It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Did It! The rest is post modern chatter!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: edmc^2

Well one side requires pure faith and to ignore what can be observed.

Like the side where they believe that nothing created everything?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

I could not and would not confine you...
I'm not trying to bind you...
I wouldn't medicate you...
Or provide electro shock therapy...
I don't hate anything that much...
I don't mean to come off as your enemy...

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Since others have brought up archeology and the Exodus, I'm interested in your views regarding the information in the videos below (regarding what things you're aware of in terms of reliability). If others know any serious responses to this information they're welcome to share too (not blanket statements that it's nonsense or ad hominems and such, something that adresses the finds and lab results in detail, especially regarding the rather unique composition of the sulphur or brimstone balls mentioned in the last set of videos).

The video below I'm only interested in your views regarding the first 24 minutes (it has a few more details than the video above about the possible Red Sea crossing site).

In the video below I'm particularly interested in someone adressing the manner in which these sulphur or brimstone balls are found (the rain pattern, or perhaps someone that can demonstrate what other deception might possibly be going on there that might suggest these balls actually did not fall on that rock in a rain pattern from the air).

And this video is just bonus for everyone who hasn't seen it yet:

edit on 21-4-2016 by whereislogic because: addition

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

I could not and would not confine you...
I'm not trying to bind you...
I wouldn't medicate you...
Or provide electro shock therapy...
I don't hate anything that much...
I don't mean to come off as your enemy...

You fail to love me is all and am saddened.
edit on 21-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Tough love is still love Lil buddy...

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
Tough love is still love Lil buddy...

Strong, resilient and holding true to ones persistent values that echo ones core belief describe ones being or (ultimate truth). Empathy for God is what I feel.
edit on 21-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Again your just stating that the bible knew this ahead of time with no proof.

And one scripture stating that the earth "hangs on nothing" is not proof of anything. The earth isn't hanging. It is spinning in orbit. The bible does not mention this at all. Try again.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

Since others have brought up archeology and the Exodus, I'm interested in your views regarding the information in the videos below (regarding what things you're aware of in terms of reliability). If others know any serious responses to this information they're welcome to share too (not blanket statements that it's nonsense or ad hominems and such, something that adresses the finds and lab results in detail, especially regarding the rather unique composition of the sulphur or brimstone balls mentioned in the last set of videos).

The video below I'm only interested in your views regarding the first 24 minutes (it has a few more details than the video above about the possible Red Sea crossing site).

In the video below I'm particularly interested in someone adressing the manner in which these sulphur or brimstone balls are found (the rain pattern, or perhaps someone that can demonstrate what other deception might possibly be going on there that might suggest these balls actually did not fall on that rock in a rain pattern from the air).

And this video is just bonus for everyone who hasn't seen it yet:

Those videos provide no proof of anything. they are biased and were made with an agenda. Real scientists and atchaelogists have no agenda. They follow the evidence. To think that so many people from so many walks of life would cover up such things is silly. Why? Now I know why your name is whereislogic because you haven't found logic yet. No Jehovah's Witness site links for evidence today???

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Again your just stating that the bible knew this ahead of time with no proof.

And one scripture stating that the earth "hangs on nothing" is not proof of anything. The earth isn't hanging. It is spinning in orbit. The bible does not mention this at all. Try again.

I'm not trying to put you down but did you actually studied the Bible in depths? Did you even read its contents?

I think not because if you did you should have known what it said.

in poetic style - it says:

"God stretched out the northern sky and hung the earth in empty space." - Job 26:7 GNT

[Job 26:7 KJV] 7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, [and] hangeth the earth upon nothing.

NKJV
He stretches out the north over empty space;
He hangs the earth on nothing.

NLT
God stretches the northern sky over empty space
and hangs the earth on nothing.

NIV
He spreads out the northern skies over empty space; he suspends the earth over nothing.

ESV
He stretches out the north over the void
and hangs the earth on nothing.

HCSB
He stretches the northern skies over empty space;
He hangs the earth on nothing.

www.blueletterbible.org...

As to proof. Since when do you think Bible book of Job was written?

And when was it discovered that nothing SOLID was holding the earth or in poetic jargon- "hangeth the earth upon nothing."?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Repeating the same scripture over and over doesn't make it more true. What is the "northern" sky. Again the earth isn't hanging at all. It's not suspended on a string. It's in orbit spinning around in an orbit. With other orbital bodies all of which are spinning around the sun in the centre. The bible makes no mention of it. If that is the best you've got your case for the bible is weak. And I've read the entire book spent 10 years as a Christian then I finally began thinking critically. I woke up.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Also since I'm in a generous mood tonight here is another one for you

Ecclesiastes 1:5 The sun rises and the sun sets, and then hastens back to its place of rising.

So according to the author of Ecclesiastes it us the sun that is moving. We know better now that the earth moves. If a supreme being were responsible for that book of the bible he either failed or it a just man made stories. Take your pick.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

YES BECAUSE SOMETHING HAPPENED AND IM TOO IGNORANT TO FIGURE IT OUT SO IT MUST BE GOD!

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Which God was that? More likely a Goddess than a God really. gods teend to be too busy beating their Chests and causing storms.

I also do not think you quiute understand what and how I used those free radicals

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Which God was that? More likely a Goddess than a God really. gods teend to be too busy beating their Chests and causing storms.

I also do not think you quiute understand what and how I used those free radicals

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
mythical beings can't do anything, because they are made up in people's minds....i learned that in elementary school, as i thought everyone did.

The only mythical being you know, is the one you have created in place of the real one that you don't know. Just think about that.

Although I don't really expect you think.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Also since I'm in a generous mood tonight here is another one for you

Ecclesiastes 1:5 The sun rises and the sun sets, and then hastens back to its place of rising.

So according to the author of Ecclesiastes it us the sun that is moving. We know better now that the earth moves. If a supreme being were responsible for that book of the bible he either failed or it a just man made stories. Take your pick.

Or the writer of that little verse wrote it symbolically like poetry, but then a poetic display of information goes a bit beyond what your little mind has time for.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

All those videos have an agenda? Yeah, like presenting documented and investigated information just like lots of documentaries.
Oh, but since they show things that you don't want to be true, it's an agenda that is biased to what you believe?

That's pretty rich.
You can come here and lie all you want to, but no one with any sense is going to believe you, and that includes those who hope you are right even though they have that sinking feeling about it. Same thing when CNN lies about something and everyone knows it, but because it fits their agenda, they parrot it right along side them with chin up in the air, thinking that if enough people do that in unison, that it will somehow become true by virtue of wishful thinking and a noisy, clamoring majority group. Exactly like we all see happen with the MSM and one of their agenda driven schemes.
edit on 21-4-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Where's Ghost147 when you need him...

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   

That is proof of nothing. Anyone can look outside and say the earth hangs on "nothing"

If the bible said "God spins the earth in its orbit around the Sun and in accordance with the other planets" then you might have a case.

The whole earth could not be flooded as the bible states. Not could all the animals be taken on the Ark. Nor could they get along if they did. What would the lions and tigers and bears do?

In exodus it states that the first born in every Egyptian household was killed by God. The Egyptians would have had a record of this if it were true.

Samson killing 1,000 people by himself with a jawbine? I think not.

Your arhuement for the bible fails. Sorry.

How did they know it hung on nothing? What do you mean by just looking outside?

#2 Why? There is no need to know that.

Why do you not think the earth couldn't be covered in water and we are talking about God here, He sent the animals and
they were probably drugged by Noah.

They haven't found the hieroglyphic tablet that said, "the israelites kicked our ass" yet.

1000 sales are killed with the same weapon everyday.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Thus, God is not the "god of the gaps" as some ignorantly refer to Him. No but He is the God of the WHOLE show

Well one can assume that the God of the Old Testament was mortal and not 'knowing". What they were upto in Paradise that they hid from

Genesis 3:9

9 But the Lord God called out to the man. “Where are you?” he asked. 10 “I heard you in the garden,” the man answered. “I was afraid, because I was naked. So I hid.” 11 The Lord God said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten fruit from the tree I commanded you not to eat from?” 12 The man said, “It’s the fault of the woman you put here with me. She gave me some fruit from the tree. And I ate it.”

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join