It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Says its Wage Hikes Are Improving Service

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

What?

The hotel industry is all about customer service and its definitely a skill.
Not everybody is fit to deal with the public. Making you feel welcome and valuable
Even though you have a nasty attitude is most definitely a skill bro.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: jacobe001

Militarizing the police force means preparation for some sort of chaotic future scenario.

Apparently, TPTB are expecting all hell to break loose.

If that doesn't scream red flag, I don't know what does.

Dick Cheney said that the war on terrorism would not be ending in his lifetime or even years after he is gone.
He was not only talking about Islamic extremists either. The Islamic war on terrorism provided them a cover to institute policies that will effect everyone against their globalist ambitions

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dembow
a reply to: TerryDon79

What?

The hotel industry is all about customer service and its definitely a skill.
Not everybody is fit to deal with the public. Making you feel welcome and valuable
Even though you have a nasty attitude is most definitely a skill bro.

Quality customer service is most definitely a skill.

It takes a lot to really understand someone's needs and how to best service them while navigating the murky waters of their mind.

I know I run a personal training business on he side.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

It takes a lot to really understand someone's needs and how to best service them while navigating the murky waters of their mind.
You want fries with that?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You want fries with that?

Your overly simplistic view and one liner responses such as this are why I prefer not to communicate with you.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Thank you for the explanation.
However, no reply at all would probably have been just as effective.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
If a living wage does not get re-established (like minimum wage used to be many many moons ago)...

I smell a new age feudal system coming back into fashion in the very near future.

Interesting times indeed.

We've never really gotten away from Feudalism....it's just been disguised and the name changed.

As George Carlin said:

It's called the American Dream because you have to be ASLEEP to belive in it!"

We've always been beholden to the richest, most powerful people of the time. We've never been truly "free" -- someone with more resources can, and will take what you have (either at the point of a sword, gun or court system). No one truly "owns" anything -- if you follow the money trail and the shell companies, about 0.0001% of the world truly owns everything.

Company A is owned by B, which is owned by even larger company C which is ultimately owned by mega-global-corporation D. And THAT corporation's largest shareholder is one of the 0.0001% richest people on Earth.

I am talking about the 6,500 richest people on EARTH -- out of 6.5 BILLION people. That number? That 6,500 people? That is:

0.0001%

Yep, three zeros there before that little "1". Those people? Those people control the other 99.999% of the world's population fate with their decisions.
edit on 16-4-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

That is truly injustice.

And the worst part about it is that many of them are dark magicians.

Just listen to Ted Cruz backwards speak.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

That's gotta be hard to figure out how to speak forwards and it make sense when played backwards!

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

We've never really gotten away from Feudalism....it's just been disguised and the name changed.

You make a very valid point.

We are beholden to the land owners (which isn't any of us)... none of us peasants truly own any of the land we purchase and live on. We pay annual rent by way of property taxes for the rest of our home ownership lives.

But the type of feudal system I had envisioned in my head was the extreme form of it (when there was no such thing as the middle class or home ownership at all) that our ancestors lived under back during the medieval times.

With the way things are going, I can totally see the middle class becoming a thing of the past and we all end up going back to working as maids, servants, cooks, and court jesters to our select few overlords.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

That's gotta be hard to figure out how to speak forwards and it make sense when played backwards!

It's such a kind f*** but when you know what it sounds like it's repulsive.

When Ted Cruz starts speaking or Clinton starts using backwards speak I have to turn whatever it is in watching off immediately.

Not with Trump or Sandsrs though they are genuine.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
[Warning, sarcastic rant]

*Typed in thick, drippy sarcasm*

Clearly, those politicians who support this up *really* care about those they are *fighting for*. (if anyone truly believes politicians have the people's best interest at heart, I've a unicorn I'd like to sell you)

Clearly, those those politicians have no interest in the *increased tax revenue* it will bring (payroll alone).

Clearly, those who thought this up and think it's a good idea, have every understanding about how businesses work.

Clearly, the money is going to be absorbed by the businesses and keep the prices the same, offering the same value to the customer.

Clearly, this won't cause businesses to reduce work force. (job loss)

Clearly, this won't cause businesses to reduce number of locations. (will hurt the economy)

Clearly, none of the above will have *any* impact on the prices of goods, services and housing, and will allow that magical $15/hr number to 'fix' everything.

People who work fast food want $15/hr, and most paramedics don't make that, or barely make that per hour and they're saving lives...fast food, saving lives? Not likely.

Fast food has already taken a sharp rise in pricing on the west coast in preparation for this, and some have already started to roll out 'self services' kiosks to order your food from, meaning, yup, just like I said above, it's already looking like job losses are starting. Many stores here have closed locations or are consolidating locations - and they too have had price increases prepping for this *mandate* from the Gov't.

It amazes me how !@#$! stupid people are these days. When we hear about someone we know is a criminal, who's broken the law, whether they serve time or not, most people keep those at arms length and give them extra scrutiny...nobody really trusts them fully. Yet people see how the politicians are acting, and we have proof positive that they have broken laws, repeatedly and yet somehow seem to escape from harsh punishments, from paying taxes, and yet people blindly vote for these types of people over and over again!! They not only do it, and abuse their power, they are getting PAID in more than one way to do it!

Heads up to all those delusional types, minimum wage, was *never* intended to be a *living* wage.

If the economy sucks, we need to help bolster businesses and offer incentives, not punishments. When businesses start to close, I wonder how *awesome* welfare will be to these blow-hard crybabies? Business close, who's going to employ people? What incentives will people have to start businesses that are over-taxed, over-regulated and has the Gov't breathing down their necks trying to run their businesses when they can't even run their own?

Challenge to name ONE thing that the Gov't has *ever* made more efficient, more streamlined, stayed on or under budget, kept projects from stalling or falling behind or being cancelled outright and reduced waste? Go ahead, I'll wait, but I'm not holding my breath. Right, and people think the Gov't can offer actual solutions to problems and give them *more* power. *rolls eyes*

[End sarcastic rant]
edit on 16-4-2016 by BlackboxInquiry because: (changed 'they' to 'Gov't' in last paragraph.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackboxInquiry

Actually I think that these businesses closing will improve the local economy by creating opportunity for a more respectable business to open with higher wages and better customer service.

The people who own these are really the lazy ones they see it as easy money and they don't have to do anything but lay McDonald's for their logo and SOPs.

Poor investment if you ask me I'd rather start bidding on construction jobs and subbing the work out.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

The people who own these are really the lazy ones they see it as easy money and they don't have to do anything but lay McDonald's for their logo and SOPs.

Heh.
You really know nothing about franchises, do you?
McDonald's franchise owners are responsible for the capital investment in the restaurant. They pay for it. They pay the lease for the land (or the cost of buying it). They pay a majority of the the building costs. They pay the operating costs. When McDonald's requires "upgrades" the franchisee foots the bill.

edit on 4/16/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It's a lazy investment if you ask me with a slow rate of return and nothing creative about it and a drain on the local economy.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

It's a lazy investment if you ask me with a slow rate of return and nothing creative about it and a drain on the local economy.

General contractors and their subs would disagree.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Most general contractors I know can make way more money faster putting the money up for commercial jobs and high end residential work and sub everything out.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

McDonald's projects are commercial projects. And can be very profitable, when you understand how McDonald's does things.
I have been the Chief Estimator on a number of McDonald's stores.

edit on 4/16/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

McDonald's projects are commercial projects.

What's that have to do with anything dude what are you talking about you make no sense?

I'm talking about owning a Macdonalds and I personally would never put up the capital in such a thoughtless dead business that requires slave labor in order to exist financing contractors is a totally different business with a higher rate of return.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

What's that have to do with anything dude what are you talking about you make no sense?

I'm talking about owning a Macdonalds

You said this:

McDonald's is not a drain on local economies.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join