It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Players So ‘Upset and Distraught’ Over Chants That They ‘Weren’t Able to Finish the Game’

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

I didn't say Trump was a racist. I said his name is synonymous with racism. He does say crazy things that have attracted racists. Racists find it really easy to use some of his quotes to slur groups of people they don't like. Build a wall to keep out Hispanic rapists and murders is one of those quotes.

You know damn well those chanting students weren't just trying to communicate their love for Trump to those Latino girls. There was a specific message they were giving to them. A racist message. They weren't using any quotes from Bernie Sanders to send that message. They weren't using any quotes from Hillary Clinton to send that message. They were using a quote from Trump's campaign to send that message.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

They need to grow up at some point.

Does growing up mean that we should never be affected by things that are wrong?

Or - are there no wrong things?

Or - are there things you want to be able to say and do - and other people's emotions or reactions are inconvenient to all of that?

Grow up you say? How about showing a little integrity, having the balls to call out things you believe are wrong (unless you don't actually believe they're wrong) and quit trying to make punching bags out of people by calling them victims then treating them like they've somehow let you down

People don't owe you a response you approve of. People do not owe you one goddamed thing

Grow up you say? Cowards and whiners all

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: amicktd

Is this article even true? I heard a couple posters say it's just a race bait article.

Without any bias it does seem to be a sensationalized to give Trump a bad image, but the incident is real and really happened. Regardless what the media wants to do with the story, these girls shouldn't ever have to deal with that. I have kids at their age, and it eats me up inside knowing kids at their mentality had to go through this.

Right. But where are the officials of the game? They have the authority to eject anyone. Where are the school officials? They have the right to eject anyone, and take punitive action against students. Before they called the game, did anyone try to eject the rabble rousers? Did any officials do their damned job and maintain order so that the game can continue?

If they did, then why were police not called to arrest people who were not following a lawful request to leave the premises? And why was the league president not contacted to weigh in on the situation? If they didn't, then why not? is it common for people to just fold like a cheap suit when faced with adversity?

As someone who has played sports I cannot fathom how in the world the game ends up not being finished without having a whole slew of people arrested for disorderly conduct. which means one thing: whether this happened or not, we have such an incomplete story that I can only believe it is meant to manipulate public opinion towards the authors bias.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I dunno Spira....i was an all state athlete in multiple sports, and I have no context to understand what is happening here. How the game was not completed, and the girls not shown how to stand up for themselves lawfully and rightously....baffles me.

Yes, the girls are delicate children. But the coaches and officials did nothing to put the game back on track? And aren't fired over it?

i just don't buy it.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I guess, of everyone in this thread, that'd be me.

I don't support WHAT they said, but I do support the freedom to say it.

To me that is not advocating that they do this, only that it is within their right to act like jerkoffs. Which I also agree with.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
My concern is the current social tendency towards policing or condemning speech.

Once we start, it will indeed be a slippery slope that we will have a hard time reversing.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
Almost everyone

It's implied in the comments about how these girls were not tough enough to take the abuse

To me that is not even remotely close to the same thing.

I seriously doubt everyone would be making these kinds of toughen up chickadee comments if they'd actually been there themselves

Some of us have been there and my opinion is if you do not want to let racists win, do not show them that their words affect you.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JimiBlack

Look man, you came at me telling me you'd love to meet me "and not in a good way." I simply told you that if you came at me with threats, you would not love to meet me. I don't care that you're 46, I don't care that you're under the impression that you've had rougher than me. I'm 6'2, 255 pounds, 37 years old and very capable of holding my own so none of what you're telling me is amounting to crap. And now, because you won't shut up about the # that you started, you're making us both sound and look like 12 year olds in middle school that are arguing over who has the biggest pecker. Go ahead and get your last word in so we can drop it before our posts start getting deleted for off topic drift.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Is there anyone here who has never said or written anything that might be construed as offensive to anyone else ever?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I didn't say Trump was a racist. I said his name is synonymous with racism. He does say crazy things that have attracted racists. Racists find it really easy to use some of his quotes to slur groups of people they don't like. Build a wall to keep out Hispanic rapists and murders is one of those quotes.

You know damn well those chanting students weren't just trying to communicate their love for Trump to those Latino girls. There was a specific message they were giving to them. A racist message. They weren't using any quotes from Bernie Sanders to send that message. They weren't using any quotes from Hillary Clinton to send that message. They were using a quote from Trump's campaign to send that message.

You left out a key word in your statement. Illegal.

This is nothing more than kids being kids. If anything, they were calling these girls illegal, which obviously they weren't. They were being picked on. If it was true, or that bad, they would have been kicked out.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: amicktd

originally posted by: LSU0408

Is this article even true? I heard a couple posters say it's just a race bait article.

Without any bias it does seem to be a sensationalized to give Trump a bad image, but the incident is real and really happened. Regardless what the media wants to do with the story, these girls shouldn't ever have to deal with that. I have kids at their age, and it eats me up inside knowing kids at their mentality had to go through this.

Right. But where are the officials of the game? They have the authority to eject anyone. Where are the school officials? They have the right to eject anyone, and take punitive action against students. Before they called the game, did anyone try to eject the rabble rousers? Did any officials do their damned job and maintain order so that the game can continue?

If they did, then why were police not called to arrest people who were not following a lawful request to leave the premises? And why was the league president not contacted to weigh in on the situation? If they didn't, then why not? is it common for people to just fold like a cheap suit when faced with adversity?

As someone who has played sports I cannot fathom how in the world the game ends up not being finished without having a whole slew of people arrested for disorderly conduct. which means one thing: whether this happened or not, we have such an incomplete story that I can only believe it is meant to manipulate public opinion towards the authors bias.

There are numerous sources with pretty much the exact same story written over and over. Google is your friend. Like I said earlier to another poster. Yes, I feel it was sensationalized to affect Trump, but I highly doubt they are sensationalizing the racism that happened at that game.
edit on 14-4-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Can I tell you something Tex? If this story is complete bullcrap - it doesn't matter. The reactions to it are all 100% real

We are inundated these days by propaganda. The OP's source is the Blaze - if I remember correctly. What does this tell us?

If we are now at the point where we expect teenage girls to behave like they're in a freaking John Wayne movie because they're athletes and they should expect abuse, what does that say - about all of us?

Nothing is ever wrong? Do we want to live in a society where it's OK to hurl abuses at one another - our responsibilities towards one another are nonexistent? If you get hurt - what do I care - you should toughen up?

Where do we draw the line? Even if we speak only in hypotheticals, right now we are being challenged as a society - all of us together - to decide what kind of people we want to be

I don't care if they were in the middle of a game - I don't care if they are athletes, I don't care if they're over sensitive...

I don't care if these girls don't even really exist except in the imagination of someone at the Blaze that needed one more shot at paving the way for overt racism to be our new standard of acceptability

What I've just learned is that this movement against political correctness is exactly what it looks like - and it isn't here to protect our freedom of speech

We've all been effectively silenced - even while the anti-PC brigade pretends that's it's protecting the rights of everyone

These girls - however accurately or inaccurately this has been reported - are entitled to their feelings and their reactions

Unless we want to now say that they aren't

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

In that case, the girls reaction isn't even the story.

Im not sure what we are all doing here. In my case...taking the bait i guess.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Some of us have been there and my opinion is if you do not want to let racists win, do not show them that their words affect you.

We're not all the same. I don't see any reason why we should all be the same

If we don't want the racists to win - how about we all tell them to go F*** themselves together instead of making 14 year old girls feel bad for feeling intimidated?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Yeah, you don't go get coddled and cradled after getting your feelings hurt or getting knocked down. Showing that it doesn't bother you will get back at the aggressor more than anything else. You took my comment so far out of context that I'm not going to bother responding to the rest of what you said. But I'll share one of my many experiences if you feel like hearing it.

Back when I played Dixie League baseball, we played a team from Ewell Park, an all black team. They razzed us, called us names, racial slurs, and laughed at us the whole time we played. I'm talking about the players that did all of that. I was playing 3rd base and one of my teammates overthrew the ball so when I jumped to catch it, I didn't jump high enough. I could hear them in the dugout laughing and saying "Ah hahaha, stupid ass white boy, don't you know crackers can't jump!"

After that inning was over, our coaches told us to shake it all off and don't let it bother us, get them back by beating them on the field and leave it on the field when we're done. I learned a lot that day about letting stuff roll off my shoulders and not being bothered by it. That's all I'm saying that those girls should have done. Shake all the BS off and don't let those punks on the sidelines get to you.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Well...except peoples reaction here is just internet cowboy hyperbole. And I doubt that if you really talked to or challenged any of that stuff from a different angle, they would hold up the support.

Its easy to paint yourself into a corner.
And that is all this race baiting crap story is meant to do. Instead of a story about the inaction of a sports governing body and school, we are arguing about freaking Donald Trump and little girls.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

We're not all the same. I don't see any reason why we should all be the same

If we don't want the racists to win - how about we all tell them to go F*** themselves together instead of making 14 year old girls feel bad for feeling intimidated?

Indeed.

Why did the people in charge of that game not maintain the order that is needed for these kids to participate?

Locally we have seen entire families banned in the past for shouting this kind of nonsense at games. The folks who can't act civilized get removed from the equation so the rest of us can enjoy our time.
edit on 4/14/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

My concern is the current social tendency towards policing or condemning speech. Once we start, it will indeed be a slippery slope that we will have a hard time reversing.

Save it for someone that believes you

In this thread - I've seen grown men (and a few women) condemning teenage girls for their behavior

You want to try and explain the difference sport?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Some might call your post offensive.

As for people believing me? What I write isn't predicated on whether or not you believe me.

Sport.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Almost everyone

It's implied in the comments about how these girls were not tough enough to take the abuse

To me that is not even remotely close to the same thing.

I seriously doubt everyone would be making these kinds of toughen up chickadee comments if they'd actually been there themselves

Exactly! Racists, bullies, people that just like to pick on other people...

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

They razzed us, called us names, racial slurs, and laughed at us the whole time we played. I'm talking about the players that did all of that. I was playing 3rd base and one of my teammates overthrew the ball so when I jumped to catch it, I didn't jump high enough. I could hear them in the dugout laughing and saying "Ah hahaha, stupid ass white boy, don't you know crackers can't jump!"

Do you think that experience is the same thing as what happened to these girls from the stands?

If you want to pretend you don't understand what I'm saying - that's up to you

You were the one that told them to just grow up. In case you forgot what you said earlier:

I have no pity for those stupid ass girls and I hope they stay traumatized by hearing Trump's name. Traumatizing people in the name of Trump is going to become the newest widespread game. We can call it the new knockout game except for this one, you just walk past a college student, or younger, and scream "TRUMP!"

Maybe you're not capable of understanding what people were saying to those teenage girls?

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join