It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Says its Wage Hikes Are Improving Service

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
PS: People are and should be paid based upon the amount of income they can produce for the company. Fact is...there are many people that aren't even worth minimum wage. That is their problem...no one else. If they aren't worth the money, don't pay them the money. Maybe if some in our society instead of blaming their failures on everyone else, looked in the mirror and realized the problem is with them...they could actually solve the problem that covering it up by paying them more than they are worth.

Business 101 folks.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

You fail to realize that most of these jobs payed 12-15$ an hour and wages were cut.

A friend of mine was a cashier at Albertsons making 16$ an hour for a union until Albertsons decided everyone was worth the state minumum. Same thing with Lowes and Home Depot, 12-15$ an hour for most of their jobs until they got a new CEO and he cut all wages to the minumum.

Sorry your so uneducated.

nypost.com...

www.wsws.org...

Seems to me like the wages were already fairly decent and these slashes have affected 100,000's of workers in California alone siphoning even more money out of local economies in favor of Wall Street and CEO pay.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Overall at Albertson's, sales for 2003 remained flat, at $35.44 billion, while the profits of $556 million translated into a profit margin of just 1.6 percent.

Isn't crazy how a 556 million dollar profit margin isn't enough?

But how could they profit 556 million dollars and it not be enough and who's getting that money?

Can you answer that?

Does only making 556 million justify slashing employee wages?

www.encyclopedia.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
"Albertsons is a company that you might be hearing about these days because of their recently approved acquisition of Safeway. While Albertsons is now a privately-held company, analysts estimate its 2014 revenue at $23 billion and, this year promises to be even more exciting. In 2014, Safeway had $36 billion in revenue and turned a per-share profit of $0.44 on its 230.7 million shares."

I assume you know why people invest in companies? The potential for higher return on their dollar than the bank...making your savings work for you...retirement. Apparently the answer to your question about "how could they profit 556 million dollars and it not be enough" at least in part is due to their investors and stockholders.

So...what to do. Keep the employee's pay higher and rob the stockholders who invested money? And again...I'm sure some of those employees aren't worth what they are paid. At least at Walmart, they have "greaters". Typically an impaired person who probably couldn't get a job anywhere else. They wave and say "hello" and "goodbye". Should they be paid $15 per hour...$31,200.00 per year for their "skills"?

Why do you only support the employee? What about the investors, the owners who took risks to start the company, etc. If you require a stupid level of pay for someone who can do nothing but say "hello" and "goodbye"...how do you expect a company to grow so it can employ more people? How about this...shut them down. Close all the Walmarts that won't pay $15 per hour or whatever. Then you can smile that hundreds of people are making nothing or leeching off the rest of us.

Liberal opinions always have one thing in common. They have an end result that requires destroying business and successful employers. They are the parasites that suck on the host until the host dies. But THAT doesn't matter. Only the Utopian end result matters...and when it proves impossible to achieve and maintain...the liberal shuts up and moves on leaving everyone else to deal with the aftermath. Every time and every plan is short-sighted fantasy.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

That's a great way to kill a lot of people.

I completely agree that raising the minimum wage trades one problem set for another set of problems. But business should be balanced with a little compassion, all the same.

Valuing people simply for their utility? That reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode where Burgess Meredith's character is declared OBSOLETE.

Life isn't so black and white. People arrive in and depart from their circumstances due to complex factors--some, their fault, some not their fault.

The question our current conundrum of too many workers to go around and how much to pay them really asks is this:

WHAT ARE PEOPLE FOR?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

So who plays a more important roll in the companies success and deserves a large share of he profit?

The people actually physically doing the work and satisfying the customers or someone who bought some stock with the click of a button?

By your logic I can assume that the useless people stocking the inventory and actually doing all the ground work are not playing a more important roll in the generation of those profits than shareholders sitting behind a desk in NYC and do not deserve the lions share of the profit?

Meanwhile they don't make enough money to buy stock in the company they make all that money for in the first place.

Their essentially slaves so someone else can get rich and you stand behind this?

Your disgusting.
edit on 4/18/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SisterDelirium

Apparently people are just useless eaters that are here to serve their corporate masters.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

That seems to be the conclusion certain philosophies lead to...yes.

Follow it to the logical conclusion and with all these "good for nothing bums who don't want to better themselves"...the "elite" sound perfectly justified in killing off the excess--as I said earlier.

What I find disturbing is how shockingly normal that way of looking at the world comes off.

Funny how every individual values their own life, but their brother's? Not so much.

When we think about how things are structured, it would be nice if we could answer a few more questions...

How many pennies in a human heartbeat?

What is the monetary value of a mother's love or a friend's loyalty?

How does a kiss, hug, smile, laugh or kind word perform over time in relation to the stock market?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SisterDelirium

These people want to label me entitled and liberal because I think the people who actually work to earn that companies profits deserve a better share of those profits?

It's a freaking joke.

The real entitlement mindset are the investors who think it's ok to take all the profits earned these people at the cost of THEIR LIVES and put it in their pocket because they took money they already earned and invest it into stock for a dividend.

Hell most of these companies don't even have any real risk involved with them think about it.

A risk is when you take your own money and start a business that you have to run and market yourself dumping some money into a stock that's 90% likely to increase in value and pay dividends isn't risky at all I'm tired of these people thinking they are entitled to the lions share of the profits from these companies more so than the people working to make it happen.

I'm so sick of these idiots.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

You're still forgetting 1 MAJOR thing.

No one is forced to work there. It's their choice. People know what the wages are and if they don't, that's their stupid problem for not finding out.

People can always reeducate themselves. They can go do apprenticeships. There's ALWAYS options.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

You point is invalid.

The people doing these jobs deserve a lions share of he profits and it's immoral to profit more from their labor while paying them less than what they need to survive.

Those jobs used to pay better because we loved a society who valued morals and I value morals and you won't change that with your bs economic theory.

That bs economic theory has destroyed our country and the planet we live on so take it and shove it.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

What utter rubbish.

The job is only worth so much before it becomes a non viable business.

Your whole argument is based on what a person is worth, not what the job itself is worth.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Not rubbish I make a coherent and logically driven perspective.

Sorry you don't understand the Bigger picture here.

The world was fine when average people were able to support themselves.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

And they still can. It's called a better job.

McDonald's isn't a career. It's a job. A stopgap. Something for people living at home to earn money and understand the ways of working.

Stop trying to glorify a job that was never and will never be glorious.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Don't feed me that line of crap either.

Anyone who reads my post and reads your post is going to side with me and if they don't they are ignorant selfish and truly the entitled ones.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Some jobs are not worth making a living wage. They are for learning how to work. It's a kid's job.

Let's put this personal opinion that people try to tout as fact to rest.

Why are these jobs that are intended for kids open during school hours? When have they EVER operated ONLY when kids aren't in school?

They never have. Kinda hard to be a job for kids when kids are in school...
edit on 18-4-2016 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Don't feed me that line of crap either.

Anyone who reads my post and reads your post is going to side with me and if they don't they are ignorant selfish and truly the entitled ones.

Now we're getting to the root of it.

If it's not done to satisfy the few then it's wrong and anyone who agrees is wrong too.

I don't care who reads my posts and agrees with me or not.

The point is, no one in their right mind would go work for a fast food chain instead of improving on their education to get a better job.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: Bedlam
Some jobs are not worth making a living wage. They are for learning how to work. It's a kid's job.

Let's put this personal opinion that people try to tout as fact to rest.

Why are these jobs that are intended for kids open during school hours? When have they EVER operated ONLY when kids aren't in school?

They never have. Kinda hard to be a job for kids when kids are in school...

Never heard of college, university or part time school?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Like I said my point of view is well thought out and accurate I'm not budging from it either.

Your not entitled to making the money off of someone's else work just because you don't value the work they do.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Like I said my point of view is well thought out and accurate I'm not budging from it either.

Your not entitled to making the money off of someone's else work just because you don't value the work they do.

Again with the valuing a person.

It's not about how much someone's worth. It's about how much the job is worth before it becomes a non viable business.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join