It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game of Thrones - Season 6

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
No secret to those who read the books really. (on her reveal)

The funny part, is going back to the scene where she was in the tub, and thinking, "she didn't have the necklace on then", so does that mean Stannis' wife saw her as an old hag? Yeah, that would explain why she's a little nutty.

Personally, I think Melisandre will bring him back, but that his enemy will kill her soon after, and then try and burn John alive (like Manse). As a Targaryen, John will basically do the same as Daenerys, and emerge from the fire unharmed and reborn. Then, uh oh, for the former leader, as John ends the rebellion.

I have a feeling that Tyrion and Varys will turn things around in Mareen, in Dany's absence.

Arya's story is actually still behind from the books, so we kind of know the score there.

Of course, the whole Bolton/Sansa thing is different than the books, so we're in uncharted territory here. I suspect we'll switch over to the Iron Isles soon enough there, with the Moot for the new leader, etc. while Sansa and Theon head for the wall.

I suspect Drogon will eventually come for Dany, and this will awe the Dothraki, with them taking it as a sign, and following her back to Mareen.

Meanwhile, looks like a war between Kings Landing and Dorne is all but certain. Hopefully it won't take Cersei too long to end this Sparrow nonsense that has really run its course.

We still have Bran/Bron? Always mix that up, with the first ones, or whomever....and we know he'll run into the White Walkers too, from previews....so that's coming.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Hi.

Last night's episode ended way too fast!
I'm actually here sniffing around for spoilers, lol.

I hope you're right about Drogon coming back for Dany, it's what I was thinking when I was watching.

I'm curious about the Bran Stark storyline too...he wasn't even in last season, so it will be good to find out what's going on with him.

I hate having to wait a whole week for the next installment.

jacy

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I think Melisandres' glamours also have something to do with the vials of potions, which she was using in the bath in that instance.

I wouldn't think Jon is fire resistant, unless Melisandre uses some sort of blood magic on him like Mirri Maz Duur used with Dany.

I think she might revive him, then being so old herself, she'll die. But not before passing on some secrets from Asshai.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The theory goes R +L=J, which if correctly guessed by most fans, means Jon is a Targaryen.

For the record, I think Tyrion is the 3rd Targaryen. Three heads of the dragon. I think dad suspected it, but since he didn't know....

When all is said and done, I think all 3 will rule together.

Dany as the heart, Tyrion as the mind, and Jon as the strength.

Just in time of course, to face the ever-growing menace from the White Walkers.

(i.e A Song of Fire (dragons) and Ice (white walkers))

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Oh thank you!! How exciting!

My 3 favourite characters are Dany, Tyrion and Jon Snow.
The thought of them eventually ruling together...mind-blowing.

jacy

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Just a guess of course. If I recall correctly, Tyrion's questionable parentage is hinted at more in the books.

But, these three are certainly the pivot points of the entire story, so it makes sense. (and I don't think GRRM is exactly subtle about his intended plot lines).

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Just discovered this guys channel recently, Phil TheIssuesGuy.
Always does these recaps, sometimes 20-30 mins after the episode airs.

If anyone is into that kind of thing, he's a great host.
edit on 25-4-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

That's one of the prevailing theories, but I can't get on board with it. I've long believed that the dragons are evil, having been created through an evil blood magic ritual. Plus, I think the idea of dragons being the key to the battle with the Others is too straightforward.

But where does that leave Dany? Despite some questionable decisions and actions, especially in season 5 and book 5, she's been built up as a savior of sorts. For my part, I'm really, really, really interested to see how Dany comes out of this Dothraki captivity arc. I think there's a good possibility that history is repeating itself, and that Dany's captivity may break her, just as it did her father.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I think Drogon will show up, and she and the dragon will then awe the Dothraki power base, with her then leading ALL of the hordes.

Plus, I think the idea of dragons being the key to the battle with the Others is too straightforward.

A Song of Fire and Ice. Subtlety isn't exactly GRRM's style. For all of it's seeming complexity, the story is really no different than the standard savior storyline we see in Star Wars, Harry Potter, etc., etc. Only 3 things can deal with the white walkers, fire, Valeryan Steel (said to be forged from dragon fire), and Dragon Glass. So, not exactly being secretive about it here, as all 3 relate directly to dragons.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
I think Drogon will show up, and she and the dragon will then awe the Dothraki power base, with her then leading ALL of the hordes.

I definitely agree with you on that point. Dany will ultimately end up leading the Dothraki horde as well, probably due in large part, as you say, to Drogon nuking them into submission.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
But what would the Dothraki horde have to do with getting Dany to Westeros? She still has her army, so it's not like she needs them for that... I just don't see what use they would serve.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

Without them, she doesn't have the numbers she'd need. She only had about 8,000 unsullied, and no doubt that number will be a good bit less now, with more losses yet to come before she leaves Mereen. And each time she takes a city in Westeros, she's going to have to divide her army and leave some men behind to keep it. By contrast, the Tyrells alone can probably still raise at least half of their original strength of 100,000 men. The Vale and Dorne have yet to lose any men, the Lannisters still have an army in the field against Riverrun, and we know that even the Boltons can still raise their fair share of men to oppose Stannis. And as Jorah warns Dany in the books, nothing would unite the squabbling lords of Westeros faster than a foreign invasion, which is exactly what Dany's invasion will look like.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Apparently, this season should be a very huge uptick from previous seasons. Since there is no books anymore to draw from the writers stated they can move the story along much faster than before.

Melisandre will just revive John, since she saw him fightin in Winterfell in her visions, she's at a loss for why he's dead.

That last scene was haunting.

Bran should be making his entrence in the next couple of episodes. Let's not forget that John was also a Warg and one of the First Men and he might end up being revived by the OLD Gods, as opposed to Lord of Light.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Again...did ANYONE notice the snow beneath Jon was burned? I know Davos saw it... Surely there is more to come from that. I wonder if Melisandre will see it...or if Davos will mention it to her.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Was it really burned, or just dark blood? I guess I'd have to look closer.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

I couldn't tell exactly what it was supposed to be. Clearly, there was some significance or hidden meaning to it for Davos to take notice as he did. Its not like he hasn't seen a dead guy before.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
He is RISEN!!!!

I *knew* it.....ha ha ha ha haha......

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Yep, the red witch did it... I was really thinking my fire idea was right, until he came back finally...
Can't wait to see him go visit the other guy (who is likely in a cell right now)...that should be fun. And can you imagine the Boltons seeing a giant at Winterfell?

Boring Bran storyline again...yay....looks like they are using the whole Bran thing as exposition though. We just saw Leana as a girl, and from the preview, looks like we'll see more of young Ned, Robert, etc. All as a setup to reveal Snow's lineage. That scene in the season preview, where Bran is right there with the Night King....I suspect is just another vision to come, as well.

King's Moot is finally happening though (this is one part where the show is behind the books). Hope we see Sansa get to Castle Black soon.

Seeing Tyrion and the dragons was pretty cool.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Of course Bran and the Nights King is a vision, because Brand is standing on his own when they're on screen together.
edit on 2-5-2016 by Atsbhct because: Spell check fail.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Yes, it seems clear that the writers are using Bran's new talent to reveal the lineage of Jon Snow. It also seems logical that this will follow the Lyanna + Rhaegar theory or there would really be no reason to introduce Lyanna at all into the storyline (or maybe I'm just hopeful....). However, the part that caught my interest was Hodor and whatever caused his current state. That's something new...

I was wondering when someone was going to bring up the other two dragons.... I'm glad it was Tyrion. I hadn't considered him as the 3rd Targaryan, but now that it's been mentioned I hope that is right. And as always, Tyrion cracks me up with his wit. Imagine him coming back to Kings Landing riding a dragon.... Lol. I bet Cersei's face will be priceless in that moment.

So I've been thinking about Danaerys, Jon, and Tyrion together.... Specifically the strengths and weaknesses of each character and how they would balance and compliment each other. What do you think?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join