It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Players So ‘Upset and Distraught’ Over Chants That They ‘Weren’t Able to Finish the Game’

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Don't paint people with a broad brush. I'm black and I don't think Trump is racist. I just think he's a pompous jerk. And I think Demos and Repubs alike are full of crap. I have no love for any of them. How about that? And you need to look up the word "racist".

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: amicktd

Part of growing up is letting offensive things roll off your shoulders

Hmmm...I was taught that part of growing up is standing up and calling BS for what it is...even when it is unpopular in the crowd you are rolling with.

I was never taught that growing up meant sucking it up and staying silent...Different strokes I guess...

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JimiBlack

If you're coming at me with threats then you're not going to love it when you meet me... Does Trump's name traumatize you too or something?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Do we want these girls being hypersensitive their whole freaking life so they can go to college and pass out at the sight of "Trump 2016" written in chalk?

That's not what happened, you can deflect from the actual story all you want. They were yelling build that wall to a group of minorities and everyone that was in attendance agrees it was a sad moment and disgraceful. Plus, in other stories they explain how players on the sidelines were giving direct racist insults to the latino girls. But, I guess if your ok with that then fine. Just shows the type of person you are.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Let things roll off their shoulders?? Really? Tell ya what, call me the n-word and see how it turns out for ya tough guy.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I wasn't threatening you big tough guy. I said what I said and I meant it. I've handled rougher than you...believe it.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimiBlack

Don't paint people with a broad brush. I'm black and I don't think Trump is racist. I just think he's a pompous jerk. And I think Demos and Repubs alike are full of crap. I have no love for any of them. How about that? And you need to look up the word "racist".

I see you're quick to jump on my case in this thread. Trump IS a pompous jerk, and that's exactly what America needs right now. You don't even think Trump is a racist, so my comment didn't refer to you, yet you tried to call me out for painting with a broad brush. I'm not the one that needs to look up the definition of racist, you should direct that to posters like Kayla, who thinks Trump could be the new n-word because his name is synonymous with racism. Would you feel better if I just called them ignorant instead?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

a reply to: Metallicus

“One of the girls was cradled in the arms of one of our assistant coaches for a good 15 to 20 minutes,”

Man, if I was Trump, I'd be ecstatic over how powerful my name has become.

You do realize they were chanting "Trump..Build That Wall!" to HS American Girls who happened to be Latino?

Not sure if your ignorance of that is self-inflicted for convenience or if you failed to read the article?

As far as the "Trump" name...interesting bit...He has refused to release his financial records, but claims he is worth 10 Billion...Those that have invested with him in the past and have gotten a look at his financials have explained that Trump in financial reporting assigns a "net worth" to his actual name "Trump"...somewhere between 8-9 Billion is what he claims his name is worth whilst calculating his net worth.

What do you think the "Trump" names value is going to be after this election? His brand is stained and ruined...apart from KKK paraphernalia, I think the "Trump" Brand has seen a serious decrease in demand.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Man, I don't think you could have grossly over analyzed what "let it roll off your shoulders" means than you did in your response. The article claims they were getting cradled, some for 20 minutes, because they were so traumatized. Are you gonna be traumatized if someone calls you a name or are you gonna let it roll off your shoulders? You can still call it out and should always stand up for yourself, I didn't say that a part of growing up was to lay down and be silent.

By standing your ground, calling BS and letting it roll off your shoulders, you're sucking it up, just so you know. Unless it still bothers you so much that you need a shoulder to cry on.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I only read what was in the OP. "Build a wall" should roll off their shoulders. If there were actual slurs then they should have been ejected.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

The country definitely needs a change, no doubt, but this guy is polarizing this nation to the point where it almost resembles the atmosphere of the civil rights era. Can't roll with a guy like that. Trump eggs this type of behavior on. Never heard a presidential candidate openly talking about how he would like to punch someone in the face. Anyway, I don't support any of them. They are all full of crap

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

The OP says they were yelling "Build a wall."

Also, # your threats, "believe it."

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The article claims they were getting cradled, some for 20 minutes, because they were so traumatized.

1 girl from the entire team did, not the entire team.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Were they illegal aliens? Something tells me they weren't. Thick. Skin.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

As all politicians always are.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Is this article even true? I heard a couple posters say it's just a race bait article.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Is this article even true? I heard a couple posters say it's just a race bait article.

Without any bias it does seem to be a sensationalized to give Trump a bad image, but the incident is real and really happened. Regardless what the media wants to do with the story, these girls shouldn't ever have to deal with that. I have kids at their age, and it eats me up inside knowing kids at their mentality had to go through this.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Son I'm a 46 year old man and I don't do threats. Believe THAT

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
To be affected by such things you would think they are a bunch of 14 year old girls.

........EH......you say they are 14 year old girls.

Well tell them to MAN UP!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
To be affected by such things you would think they are a bunch of 14 year old girls.

........EH......you say they are 14 year old girls.

Well tell them to MAN UP!!!

Touche`

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join