It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Players So ‘Upset and Distraught’ Over Chants That They ‘Weren’t Able to Finish the Game’

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Can I tell you something Tex? If this story is complete bullcrap - it doesn't matter. The reactions to it are all 100% real

We are inundated these days by propaganda. The OP's source is the Blaze - if I remember correctly. What does this tell us?

If we are now at the point where we expect teenage girls to behave like they're in a freaking John Wayne movie because they're athletes and they should expect abuse, what does that say - about all of us?

Nothing is ever wrong? Do we want to live in a society where it's OK to hurl abuses at one another - our responsibilities towards one another are nonexistent? If you get hurt - what do I care - you should toughen up?

Where do we draw the line? Even if we speak only in hypotheticals, right now we are being challenged as a society - all of us together - to decide what kind of people we want to be

I don't care if they were in the middle of a game - I don't care if they are athletes, I don't care if they're over sensitive...

I don't care if these girls don't even really exist except in the imagination of someone at the Blaze that needed one more shot at paving the way for overt racism to be our new standard of acceptability

What I've just learned is that this movement against political correctness is exactly what it looks like - and it isn't here to protect our freedom of speech

We've all been effectively silenced - even while the anti-PC brigade pretends that's it's protecting the rights of everyone

These girls - however accurately or inaccurately this has been reported - are entitled to their feelings and their reactions

Unless we want to now say that they aren't

Tells us all we need to know because Glenn Beck loathes Trump.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: amicktd

In that case, the girls reaction isn't even the story.

Im not sure what we are all doing here. In my case...taking the bait i guess.

Aren't we all.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Lmao. You could have kept that big tough guy. I'm done with you. And I meant what I said. Don't give two #s how big you are. And my posts haven't been off topic. The point is those punks racially attacking girls was a cowardly act and people like that make sure they're "home" or close to it when they do crap like that. And while your boy Trump may not have been there physically, his sentiments sure were. I hate punks and I despise bullies with a passion. Probably would have been a different outcome had those been Latino- American boys. Those punks were COWARDS and so is anyone else that agrees with what they did.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well, FWIW, I believe you.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

And I doubt that if you really talked to or challenged any of that stuff from a different angle, they would hold up the support.

And that is all this race baiting crap story is meant to do.

These two things. I was just having a conversation with a friend over the fence an hour or so ago - about what would our real world neighbors do in a situation where we needed to help each other. We live on a street that pretty much runs the gamut of politics, religion, ethnicity -- whatever...

We optimistically believed all our bias would disappear and we'd do the right thing

Welp, I dunno - this is what I want to believe. It helps me sleep at night. Sometimes TEX, ATS - and the internet? They do not help me sleep at all...

:-)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Well, FWIW, I believe you.

Thanks.

Life is always challenging. How we meet those challenges is what defines us.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Yes, I did say they need to grow up. I've dealt with being called a racial slur too, during a baseball game, when I was 13. I didn't know, when I wrote the last comment you quoted, that they were called racial slurs. I was under the impression they were just being hollered at by some turds in the crowd about Trump's wall. At any rate, the fact still remains, giving those bullies the impression that their # don't bother you is the best defense. I can't put it any more clear to you than that, so if you still don't understand where I'm coming from after sharing the same experience at almost the same age then I have nothing left to say. I can see that others in this thread will understand my sentiment, as they too have experienced it as well.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JimiBlack

Ok, cool.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

If we don't want the racists to win - how about we all tell them to go F*** themselves together instead of making 14 year old girls feel bad for feeling intimidated?

The biggest eff you that you can give to a bully is ignoring them.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah - well - I'm not the Buddha

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Spira, there is a reason I have my fair share of guns. And carry one with me all the time.

And if TSHTF, you are welcome to give me a shout.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Yep, they're free to do so. Just as I'm free to turn around and ask them if it's ok to call them **insert proper racial epithet** for the rest of the game.

I know the exact response I'd get, too. Then I ask, why do you think it's OK then to call those girls out there **insert proper racial epithet**?

What's good for the goose, is good for the gander.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Mixed emotions Tex

Laughing here - whatever will the pacifists do when TSHTF?

But thank you kindly

The best I can do is offer you and yours some tea - but you're welcome to it

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Neither am I. Most of the time my first impulse would be to cave in their faces but I know that is exactly what they want; a reaction and a rise out of me.

edit on 14-4-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

There have been times in my life where I have deliberately infringed upon the rights of others to express themselves.

I have punched a nose or two simply for comments made. I could have taken the high road, I could have defended their rights, but I am human and governed by emotions on occasion.

It's always easy to sit in the comforts of our homes and pontificate on the rights of the individual.

I am guilty of that.

But if it needed to be said, I am far from perfect.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Oh yes. I know exactly what you mean.

I'm nothing even resembling perfect. I come fully equipped with a full set of foibles, which I've been known to let run rampant...

All I can ever do is try really hard to be the best I can be. Usually come up short, but the glory isn't in the victory, it's in the trying.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Neither am I. Most of the time my first impulse would be to cave in their faces but I know that is exactly what they want; a reaction and a rise out of me.

This... Give them that and they've done their job.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Mixed emotions Tex

Laughing here - whatever will the pacifists do when TSHTF?

But thank you kindly

The best I can do is offer you and yours some tea - but you're welcome to it

In Texas tea (the real tea, served over ice with lemon...not what those Brits sip on while eating crumpets) is only trumped by "coldbeer" (said just like that, with no space in the middle).

Not to be confused with "Texas Tea", which is crude oil. Off topic....i've been having crude seep into the sub basement beneath my place of work.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This about sums up this situation.

edit on 14-4-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

No you didn't! ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm saving that one fasho!

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join