It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Did It! The rest is post modern chatter!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
From infidels.org (ironic I know)

1KI 6:2, 2CH 3:3 Solomon's temple was only about ninety feet long by thirty feet wide, yet:
1KI 5:15-16 153,300 persons were employed to build it.
1KI 6:38 It took seven years to build.
1CH 22:14 ~7,500,000 lbs. of gold and ~75,000,000 lbs. of silver were used.
1CH 23:4 24,000 supervisors and 6,000 officials and judges were employed to manage it. (Note: Inasmuch as there seems to be uncertainty as to the exact weight of the biblical talent, some estimates place the weight of gold at more than 13,000,000 lbs. and the weight of silver at more than 116,000,000 lbs.)

This is just absurd. Look at those numbers. They make no sense whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
originally posted by: 5StarOracle
a reply to: vethumanbeing

5Sar: It's called a dictionary... that's where this factual information comes from... Do you deny this definition to be a part of reality? [god] noun
1.the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe. Understand now?

10. "God". Used to express disappointment, disbelief, weariness, frustration, annoyance or the like.

5Star: If you want further proof of the flaw in your method of thinking you are the one who said Lucifer is God not I... You said that when you said we were God because we are God's expression... Because Lucifer is an expression of God...So it is you who liken Lucifer unto God along with himself through your own statements...

All of Gods creations are created of Itself. Some want the God throne moniker more than others. I have always advocated for Gods creations; evil or not; were/are allowed to exist.
edit on 20-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Are we on the Earth or the Moon or Jupiter?
5 kgs here is not 5kgs everywhere...
So that's sort of an illusion...
Or relative if you will...
It is in no way an absolute...

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Science does not work that way, and you've had this discussion with others here who work in science. I am not a physicist as you well know. But here goes, from what I remember learning from Physics, physical chemistry etc as an undergrad
T
he total energy of the universe is zero. That's because there's negative energy associated with gravitational attraction. Add positive to an equal amount of negative, and you get zero. So saying energy can't be created or destroyed just means you can't change the total energy of the universe, which is always at zero.

I will also remind you, and you know this:

Science
only
deals
with
things
which
can
be
measured

Thus if it is super natural, it can not be measured. Thus it is not part of science. If it can not be measured, it can neither be proven nor disprove, and shall not be considered.

quod erat demonstrandum

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Again I have said it before and I'll say it again. It's possible there could be a creator being. But if he were as powerful as claimed by the bible there should be evidence. The bible says God never changes yet he does change from one that punishes his creation by his own wrath to one that no longer interferes. He was once able to be kept inside a box inside of a tent. Now he apparently isn't. He once was able to cause donkeys to speak. Now he cannot. I'm just saying the bible should not be taken literally.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Of course you are allowed to exist...
But tell me how this makes you God?
It does not...
yet without God to express you you would not exist...
Using your own logic against you...

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

As a polytheist, there could well be many deities. But for the monotheists, their creator should be wacking us around the ears with evidence. Big unambigous stuff. If there is a single creator, then the lack of unambiguous evidence implies that the Deist view is the correct one, and "God" is observing his experiment

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Of course that is a massive fail...
for all of energy is everything not nothing or zero...
For all things are energy...
So if all energy was cancelled out and or nullified then there would be no energy...
So no energy means nothing...
This is not the reality of everything that is...

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
GE 4:9 God asks Cain where his brother Able is.
PR 15:3, JE 16:17, 23:24-25, HE 4:13 God is everywhere. He sees everything. Nothing is hidden from his view.

As we can see in Genesis chapter 4 God asked Cain where Able is. The all powerful God didn't know ?

EZ 6:12, NA 1:2, 6 God is jealous and furious. He reserves wrath for, and takes revenge on, his enemies. "... who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? His fury is poured out like fire, and rocks are thrown down by him."
2CO 13:11, 14, 1JN 4:8, 16 God is love.
GA 5:22-23 The fruit of the Spirit of God is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

As we can ser in the old testament God is jealous and wrathful and angry. But this changes and in galations God is love and faithfulness and gentleness and self control. So how does a God who never changes go from having no self control to having self control ?

Why is it that God repented for some of the things he did in the old testament if he is a perfect being. Perfect beings don't make mistakes and therefore have no reason to repent.

These inconsistencies would make sense if we were talking about two separate beings but there is no logical way to reconcile this as the same being unless you fundamentally change certain doctrines.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Of course you are allowed to exist...
But tell me how this makes you God?
It does not... yet without God to express you you would not exist...
Using your own logic against you...

Without ME as It's expression and proclaiming; I as a conscious being in 'recognition' of Itself and understanding a God form created me DOES NOT EXIST. It remains a figment of It's own or my own imagination. Did IT create me or did I create IT?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Absolutely. If there were one true creator being you would think it would have made its presence clearly known to all people in all parts of the world. Instead it relies on waiting for the book to be made available thousands of years in the future. It could have shown itself to all cultures at the same time. Making its rules known to everyone in the same way. However it doesn't do that. It leaves billions of people in the dark until now apparently.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Using what you just said...
God to observe his experiment would have to be doing so from outside of it...
Or God would have to be part of all things...
He could for instance do this as being a part of everything...
by existing as the energy for all things...
You could say breathing life into them even...
Yet that does not mean any of these other things are God for with time these things fail and cease to be...
Yet this energy does not cease to exist...
instead it transforms some say it is eternal...
That which exists beyond "natural means"...
Some now say there is a black hole which exists at the center of every galaxy...
I find it interesting how a black hole resembles an eye...
All the light surrounding the blackness in many different colors bright and beautiful like an iris...
And the deep blackness in the center which no light escapes from just like a pupil...
It's funny how many also say this blackness is a gateway to a diff dimension...
Remember I said God would have to exist outside of the entire Universe to be able to be God by definition...
So perhaps God is watching after all...

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Did you create your mother and father or did they create you?
Convince me you created them then we can talk...

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

That is the Deist view. It also implies that he does NOT get involved in his experiment beyond the initial creation. Thus all his profits, his only begotten son, etc were not agents of his plan.

As I said that is the Deist view. It is not mine
I've mentioned mine in another thread, I think to you, possibly to one of the other creationists. My view is chaos gained order, then came the Gods.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Oh you are an expert in Physics now. Good job. I don't think you understood what I wrote. The total energy implies that it adds up to zero. That does not mean that there is no energy, it means that the sum (think accounting if that is how you think) is a big fat zero.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: Joecanada11

As a polytheist, there could well be many deities. But for the monotheists, their creator should be wacking us around the ears with evidence. Big unambigous stuff. If there is a single creator, then the lack of unambiguous evidence implies that the Deist view is the correct one, and "God" is observing his experiment

I find this interesting. When will God decide IT has had enough of this paradigm and re-boots the entire thing to zero start point (again) start it all over.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Did you create your mother and father or did they create you? Convince me you created them then we can talk...

Actually I did; I manufactured both sides of the family hundreds of years ago and inserted myself within it during a particular time frame necessary to effect a subtle change within a few decades of existence.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Sorry I was unaware of the extent of delusions from which you suffer..
Clearly you can tell yourself anything and believe it...
edit on 20-4-2016 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

If I did the same thing I must have made a mistake with the choice of my father. Lol.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Sorry I was unaware of the extent of delusions from which you suffer..
Clearly you can tell yourself anything and believe it...

You asked and I answered truthfully,

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join