It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Players So ‘Upset and Distraught’ Over Chants That They ‘Weren’t Able to Finish the Game’

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Ok, while I do agree, that these girls shouldn't be listening to idiots on the sidelines, I want to know where the damn adults were while this was going on?

Why weren't they stopped? Why did nobody make them leave?

Are we now afraid to stand up to mouthy kids?

if anyone does stand up to them the punishment is usuallly a slap on the wrist. they should all get forced to start the year over. that will give them time to think before they speak.
edit on 14-4-2016 by JourneymanWelder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

I wish I could laugh at it, but this idea is becoming reality. We're about to forget what real racism looks like.

“People who have racist viewpoints have been able to successfully use ‘Trump’ as a code-phrase for derogatory, racist statements,” said Joe Enriquez Henry, the National Vice President of the Midwest Region for the League of United Latin Citizens.

www.nydailynews.com... /national/racist-chants-yelled-wis-high-school-girls-soccer-game-article-1.2595511

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

That's so true... How did we raise such hypersensitive people?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Not gonna be a popular opinion, but....

....educators are typically compiled out of graduates from liberal arts programs. The Sciences are logic dominated. Liberal arts are feeling dominated, with much more abstraction in the thinking.

This is who ended up running our schools.

Add to that the Charlotte Iserbyte story (Reagan colluded with Russia to "dumb down" our students through ineffective education). Take it for what you will...but she DID work in the US Dept of Education in the early 80's under Reagan, and left almost immediately to start blowing the whistle. Personally, knowing some folks who were in the TEA back in the 80's....i believe her 100%.

Education is dominated by the liberal arts. Not the sciences. And this is reflected in the educators and administrators.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
After reading this thread I feel sorry for the girls and glad I don't live in America.

This was racism directed at kids. Quit victim blaming. If people did that this side of the pond they'd be banned for life, the club fined and potentially facing criminal charges. Kids shouldn't have to take racist abuse on the chin and it shouldn't be allowed in sports or anywhere else in civil society.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
After reading this thread I feel sorry for the girls and glad I don't live in America.

This was racism directed at kids. Quit victim blaming. If people did that this side of the pond they'd be banned for life, the club fined and potentially facing criminal charges. Kids shouldn't have to take racist abuse on the chin and it shouldn't be allowed in sports or anywhere else in civil society.

Puhleeze.

I've seen what the UK has to say about your new muslim neighbors. We all have an ugly big toe and would rather hide it. But at least be truthful about your own when criticizing mine.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
If this display is what passes for racism in America, I'll take it.

It's a far cry from burning churches, lynching people, and denying rights.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
shaming these young kids for having feelings is lame dude

they aren't professionals

edit on 14-4-2016 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This whole thing reeks of BS and Special snowflake syndrome.
Lol how again is saying "Trump 2016", or "build a wall" even considered racist? That really needs to be explained.
These girls need to wake up and realize there in the real world. This shows that Society is falling apart if saying "Trump 2016" is being seen as a racist remark, compared to real racist remarks that could be said. Then again what should I expect from those indoctrinated in political correctness.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: KaibaTheJedi
This whole thing reeks of BS and Special snowflake syndrome.
Lol how again is saying "Trump 2016", or "build a wall" even considered racist? That really needs to be explained.
These girls need to wake up and realize there in the real world. This shows that Society is falling apart if saying "Trump 2016" is being seen as a racist remark, compared to real racist remarks that could be said. Then again what should I expect from those indoctrinated in political correctness.

it doesn't need to be explained, its in the article.
edit on 14-4-2016 by syrinx high priest because: I can't spell

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

ref should have asked them to leave the field !

coach should have demanded they stay on the field and play to the final whistle

they better get used to it in europe they fling coins and bananas for racial slurs and monkey chants !

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: KaibaTheJedi

Let's see if I can explain it in a way you can understand:

Trump says he wants to build a wall to keep the Mexican rapists and murderers, i.e., the "scum of Mexico" out. By yelling "build that wall", the chanters are saying to the Latino girls that they think the girls are scum and should be kept out. In other words, "we don't like your kind and don't want you in our country". Which is stupid because these girls are not even illegal immigrants - but racism doesn't make a whole lot of sense anyway.

Like I said before, Trump has made statements that have attracted the racists of America. So when racists want to make derogatory statements, they just use something from Trump's campaign to send the message.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82
Indeed, but the reaction of the authorities is not "just get used to it".
There are objections. There is an on-going anti-racism campaign, backed by EUFA, AND by professional players.

Referees were given the power to abandon matches in the event of anti-racist chanting in stadiums.

The referee should first demand over the public address system that fans' racist behaviour should stop.
The next step is to suspend the match for up to 10 minutes with the teams sent to the dressing room. If that does not work, the game should be abandoned.

edit on 15-4-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

That's so true... How did we raise such hypersensitive people?

That about sums it up...Some people look at this story of elementary-school girls gleefully chanting racist garbage from the sidelines without an adult willing to intervene and blame the victim for being upset...

"How did we raise such hypersensitive people?"???

vs.

"How did we raise such ignorant and intolerant children?"

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

So i construe this post as one of two ways:

- its pure hyperbole meant to paint this as something it isn't (as Wisconsin isn't the south)
- Its just more evidence that Obama has set race relations in the US back by at least a full generation

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

In Shreveport, which has some of the worst schools in Louisiana besides New Orleans, several teachers were slapped on the wrist for giving students grades that they didn't earn, just so the students could graduate, and so the teachers could look like they were doing a good job. That's a big problem. I find it odd that America's graduation rates are at an all time high, yet the math and reading efficiency in America is at an all time low.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Since when?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: KaibaTheJedi

If Trump is traumatizing, I wonder how they'd handle racial slurs. I hope they experience it before they're released into the real world.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

What do you think of Will Quigg endorsing Hillary? How did she bring him out? I'd say he probably knows her more personally than normal people. If any big name can be synonymous with racism, it's Clinton.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

They were 14 to 18, not 5. You're overreaching. Your KKK reference doesn't make sense, and furthermore, blacks back then didn't drop down and cower and need coddling at the sound of "KKK" being uttered out of someones mouth. They were a whole hell of a lot stronger and their skin was a whole hell of a lot thicker back then than these prissies these days.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join