It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DISGUSTING! Colorado Trump Delegates Scratched From Ballots at GOP Convention

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Then why are you not saying that Cruz just bought it? Why the double standard?

What did Cruz buy?

Again, it appears what happened in Colorado was that Trump's campaign screwed-up the delegate voting pamphlets they handed out to their delegates. Trump's delegates were voting for the wrong people.

You are using the MSM talking point of blaming Trumps campaign. You are so blinded by your hate of Trump you think it is ok for the common man/woman not to vote or have a say.

I'm blinded by nothing whatsoever. Show me some proof that Cruz actually had a hand in this fiasco and I will put blame where blame is due. Apparently there is proof that Trump's pamphlets were incorrect. Perhaps you are blinded by your love for Trump and must fall for the "It's Cruz's fault" line.

So far it seems that Trump's campaign screwed-up royally and they are trying to blame Cruz.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Ok. Fine.

What does this have to do with what happened to Trump? It does not appear that the rules are what screwed him in Colorado. It was his lack of organization.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Ok. Fine.

What does this have to do with what happened to Trump? It does not appear that the rules are what screwed him in Colorado. It was his lack of organization.

Forget whether Trump screwed up on his understanding of the rules. It's a distraction.

The main story is that the GOP removed the direct link between the Colorado citizen's vote and the nominee. Reading through some of the reports on the reasons, it would appear they did it to make it harder for an outsider to win delegates because Colorado had previously been a problem for them.

It's not even directly linked to #stoptrump because they did it only a couple of months after he announced he was running.
It's a move to help elect who they want, not who the people want. That is something to be angry about regardless of who it effects.

Cruz is just the beneficiary this time round. Given that the GOP set up the entire election process with Cruz in mind (to stop him) I highly doubt Cruz would have a single delegate in Colorado if Trump was not in the race and it was Cruz against the establishment pick.
edit on 11/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Reading through some of the reports on the reasons, it would appear they did it to make it harder for an outsider to win delegates because Colorado had previously been a problem for them.

It would definitely be the reason they did it but their party, their rules. People are forgetting that if you register with a private organization you need to observe their rules. Or try to change them from within.

But that ain't happening.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Reading through some of the reports on the reasons, it would appear they did it to make it harder for an outsider to win delegates because Colorado had previously been a problem for them.

It would definitely be the reason they did it but their party, their rules. People are forgetting that if you register with a private organization you need to observe their rules. Or try to change them from within.

But that ain't happening.

This is a good point - and we have something similar in the UK... we don't pick a party leader, only vote for what we are given.

That said - it's more than dishonest to have a year of elections, putting people through the process as a facade and spending hundreds of millions in the process. If they want to choose the nominee then let them do it.

You know why i think they DON'T do that? Because the illusion of voting for a Republican or Democrat as nominee holds down the independent vote. If America really wakes up they will reject both parties and vote for an independent.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

So you are blaming the loss in Colorado on a typo on a Sample ballot? C'mon. that may have affected the one that is in question but not the whole state.

Trumps campaign is exposing and blaming the system, not laying it all on Cruz. Hell, he has even come out and said what is happening to Sanders to wrong also.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Forget whether Trump screwed up on his understanding of the rules. It's a distraction.

Oh, of course. Let's forget about what really happened because facts are a distraction.

Are we also going to forget that if Trump had not screwed-up he would of been able to get his delegates voted in...making this a non-issue..

It's a move to help elect who they want, not who the people want. That is something to be angry about regardless of who it effects.

Then be angry. I don't give a damn. It's their party, their rules. If Trump can't get his campaign organized enough to play by their rules, then he gets what he deserves. Or perhaps he should run for a different party altogether.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

So you are blaming the loss in Colorado on a typo on a Sample ballot? C'mon. that may have affected the one that is in question but not the whole state.

The one "in question" is what I am talking about. You and others can preach about how the party is screwing your man, but in this case your man screwed himself.

Anything else you may have an issue with, take it up with the GOP. It's your party, not mine.

Trumps campaign is exposing and blaming the system, not laying it all on Cruz. Hell, he has even come out and said what is happening to Sanders to wrong also.

They are not exposing anything. Anyone that has paid attention to politics over the years knows how messed-up the system is.

What's funny is that no one seems to care until their golden boy jumps in the race. Now it's a massive conspiracy and the system is suppressing their candidate. Even if Trump was not doing well in the race, I think many people would whine and cry about "the system".

edit on 11-4-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

You are right that Trump is exposing the way the system works like no other campaign has done. The sham is now out in the open at least. When Sanders and Trump are pushed out through private party rules, perhaps the people will finally realise they have to vote independent. It could actually be a viable route this time around.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

They keep moving the goal post is what most are complaining about. they cant even stick to their own rules this cycle it seems. Its A blatamt show to th eordinary people your vote does not count. Mebbe trump needs to just BUY th e delegates or find dirt on all coming up ones and use that as leverage. Alls fair in delegate approrpiation anyway right?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Check out this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Even though Trump is complaining about the process, he is benefiting from it.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I just did and have commented there on how you have misunderstood the entire issue.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

We the people ARENT benfitting though. Were being screwed.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Then change the system. Quit voting for candidates connected to corrupt parties.

Trump is part of that corrupt party and is benefiting from their rules, regardless of how people think otherwise.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Then change the system. Quit voting for candidates connected to corrupt parties.

Trump is part of that corrupt party and is benefiting from their rules, regardless of how people think otherwise.

I have tried my best to educate you on the system, but you can only lead a horse to water, you can't make it drink , sigh.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

We cannot change the system. That is the point. We are bound by these people who are not for the good of all. This is not about Trump anymore. It is about the entire political system in the US.

This is the first time in a general election that a candidate has truly pointed out the corruption instead of just playing along. You hate Trump so you do not care but you should.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

We cannot change the system. That is the point. We are bound by these people who are not for the good of all. This is not about Trump anymore. It is about the entire political system in the US.

This is the first time in a general election that a candidate has truly pointed out the corruption instead of just playing along. You hate Trump so you do not care but you should.

Sometimes it's not possible to get people to see the real issue, no matter how much information or tools you give them to help.
It's a sad state of affairs when Trump is blamed for the GOP taking away the people's vote.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I have tried my best to educate you on the system, but you can only lead a horse to water, you can't make it drink , sigh.

The only education I have received is one in which ignorance is superseded by arrogance.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
So let me get this straight. No popular vote in CO, but Cruz collects all the delegates. Yet most sheeple believe we live in a democracy (really it's a republic) and think they have a say in picking a POTUS. I point to 2000 where Gore won the popular vote, yet they installed Dubya based on hanging chads. TPTB install who they want.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I'm part of the political process in the US and I am not bound by any party rules on my vote. If you don't want to play by their rules, don't.

But if you do play their game, don't bitch about the rules they have in place.

That is what is happening here. A bunch of people are acting like little bitches because they lost in a rigged game, yet were not smart enough to not play in the first place.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join