It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Did It! The rest is post modern chatter!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
a reply to: vethumanbeing
Sorry I was unaware of the extent of delusions from which you suffer..
Clearly you can tell yourself anything and believe it...

You asked and I answered.

sometimes VHB it's not the answer we want to hear...

Å99

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Ask the deities involved
I certainly have no idea, hopefully not in my species lifetimes.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

5 kgs here is not 5kgs everywhere...
So that's sort of an illusion...
Or relative if you will...
It is in no way an absolute...

Nonsense. Kilograms are a unit of mass, not weight. A 5kg mass on Earth will still be a 5kg mass on the Moon or on Jupiter.
edit on 4/20/2016 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

you took the program well… easter bunny = God, etc you get a gold star.

meanwhile, all the archeology, scholarship, history and science that they left out of the program supports the Bible...

some good vids to consider breaking the program:

youtube: The Case For A Creator With Lee Strobel
www.youtube.com...

yt: Latest Scientific Evidence for God's Existence - Hugh Ross, PhD
youtu.be...

yt: Young Earth - Young Universe
youtu.be...

yt: Scientific Evidence for God - Dr. Strauss
youtu.be...
physics professor at the University of Oklahoma who often spends his time studying smashed subatomic particles at the Large Hadron Collider at CERN laboratory in Switzerland

“The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power. My mother taught me to seek all truth in the Bible.”
--Nikola Tesla

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: mouthfullofkefirgrains
meanwhile, all the archeology, scholarship, history and science that they left out of the program supports the Bible...

I'll bite. So where's all the historical and archaeological evidence for the Exodus?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
A book is not proof. Only believers take the Bible as proof of anything. If the Bible is the truth, why do they not include all the Books? Why are some hidden in the Vatican?
Because you get to see which parts they need you to see, to keep you in line. Why doesn't ancient Egypt have records of all their slaves leaving at once? Why do they not have records of their army dying when the sea was parted? Why is there no record of Moses? The Egyptians kept records on a daily basis, even recording the number of bushels of grain, but not one word on any of that.
Hmmm.

But you take the word of the egyptians that nothing happened?

Ever read about what bad things happened to them?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: mouthfullofkefirgrains

I'll bite. So where's all the historical and archaeological evidence for the Exodus?

It was either destroyed or buried in a cover up because most archaelogists and scientists have an agenda to do the devils work. Of course I'm being sarcastic but that's the answer apologists give. Oh and btw there is YouTube videos from a few scientists that say the earth is 6,000 years old so it must be true.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Sorry I was unaware of the extent of delusions from which you suffer..
Clearly you can tell yourself anything and believe it...

You asked and I answered.

sometimes VHB it's not the answer we want to hear...
Å99

No Apology, I stated a truth as I know it happened in a certain manner (how are you friend)?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
d/p ordered a pizza
edit on 20-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

Ask the deities involved
I certainly have no idea, hopefully not in my species lifetimes.

Always in confabulation. Arguing fine points of lawyer speak with non entities (pretending to be physical). They want to rule the world; and I will not let them "rational speak" new rules.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Sremmos80

I asked him why before he left earth...
when he was asked where he was going...
He replied to sheep not of this fold...
He was going to take care of other followers not of the Earth in other words...

Do you know where I can find that passage?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

5kgs on earth is 12.91kgs on Jupiter the jovian gravity is 2.528 times greater...
Of course I am talking about the weight of a kilogram on earth as oppose to elsewhere...
And not the mass of 5kgs...
Perhaps I should have said newton...
When is the last time you bought a bag of potatoes by the newton?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
This is a prime example for why the religious minded cannot be trusted. Facts and evidence did not lead them to their position. Facts will not lead them out of their mind trap. It is peer pressure and a weak mind that drives them. A herd mentality that prohibits them from seeing the truth that they are all falling for the same lie of fake salvation from the fake wrath of the same fake god that they are supposed to worship blindly.

If you are not mature enough to accept that your actions are your responsibility and not the product of some belligerent fairy god father, how can you be trusted with pretty much anything?

Put the fairy tales away children.

a reply to: edmc^2

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle
Newton was a genius. What is the differential regarding potatoes?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

God gave you free will...
That leaves you entirely responsible for your own actions...
You are not a robot running God's script...
You do not have a clear understanding of things to be offering up something so nonsensical and presume to be correct...
Do you actually believe what you just said?
If you do I have no interest in trusting anything else you have to say...
Time to grow up...

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

You need to integrate that into your thinking....

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

A Fig newton tastes pretty good...
How is it relevant?
I offered a newton instead of kilogram as an alternative to illustrate my point... I was not talking about Sir Isaac...
edit on 20-4-2016 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

You need to integrate that into your thinking....

You as a radical savant; tell me how to do so.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

5StarOracle: God gave you free will.

Did no such thing.

5Srar: That leaves you entirely responsible for your own actions...
You are not a robot running God's script.

Certainly not; as I have no free will.

5Star: You do not have a clear understanding of things to be offering up something so nonsensical and presume to be correct... Do you actually believe what you just said?

I have no free will as everything is planned forecast (inevitable) YOU SCRIPTED IT (your own planned existence).

5Star: If you do I have no interest in trusting anything else you have to say...
Time to grow up...

Into what? Your idea of an Infantile Adult manifested that speaks?
edit on 21-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Atheists and Theists are ultimately left with SOMETHING being an uncaused cause.

To atheists, that uncaused cause would be the universe in some form or another, or whatever non-conscious thing leads to multiverses.

So, matter and energy cannot be created or destroyed. I would argue rules like that wouldn't make it logically follow that a Creator would be unable to create, though.
But I can swallow you see no need for a Creator since this is the case and there seems to be natural mechanisms causing the evolution of the universe.

But what about consciousness? As an atheist, you're forced to accept that consciousness, a self aware intelligence, has not always existed, so it came to be somehow. What is consciousness, to you? Matter is made up of atoms and then smaller particles on the quantum level. What is consciousness made up of? Is it energy? Can it be consciousness be measured and used in equations like energy can?

Furthermore, how did consciousness arise within a non-conscious universe? We can somewhat explain how the universe around us came to be, all the present states of matter and energy. But can anyone explain where consciousness came to be?

Life is clearly something different than inanimate matter and energy. We don't have a decent idea of how life sparked in science. You could go out on a limb and say simple life just evolved into sentient, conscious life... But how much sense, if you're being honest, does that really make? WHY would life evolve into conscious life?

WHY are any of these mechanisms happening?

I can answer. Consciousness is something DIFFERENT than matter and energy. Consciousness has always existed. A non-conscious, purposeless universe cannot create conscious life, but a conscious, eternal Creator can.
A quantum multiverse, while possible, is explaining complexity with more complexity.
God creating the universe, is not explaining complexity with more complexity because God isn't "complex" in the way we're using that word. Complex in sense of the universe being complex as to need a creator is that it is made up of so many different parts and mechanisms.
God is not made up of parts. God is whole. No parts pre-existed him in order to comprise him.
God is, however, 'complex' in the sense of being very difficult to fully understand.
edit on 20-4-2016 by Achilles92x because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join