It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Players So ‘Upset and Distraught’ Over Chants That They ‘Weren’t Able to Finish the Game’

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Nope, return independence...get it right; )

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I've been at football matches where the crowd was singing songs about how Gary Neville allegedly likes to sodomise his mum, where another part of the crowd thinks that Steven Gerrard's wife was having it away with her coke dealer and that 96 of the opposing fans dying was not enough.
The list goes on, there are few depths the moronic herd wont sink to in order to get a reaction.
That said, a lot of the same people singing these songs or chuckling as others sing them, take their kids to play in Sunday league matches and, while things can get a bit heated on the sidelines, anything even approaching what was chanted at these kids would not only be frowned on, I'm willing to bet it would be met with violence too.

I don't care whether you have some intellectual ideal of free speech, some things you just don't do or accept. This falls into that category.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

**RP time

Some fellers back in the day came over here with their fancy tea and wigs (?) and tried to tell us about our independence. We gave em the what for and showed em the pointy end and they decided we were pretty independent after all. So I get yer wink, and I know just what yer talking about.

a reply to: SprocketUK

Funny thing about other countries laws, you either talk about them on message boards or you bomb them until they change them.
edit on 4/13/2016 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Agreed, written constitution or not...it wouldn't have happened in Britain.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

By George you guys won this round then. Good show. Ring the Daily and let them know they can go to print. Gonna be a bang up at the local tonight mates!

Just giving you a ribbing guys. I know I must sound really stupid, fooled every single American here though that I knew exactly what I was saying. Ga run teee.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Just another notch in the belt of the ongoing pu**ification of America.

Besides, the vast majority of Americans know that Soccer isn't even a REAL sport.

edit on 13-4-2016 by MteWamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

edit on 4.14.2016 by Kandinsky because: No f-bombs as per the T&Cs

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
What? First hand experience of a country which apparently supports shouting racist abuse at school games?
Lame.

Who in this thread is supporting that behavior?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: grainofsand
What? First hand experience of a country which apparently supports shouting racist abuse at school games?
Lame.

I guess, of everyone in this thread, that'd be me.

I don't support WHAT they said, but I do support the freedom to say it.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I can agree with that.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Sorry but what those morons were doing had absolutely NOTHING to do with. " getting inside their heads" and you know it. Let's be real. You know and I know what they were chanting didn't have a damn thing to do with the game. That crap was totally uncalled for and people that do this sort of thing do it where they know they have "the home field advantage". It wasn't like this was friggin hockey game with grown men. This was a GIRL'S soccer game. What the hell were these girl's supposed to do? Suck it up, huh? Wait until the shoe is on the other foot.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

That may very well be, but remember, with freedom of speech comes responsibility, accountability, and in some cases, consequences and repercussions. Kinda like having the "freedom" to yell "fire" in a crowded theatre.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Looks like quite a few, Augustus!

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimiBlack

That may very well be, but remember, with freedom of speech comes responsibility, accountability, and in some cases, consequences and repercussions. Kinda like having the "freedom" to yell "fire" in a crowded theatre.

That's fine. I never said we should be free to only say smart, educational things.

But if we start shutting down people who say stupid things, I'll probably be one of the first to be silenced.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

So I am torn on this one because the people that would use racial slurs and chants are clearly a-holes, but the reaction of the girls is equally shameful.

Equally shameful?

Your scales are off I think - but it was necessary for them to be equally shameful - in order for you to make your point

Which is?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Almost everyone

It's implied in the comments about how these girls were not tough enough to take the abuse

I think many people in this thread were thinking these girls should have, in the moment - played out the fantasies of too many WWII movies - with some after school flicks thrown in for good measure

I seriously doubt everyone would be making these kinds of toughen up chickadee comments if they'd actually been there themselves

Everyone is so afraid of being PC these days that they can't even show some common decency without putting an equal amount of blame on the girls

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

And if you say the wrong thing to the wrong person and get knocked out, wake the eff up. See how that works?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

What were they suppose to do, jump in the stands and start punching people in the faces.

Many...many years ago I was at a HS Hockey game...and standing beside a group of idiots that were drunk and shouting all types of crap at one of the hockey players for the entire game. When the final buzzer went off that hockey player skated over, exited the rink and had words with one of the loudmouths...some idiot in the stands decided to slug the player...and skates and all that player beat the hell out of 4 or 5 guys in the stands....complete with pulling shirts over their heads and slapping them around...not to cheer violence, but it was pretty awesome to watch...think twice before heckling a hockey player! Words have consequences.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

You have idiot racist bigots and crybaby players. People these days have no idea how to handle adversity.

Just to give you some context to ponder...

So far the "idiot racist bigots" identified include...Two High-School boys (predictable)...and THREE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL GIRLS..who were chanting "Trump, Build That Wall" at the Latino players...

That there is crazy...cuz their parents had to be around and apparently were Ok with it...since no one stopped them?

That is a trip back to the 40's and 50's with grade-school little white girls proudly chanting racist crap at people..

I also find it a little gross that you feel it appropriate to lecture these Latino-AMERICAN girls on how they should toughen up and accept ...ahem..."adversity"?...how about some sick-ass racist nonsense being boldly chanted from the sidelines by school-children and no adults putting a stop to it? No...No-one should be expected to suck-it-up and accept that.

Your attitude of demanding minorities "get used to it" is part of the problem..
edit on 14-4-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I wish I could give you a THOUSAND stars! Very well said!!

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join