It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Says its Wage Hikes Are Improving Service

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Maybe all minimum wage workers (burger flippers, forklift drivers, couriers, department store clerks, assembly line workers, etc) in the US should just say f*** it, quit their jobs, and sit on their ass watching Oprah all day.

They'll make more money that way.

When a welfare cheque pays more than a fulltime minimum wage job does... you know your economy is royally screwed.

Yea.. working minimum wage is depressing when you see people getting as much as your paycheck or more from gov. assistance. For non-disability.

It all boils down to the ultra rich, in my opinion. Capatalism isnt good when it is endless and the rules are controlled by the richest people.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

And then everybody comes onto ATS and bitches and whines wondering why so many people are sitting around on welfare in the US these days.

Because it fricken pays more !

And right after they bitch about that, they jump into another thread bitching and whining and wondering why the economy has gone so far down the toilet.

Because nobody can earn a fricken living wage in the US anymore (except all the Einsteins on ATS of course) to put it back into the economy !

And the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round....

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

It's like those people who blamed the 2008 housing bubble on the home owners. When the sh!t hits the fan, immigrants and poor people are always blamed.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: jacobe001

aftinet.org.au...

Foreign Corporations could sue our governments

The TPP includes rights for foreign corporations to sue governments for millions of dollars in international tribunalsif they can argue that a change in domestic law or policy at national, state or local level will ‘harm’ their investment, known as Investor-State Dispute Settlement (ISDS). The tribunals consist of investment lawyers who are not independent judges but can continue to be practicing lawyers, with obvious conflicts of interest. Australia’s High Court Chief Justice and other legal experts have said that ISDS is not a fair legal system because it has no independent judges, no precedents and no appeals. Increasing numbers of cases against health, environment and even minimum wage laws show that ISDS can undermine democratic rights to regulate. Public health campaigning has resulted a specific TPP clause to exclude future tobacco regulation from ISDS cases. This is a victory and should prevent future cases like the Philip Morris tobacco company case against our plain packaging law. But the need for the specific exclusion of tobacco regulation shows that the general “safeguards” for other public interest laws are weak, similar to clauses in other recent agreements, and will not prevent corporations from bringing cases.

There goes the right of immunity for Sovereign Government - and our politicians also signed on for the Cypress style Bank Bail-ins - even our deposits are not safe from their crony mates in Wall St

And the best part is, the governmental policies are mostly written by corporate lobbyists and passed off to their puppet politicians. So the tax payers get screwed on both ends.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

It's like those people who blamed the 2008 housing bubble on the home owners. When the sh!t hits the fan, immigrants and poor people are always blamed.

Yep, we have 10 Bankers for every Politician and they created the Toxic Derivative Mortgage Bubble and could not sell their instruments fast enough to the next sucker

And I still see some people saying it was the poor people that brought it on.
You can't make this stuff up.

represent.us...

The preferences of the average American appear to have only a miniscule, near-zero, statistically non-significant impact upon public policy.”

One thing that does have an influence? Money. While the opinions of the bottom 90% of income earners in America have a “statistically non-significant impact,” economic elites, business interests, and people who can afford lobbyists still carry major influence.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

It's sad man.

These people think they are better than everyone it grosses me out.

Reminds me of that Johnny Cash song...

Empires of dirt

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I wonder if there was ever a time in America where there were no poor.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What's that mean?

You can't have no poor.

The more balanced the system is the fewer poor people there will be but also the fewer super elite.

we see equal extremes being pulled in both positive and beget ice direction.

Keep in mind that the rubber band can only stretch so far before it snaps.
edit on 4/16/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/16/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Has there ever been a period in the history of the US when there was no one below the poverty line?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I wonder if there was ever a time in America where there were no poor.

I am getting up in my years and do have a good job but I do see the BS for what it is this country is going through.
I remember the propaganda we were fed during the cold war where we should look at the Soviet Union as an example of how bad Communism is where the everyone was poor and the elite at the state level had all the wealth.

The State controlling Big Business or Big Business controlling the state results in the same outcomes.
We are the Soviet Union now where the Crony Capitalists and their puppet politicians have all the wealth while everyone else is getting poorer.

The Middle Class is going away, wages are stagnating for everyone and the top elite are getting richer
They need to be thrown out of the government!

There were always the poor at the bottom end but the current timeline we are on will make everyone poor except the well connected
edit on 16-4-2016 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I agree that the middle class is going away. But here we are, pissing about on the subject of 15 an hour when our politicians and everyone else is ignoring the loss of 80K/year jobs.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I think this has more to do with the improving morale than a 90 cent increase that only affected about 10% of the workforce:

The company also said it would allow those employees to earn up to five days of paid vacation every year following one year of employment.

If you give someone something to work for, they will respond. I wonder if it's grandfathered into employees that have already been working for over a year?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I agree that the middle class is going away. But here we are, pissing about on the subject of 15 an hour when our politicians and everyone else is ignoring the loss of 80K/year jobs.

I agree that 15 an hour wage will not fix anything.
In fact, it will bankrupt small business and give more power to the corporate conglomerates that have the volume to shoulder the costs

The trade pacts need to end and corporate and banking lobbyists need to be thrown out of DC.

I know that is not going to happen though so I support the 15 dollar an hour raise which will hopefully open more eyes on what is going on when it effects them also.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
If a living wage does not get re-established (like minimum wage used to be many many moons ago)...

I smell a new age feudal system coming back into fashion in the very near future.

Interesting times indeed.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Really the problem comes down to Globalists putting their interests over the best interests of this country in violation of the Constitution

Most of the Big Corporations are run by Globalists.
They care not one iota about this country.

But the policies that heralded this come from closed door private meetings the citizens were not privy to
Like the Bilderberg and CFR, which also largely composed of Big Corporate and Banking Heads - Again, where was labor represented in these meetings as required under capitalism?

David Rockefeller:

For more than a century, ideological extremists at either end of the political spectrum have seized upon well-publicized incidents such as my encounter with Castro to attack the Rockefeller family for the inordinate influence they claim we wield over American political and economic institutions. Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure — one world, if you will. If that is the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.

The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
According to the article, the decision to raise wages was made in April 2015, to be effective starting in July 2015. So in one quarter, 3 months, their profit increased? Yeah....NO. McDonalds has been doing many things to increase their sales, food and menu revamps and redecorating and remodeling of their locations. Three months of wage increases isn't the litmus test. It may help in the big picture but there hasn't been enough time to tell. So what about the 4th quarter 2015? And what about the 1st quarter 2016? Time will tell.
edit on 16-4-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

If a living wage does not get re-established (like minimum wage used to be many many moons ago)...

I smell a new age feudal system coming back into fashion in the very near future.

Interesting times indeed.

The Globalists have their police state in place (to protect and to serve was done away with) complete with indoctrination, improved riot gear, armored personal carriers, and many other military "surplus items" to take care of that.

Here is a former military member talking about it:

"Peter Martino is a citizen of the State of New Hampshire. Mr. Martino is a Colonel in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve who has been mobilized three times. During his military career, he commanded an infantry platoon, company, and battalion. He was also the senior U.S. adviser to an Iraqi Army brigade. Mr. Martino has had a successful civilian career providing training, consulting, and program management services to private companies and to state and federal agency contractors. Mr. Martino presently holds a top secret security clearance."

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

So in one quarter, 3 months, their profit increased?

You're reading the article wrong.

The article states that the wage increase improved their customer service scores, it does not state that the wage increases had a direct impact on profit increases during that quarter.

But it goes without saying that, in any business, improved customer service eventually does have an impact on revenue growth (ie: more customers coming back).

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

a reply to: StoutBroux

So in one quarter, 3 months, their profit increased?

But it goes without saying that, in any business, improved customer service eventually does have an impact on revenue growth (ie: more customers coming back).

I agree with this as well
If your customer service entails me talking to someone named Jack from India then I discontinue the service or throw away the products

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Militarizing the police force means preparation for some sort of chaotic future scenario.

Apparently, TPTB are expecting all hell to break loose.

If that doesn't scream red flag, I don't know what does.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join