It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender MMA Fighter Destroys Female Opponent

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Domo1

Shame on you Domo. Shame on you.

Is this really what it's come to?

what a sad day for humanity and ATS.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The fight promoter and whoever sanctioned this fight should be fired.

This is not a fair competition and does not respect the sport.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Domo1

Shame on you Domo. Shame on you.

Is this really what it's come to?

what a sad day for humanity and ATS.

It's a sad day when one betrays the confidence of someone else who trusted them.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Fox should be fighting in the men's division.

Yea I mean I understand things being equal but this goes too far.

iTruthSeeker

Sooooo, you don;t actually want equality since equality goes too far?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

I think he is saying its not equal to begin with... Hes still a man with 20 years of training and it showed. The woman who got pummelled said as much.

Maybe she should just toughen up and suck it up?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
To be fair it's not like anyone forced her to take the fight or step inside with him/her. She knew what she was doing and wouldn't be complaining had she won.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
This is why I have some issues with the Transgender community. They're delusional about a lot of things, and the supporters are delusional about a lot of things. I don't care if you think you're a woman mentally, I think there's actually some evidence that's a valid thing. I do care if you try to say you're ACTUALLY a woman. You're not. You're a transgender woman. You are most likely going to be far stronger than a natural female of the same weight/height.

Being a transgender woman shouldn't be a problem, we should accept people even if we think they're weirdos, but let's not pretend that you are 100% woman biologically.

I think it should be illegal for a transgender person to not disclose that they are transgender when engaging in sex, regardless of surgery. I think transgender people should have taken certain steps to be allowed to go into a restroom, slapping on a wig and waltzing into the girl's room with your Adam's apple bobbing and peen swinging shouldn't be allowed unless you have some proof you're brain is messed up. Transgender people shouldn't be allowed to compete in sporting events if they were born a man, they have an unfair advantage. Let's be realistic about it. Realistic and accepting. Even if it's a mental disorder (which I think it is despite what the DSM was pressured into saying) it should be treated with compassion. That being said, it shouldn't be treated with kid gloves and we shouldn't pretend that saying you're a woman or taking hormones makes you an authentic woman. Women shouldn't be allowed in military roles if they can't meet the same requirements as the men, and men shouldn't be fighting women in the ring. I'm sure there are a few women my height and weight that would destroy me in a fight, but the vast majority couldn't, it's unfair. Biology isn't fair.

Umm you do realize most trans who use the bathrooms you woudnt even know they were. As to disclosing their birth sex what difference does it make if they are totally passable? If you are ever in a posistion of dating a woman and find out she used to be a male then be the adult and just quietly go your seperate ways.

Ive seen some TG women who are just as weak as a normal female. Matter of fact ive seen the natural females run circles around a few. As to the woman in the OP yeah bad choice of proffession and she should had told the Board and they would had kept it quiet confidentially.

The only reason i say this is THAT was a CONTRACT. you dont lie on a contract. It has nothing to do with her being transgendered. Also I dont they want to be called a natural woman to be honest.

Seems to me alot are not secure in their sexuality enough to let them be as they are. Its almost a sif they are afraid of that which they do not understand.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: TheBulk

I think he is saying its not equal to begin with... Hes still a man with 20 years of training and it showed. The woman who got pummelled said as much.

Maybe she should just toughen up and suck it up?

Not according to Law. until then "shes" a she now.

And the woman was just mad she didnt win because she underestimated her opponnent and wants her record amended with a win by DQ or a draw due to her opponnent being a former man.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

The complete lack of armor and offensive weaponry (claws, fangs, etc) plainly demonstrate the human body was never made for fighting or warfare. In terms of nature it makes about as much sense as penguins trying to become desert creatures.

It's bad enough that men have been expected to fight in wars but now we've opened the door for women to die and get mangled for corporate profits. We are at the bottom, there is nowhere lower to sink.
edit on 21-4-2016 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2016 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Freija

I almost sent this in a PM, but I think it's safe to say publicly. I can't imagine all the hate and ignorance you have felt and dealt with in your lifetime. But if you can for just a minute, realize that most of us are in the same boat. We have never had to deal with this situation, or come to terms with what this means. We have ALL been sheltered by society. that same society that in the past, made you feel bad for who you were.

Thank you for responding. I'm working on a reply to your BTS thread to be posted sometime later. It will be less caustic.

Here's another insight into my life. After I was assaulted by a group of hateful phobic boys in the 10th grade (1970) and ended up in the emergency room with broken ribs, needing stitches in multiple locations and missing school for 3 weeks, other than some verbal abuse and intimidation for the year or so after that I have not had to face hate, ignorance, intolerance, bigotry, prejudice or discrimination from society or from anyone really ever except for here where folks supposedly claim some degree of enlightenment, profess to deny ignorance and claim to be critical thinkers but express the opposite. I see a lot of those same, hateful phobic 10th grade boys here and honestly, it is troublesome.

Society has not "made me feel bad because of who I am". I am nobody's victim, bitch nor emotionally delicate little snowflake plus it's not my fault nor was it my choice to be the way I was so why should I feel bad (although it is private and somewhat awkward in intimate situations so people like Domo don't freak out and kill me). Heaven knows my parents and doctors did everything to "fix" me but even they realized at some point I wasn't broken in the first place and after what had been many years of conflict, turmoil and tears, they became my biggest supporters. Parts of my childhood were hellish. What my folks had to deal with raising me probably more so and other than virtually locking me in the house until I got out of high school so I wouldn't be killed, raped or murdered, they did their best in spite of the times which weren't quite as enlightened as they are today, to put it mildly.

I was lucky because as a girl, I fit in because I was"normal" and because I was/am reasonably attractive and because people have no idea how I was born. I recognize my cisnormative privilege and the things I speak for are for others, not for myself because these are not my issues and the things I went through 45+ years ago are not my life. Others are not as fortunate. I've been happy, successful, have loved and have been loved and been gifted with a wonderfully unique perspective on it all that few people can even imagine.

So getting angry at us for simply being us, is equally unfair.

If people were making ignorant racist slurs and someone stood up and got angry about it, would that be justified? People are saying things here that simply aren't factual or based on anything but myth, urban legend and fear of anything different from themselves not things that are recognized by science, medicine or things anyone with an ounce of compassion or respect would say. Granted, a thread about a barbaric blood sport probably isn't going to bring out the great thinkers or communicators here but still, some of the things said, the way they were said and the intent is pretty damned trans-antagonistic, rude and offensive and if young people should happen to be reading, cis or trans or whatever, these aren't the kinds of attitudes about any group we want to pass down to our children.

I doubt a guy with a Doctorate in Physics gets angry when he speaks to me about dark matter. Sure I know it's likely dark based on the name, but other than that, to me, it just doesn't matter.

So if this Doctorate in Physics patiently took the time to explain it, dumbed it down so even you and grade school kids could understand it and you went like this when they were talking

do you think they might get a little perturbed? That is exactly how I feel.

But you need to understand most simply don't get it, and it's kind of our right to not have to face this if we don't want to, or aren't ready to.

Face what exactly? Life beyond the rural south of the 1950's? That people like me, kids like me and those similar to us exist, have always existed and are finally getting fed up with being erased, dismissed and demonized as mentally sick and perverted predatory monsters attacking children in bathrooms? That people who say nasty uneducated things and use slurs can't get away with it anymore because they might have to face some person that calls out derogatory, dismissive, de-humanizing, phobic, spiteful or intentionally hurtful and disrespectful language? Here's the reason I stuck my nose here in the first place:

“A time comes when silence is betrayal.”
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

"If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity."
Albert Einstein

“Silence in the face of injustice is complicity with the oppressor.”
Ginetta Sagan

So why no condemnation and outrage when Holly Holm kicked the crap out of Ronda Rousey?

Ronda Rousey Breaks Silence, Admits to Lengthy Injury Recovery

Ronda Rousey hurt so bad in fight she’s been suspended for 6 months

Joe Rogan Says Ronda Rousey Suffered "Serious Head Injury"

Oh wait! Because we don't have a trans person to tear down and disparage. Makes sense nobody has mentioned this.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

So why no condemnation and outrage when Holly Holm kicked the crap out of Ronda Rousey?

Oh wait! Because we don't have a trans person to tear down and disparage. Makes sense nobody has mentioned this.

Because they are both women, neither one of them use to be a man.

Strawman argument.

Sorry.
edit on 21-4-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Saying that a tail is a leg doesn't make it a leg.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
a reply to: onequestion

The complete lack of armor and offensive weaponry (claws, fangs, etc) plainly demonstrate the human body was never made for fighting or warfare. In terms of nature it makes about as much sense as penguins trying to become desert creatures.

It's bad enough that men have been expected to fight in wars but now we've opened the door for women to die and get mangled for corporate profits. We are at the bottom, there is nowhere lower to sink.

I'm not so sure about this.

We have built in weapons and we can make weapons.

edit on 21-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Excellent post. It's good to get a first-person perspective.

Perhaps you can change my mind though, because I still believe it is wrong that a man, whom is now a woman, would fight a woman.

My barbarian mindset tells me that, in general, men a more physically capable than women. I know that is a vast generalization and there are many, many examples that would contradict that statement, but I think it is true.

On the other hand, he is now a she. We have to grant people the same rights we would grant any other person. If we recognize that a person has the right to be whom they want to be, male or female, is it a violation of rights to forbid them from participating in a sport with a gender they were not born as?

I'm stuck on this one.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Whoa this is a real story

How could they let this fight happen? Amazing how crazy this world has become
edit on 21-4-2016 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Men aND women are physically different. You can argue the brain being female but it's still xx xy

That was a man fighting a woman. Even if they were the same weight fat a muscle mass is still a major factor making the fight dumb.

Now a woman can win with skill and talent but she could have been seriously injured

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Ridiculous — it's a race, will we expand to space before we either destroy our planet, blow each other up, or kill ourselves trying to be PC? Or are we doomed?

As a father, I don't want a TG dude in the stall next to my daughter, especially when she was say.. 12. They should not be beating the crap out of woman, outside or inside a ring. They are guys.. no matter how touchy-feely they might think they are, no matter what bits they chop off of themselves.. genetically they are DUDES!

Fight should never have been allowed to happen. But then.. it's you know.. fighting. A sport where you beat the crap out of another person. It's difficult to decide if I am disgusted by this story, or simply the fact that humans still think a sport where you literally just beat the crap out of each other is somehow a good thing.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

As a father, I don't want a TG dude in the stall next to my daughter, especially when she was say.. 12.

How about this 14 year old m/f transgender girl?

Or this 6 year old m/f transgender girl?

edit on 22-4-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

originally posted by: Freija

Because they are both women, neither one of them use to be a man.

Strawman argument.

Sorry.

What does that have to do with the serious injuries and outcome?

Nothing.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

I thought this through as well all but still have not found out if this was the first fight where the other fighter knew.

What killed this for me was looking at the pictures and a few video side by side. As well as the comments by the fighter in being so over powered. It showed in the video as well. This girl was no slouch either. the other part being bone structure and overall biology. Not to mention I would think he does not have to deal with minstrel cycles and the monthly blood loss...Think about that. Also on top of that who is not to say Fox is not doping by removing and adding blood. The last point would be cutting weight. He should have an advantage of gaining and losing weight, especially losing it. A woman due to child birth one would think naturally not want to cut weight as much and probably more negative consequences than the man turned female(sorta).

Yes I have seen many experienced woman destroy un-experienced men. I have also seen many experienced woman beat experienced but lighter male fighters. Aside from limited to grappling full stand up men on female at same weight is a confident 80 plus %. Now if your Ronda Rousey, Tate, holm...those woman can roll with same weight men but not experienced top of class men still.

Problem is this seems to be a male to female experienced fighter and very strong and great shape for a guy let alone a girl. Fox should be moved to the mens division if he ever has any real dreams in the ring. If other woman are ok with it and take the fight for the money knowing it so be it that is their call and caution. the fact that the first five fights he had he had not notified of his sex change!

To say those things happen often sure. In the first round two minutes not as much. bigger issue...someone just died of similar injuries......How do they allow this fight after something like that happened recently. Also it seemed to be a very punk move to keep pounding her face rather than going for the choke. I imagine that is fox MO though! All I see is a woman beater that was aloud by the system to do just that legally! I know that is taking it way far but think about a dude on the top of a woman pounding her face in full mount. Now shove the guys penis inward and put a bunch of female hormones, boobs, and long hair and replay tape.
edit on 22-4-2016 by randomthoughts12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join