone see the danger? What's the standard for determining a real transgender person versus a pervert who just wants access to bathrooms that are for the opposite sex? That's why transgender people shouldn't be allowed in the wrong bathrooms.

How many rapes, molestations, and other crimes will it take before people come to their senses?
edit on 21-4-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I'm a Trump supporter, but on this I disagree. It's not about taking away rights. It's that molesters will act and dress as they please anyway to get what they want.

Oh, Trump. At least your non issue opinions aren't a decider for me, poor guy.

ETA, I'm a normal guy who has no problem peeing into a toilet instead of a trough. Why do you transgender folk need to make a big deal? Just go to the bathroom. You're not in there to prove something. You're in there to relieve yourself. If I gotta go and some guy is pulling a Vesuvius in the guy's bathroom, I'm going into an empty women's bathroom instead of waiting. If it's a multiple stall bathroom and there are others in there, wait for a stall and go.

What in the Sam Hill is the big deal? Just poop, all genders do it!

Good grief.
edit on 4/21/2016 by TarzanBeta because: (no reason given)

ETA again, I realize that read a little oddly, lol. I wouldn't go into a multiple stall women's bathroom except to clean it when nobody is in there.
edit on 4/21/2016 by TarzanBeta because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/21/2016 by TarzanBeta because: Stupid phone

+39 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Here's a news flash for you. Transgender people are using restrooms right now just as they have been. Can you point to one single case of a rape or a molestation perpetrated in a public restroom by a transgender person, ever?

No? Could it be because it's a completely fabricated "threat" that was created for the purposes of fear mongering the ignorant masses? Yes.
edit on 2016-4-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+33 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
A rapist could pretend to be a transgender person just to get access to a woman's bathroom for guess what purpose...

A rapist does not even need to pretend to get access to the restroom, they can just walk right in.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Sure. Some rapists I imagine have just enough brain cells left to not desire to raise suspicion, however.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Exactly, it's hardly like you need a key code.
edit on 21-4-2016 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Here's a news flash for you. Transgender people are using restrooms right now just as they have been. Can you point to one single case of a rape or a molestation perpetrated in a public restroom by a transgender person, ever?

No? Could it be because it's a completely fabricated "threat" that was created for the purposes of fear mongering the ignorant masses? Yes.

I intend to never reply to one of your posts again after that. The following stories are just at the top of Google for this topic so there are many more I'm sure. I believe that three stories is enough to prove you wrong.

A Rape Survivor Speaks Out About Transgender Bathrooms

Sexual predator jailed after claiming to be ‘transgender’ to assault women in shelter

Transgender Woman Raped In Stonewall Inn Bathroom
edit on 21-4-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I'm not sure if there was ever a "law" that prohibited , say, a man going in a women's restroom. Now, if something illegal happened while he was in there that's another deal. I'll have to look into that. Should have done that before posting this I guess. There is probably some vague trespassing law or something that might be made to fit, but I've never seen an actual law that forbids just using a bathroom with a different than you sign on the door.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
a
Sure. Some rapists I imagine have just enough brain cells left to not desire to raise suspicion, however.

Rapists rape, that is what they do. It is not like another law is going to prevent a rapist from following someone into a bathroom and raping them.

'Oh noes, I iz in North Carolina and the bathroomz iz off limitz! I will waizt outside until you iz done making peepee.'

edit on 21-4-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
A rapist could pretend to be a transgender person just to get access to a woman's bathroom for guess what purpose...

Another news flash... That could happen now... This law doesn't make it any more or less likely that someone will dress as the opposite gender to take advantage of someone.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
firsly, it would be a rapist pretending to be female to access a bathroom, not pretending to be transgender.

and, what's to stop that now. personally, i don't think a rapist is going to go through that much trouble.

this is one of the first things trump has said i agree with.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Maybe those freedom loving small government conservatives are planning to create a new cabinet level position, Restroom Czar, to oversee the new Restroom Security Department which will be tasked with installing and maintaining genital scanners in every public restroom?
edit on 2016-4-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

nypost.com...

This is a sad case for a unisex bathroom ^^^^^^ At a famed LGBT bar no less.

What I do not get, and an easy way to solve it, make 'family bathrooms' mandatory. If I am a grown man and a 'woman' who identifies as a man comes in, no big deal. Same the other way. Grown people. I worked in this environment and do not care in the least. AS you said, they are doing it now.

The issue is children. I do not want to explain that to my young child. When he can understand it when older sure, but not under 10 or so. This is a lifestyle choice. Gender reassignment is one thing. Identifying is another.

Just like there are bad cops, and bad teachers, and, well, bad ones in all professions and walks of life there will be those who take advantage.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Exactly, it's hardly like you need a key code.

Yeah but a dude walking into the women's restroom will have a high probability of getting their a$$ beat by a husband, brother, or father before they attempt some BS.

So I am willing to bet that tactic of disguise exists.
edit on 21-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: *or

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It's not about whether transgender people will do something wrong to someone else.

But now that locker rooms will be inhabited by people with the opposite genitalia, that's Not Good.

Here's a link for some info, there's more: dailysignal.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Maybe those freedom loving small government conservatives are planning to create a new cabinet level position, Restroom Czar, to oversee the new Restroom Security Department which will be tasked with installing and maintaining genital scanners in every public restroom?

The government is already too far up our collective asses.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
OP might want to also add he did not say they can use whichever, as an endorsement, he said leave it alone in NC. When asked about it personally he said

He added, "You know, there's a big move to create new bathrooms. Problem with that is for transgender, that would be—first of all, I think that would be discriminatory in a certain way. That would be unbelievably expensive for businesses in the country. Leave it the way it is." Read more: www.politico.com... Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

this is true...so, we are going to make companies not only bake cakes but build bathrooms?

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Gun laws don't stop criminals from using guns in crimes.

These transgender laws won't stop a molester from molesting, a rapist from raping.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
What's to stop someone from dressing as the opposite sex and going into whatever bathroom they want right now? Absolutely nothing, so what threat is this law creating that isn't already there?

Manufactured outrage on the part of MSM hyperbole. I thought ATS was supposed to be immune to this kind of propaganda? Deny ignorance and all that jazz, right?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
What's to stop someone from dressing as the opposite sex and going into whatever bathroom they want right now?

Hell, I have used the women's restroom without putting on a dress because: no piss on the seats.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join