It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Did It! The rest is post modern chatter!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

5kgs on earth is 12.91kgs on Jupiter the jovian gravity is 2.528 times greater...
Of course I am talking about the weight of a kilogram on earth as oppose to elsewhere...
And not the mass of 5kgs...
Perhaps I should have said newton...
When is the last time you bought a bag of potatoes by the newton?

Can't say that I've ever bought anything by the Newton. Just making sure everyone was clear on the terminology being used.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: mouthfullofkefirgrains
a reply to: jimmyx

you took the program well… easter bunny = God, etc you get a gold star.

meanwhile, all the archeology, scholarship, history and science that they left out of the program supports the Bible...

some good vids to consider breaking the program:

youtube: The Case For A Creator With Lee Strobel
www.youtube.com...

yt: Latest Scientific Evidence for God's Existence - Hugh Ross, PhD
youtu.be...

yt: Young Earth - Young Universe
youtu.be...

yt: Scientific Evidence for God - Dr. Strauss
youtu.be...
physics professor at the University of Oklahoma who often spends his time studying smashed subatomic particles at the Large Hadron Collider at CERN laboratory in Switzerland

“The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power. My mother taught me to seek all truth in the Bible.”
--Nikola Tesla

It's funny that all the evidence for the bible has been conveniently hidden by some super secret cabal of illuminati types...

Yet all the evidence against is easily available for all to see, and test themselves....

Curious, almost as if the same people who are selling the Christian conspiracy stuff, are asking for donations or offerings from those who buy their claim.....

Also curious the only measuring stick for heaven, is faith...which is by definition believing in something that all logic and evidence says is not the case...

Those are extremely lucky coincidences.

Hehe

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

a reply to: Woodcarver

God gave you free will...
That leaves you entirely responsible for your own actions...
You are not a robot running God's script...
You do not have a clear understanding of things to be offering up something so nonsensical and presume to be correct...
Do you actually believe what you just said?
If you do I have no interest in trusting anything else you have to say...
Time to grow up...

Humans have free will. Religion and superstitious beliefs stifle that free will by applying pressure to conform to unreasonable standards. You are duped into accepting impossible events as unquestionable truth in stark contrast to every observation made in the real world.

The best evidence you can procure is your own opinion because there is not one single thread of tangible proof for your claims.

Prove god exists. You must have something tangible which made you believe? Because if you don't, then you have based your entire life on an idea that you have no good reason to believe. Your opinions have no bearings on reality.

So all of you religious nuts can stop telling the rest of the world how to live and what to believe. You gotta see that nobody gives a # about what revelation you had while taking your evening #. There is no god. Stop telling people about what god/you likes and doesn't like. It's all in your head, so leave it in there. Use your fantasies to make yourself a better person. Get off of your pedestal, you are not as important as you want everyone to think you are.

edit on 21-4-2016 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

God gave you free will...
That leaves you entirely responsible for your own actions...
You are not a robot running God's script...

If this was true then why does anyone praise any Glory to God??? We are responsible for ourselves and our actions. Which means no miracles, no meddling with human affairs by any Gods or Demons. Because meddling with human affairs negates our free will.

Yet Religious God Worshipers are always giving praise to God for all kinds of good things in their lives and thanking their God for making them happen. Oddly enough, whenever something bad happens that's when they bring up the Free Will argument and blame man.

So I guess people are only responsible for the bad things while all the good stuff happens because of the Gods. Yet we're supposed to believe we're responsible for our lives and apparently not responsible for them at the same time.

Sounds like a bunch of people making sh*t up and then making up other sh*t when they get caught lying about the first batch of sh*t they made up.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: mouthfullofkefirgrains
meanwhile, all the archeology, scholarship, history and science that they left out of the program supports the Bible...

I'll bite. So where's all the historical and archaeological evidence for the Exodus?

It was either destroyed or buried in a cover up because most archaelogists and scientists have an agenda to do the devils work. Of course I'm being sarcastic but that's the answer apologists give. Oh and btw there is YouTube videos from a few scientists that say the earth is 6,000 years old so it must be true.

Wouldn't that require every archeologists on the planet to swear into some secret cult?!?

This has been covered up for millinia. That requires generations of scientists....

Just ridiculous lol

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: vethumanbeing

You need to integrate that into your thinking....

Does THAT idea form have an opposite recipe for denial?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

You are not God...
I realize you have strong delusions...
Oxymoron does seem to be your strong suit though...
I don't blame God for making you a fool though,I agree you do that all by yourself...
More evidence of your free will...

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
When Da Vinci was drawing flying machines and all manner of contraptions, we knew little about the cosmos. Some thought the world flat. As time passed we gained more information until we had the likes of Sagan, Hawking and DeGrasse. We think we are approaching the zenith of creations mysteries and will soon be able to have that elusive Unified Field Theory understood in it's entirety.

As unfathomable as creation is, the creator sets far above our understanding. To think otherwise is pure folly. Ridicule away.....

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

You are not God...
I realize you have strong delusions...
Oxymoron does seem to be your strong suit though...
I don't blame God for making you a fool though,I agree you do that all by yourself...
More evidence of your free will...

Who are you to tell me I am Not God. Who are you to diagnose me as the Omnipotent God or accuse me of NOT being so. This is YOUR truth or false fantasy construction. Your infinite knowledge is derived from what source (well spring).
edit on 21-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

While God may or may not interceded on behalf of man as a miracle that would be his perogative I guess and I'm sure most of those would be something asked for by the individual freely done so...
As for demons as far as I know they can not force you to do anything they can only suggest or tempt you to do something...At which point you are free to use your freewill to decide if you want to go along or not...
But then I guess you would have to include demonic possession this would get a lot harder to argue with you. Except it is believed that this also needs some form of decision by the possessed even if they are deceived...
You make your own choices you may have rules set before you by others... but you could choose not to follow them...

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Achilles92x

Consciousness is like a feedback loop only with various degrees of information being processed within the loop.

If Consciousness was what kicked off everything else then it would be reasonable to assume it would have been around from the start and not be something that develops in greater and greater awareness over time along with the rest of the universe.

Consciousness as far as we can tell is the product of the complexity of living, thinking things. If there was some ultimate consciousness that created everything why would it create a universe that took eons to cool and collect and evolve to support creatures that actually have consciousness???

Where also would that consciousness have gained any of the information which it would have to have to create anything at all???

Answers like that don't make good answers because you have nothing to support them as being correct. We can all just come up with some magical answer or supernatural excuse. Hell, you could come up with a new one ever day if you wanted. None of them could be proven or dis proven however because their is nothing supporting them other than our imaginations.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Tell it to your Doctor if you are so sure...
He has a special jacket for people that think they are God... You can hug yourself all day long even...

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

How did you know I worked in free radicals during my PhD?
If you want to integrate them, I suggest some N-Bromosuccinimide and some UV light.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Tell it to your Doctor if you are so sure...
He has a special jacket for people that think they are God... You can hug yourself all day long even...

God; if admitted to the Human as being so (Its creator),would be the first to be Strait Jacketed and you (as principle jailer) would be figuring out what size to place on that body.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: edmc^2

originally posted by: jimmyx
mythical beings can't do anything, because they are made up in people's minds....i learned that in elementary school, as i thought everyone did.

Do you know some myths are based on reality but got exaggerated through the passage of time? For example, the Greek Mythology - their gods/demigods were based on real events. But as time went on, the stories got twisted and exaggerated to it's present form.

The Bible on the other hand is faithful even now.

????????????
Faithful to what? It's a poor reflection of events in the Middle East in the Bronze/Iron Ages.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

How did you know I worked in free radicals during my PhD?
If you want to integrate them, I suggest some N-Bromosuccinimide and some UV light.

Gnosis.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Ah so now I know something about you...
I'm sure you can agree that God did a good thing making fruits and vegetables to help protect humans from such...

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
This is a prime example for why the religious minded cannot be trusted. Facts and evidence did not lead them to their position. Facts will not lead them out of their mind trap. It is peer pressure and a weak mind that drives them. A herd mentality that prohibits them from seeing the truth that they are all falling for the same lie of fake salvation from the fake wrath of the same fake god that they are supposed to worship blindly.

If you are not mature enough to accept that your actions are your responsibility and not the product of some belligerent fairy god father, how can you be trusted with pretty much anything?

Put the fairy tales away children.

a reply to: edmc^2

OK - so how is it a "fairy tale" to believe that universe has a Creator yet it's not when one believes that it doesn't?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: edmc^2

Well one side requires pure faith and to ignore what can be observed.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: edmc^2

originally posted by: jimmyx
mythical beings can't do anything, because they are made up in people's minds....i learned that in elementary school, as i thought everyone did.

Do you know some myths are based on reality but got exaggerated through the passage of time? For example, the Greek Mythology - their gods/demigods were based on real events. But as time went on, the stories got twisted and exaggerated to it's present form.

The Bible on the other hand is faithful even now.

????????????
Faithful to what? It's a poor reflection of events in the Middle East in the Bronze/Iron Ages.

Faithful to the facts.

For kicks.

Since when did we know that the universe had a beginning?

The Bible already knew way ahead of time. Thousands of years ahead of our time.

Since when did know that the earth is floating in space?

The Bible already knew way ahead of time. Thousands of years ahead of our time.

Since when did we know that the earth is round?

Guess again. The Bible already knew way ahead of time.

Since when did we know that the earth has a water cycle?

The Bible already knew way ahead of time.

I can list more but the above should suffice.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join