It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DISGUSTING! Colorado Trump Delegates Scratched From Ballots at GOP Convention

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

edit on 11-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: UKTruth
Who is Camacho Dorito

Trump. His orange-skinned ass should be in a sequel to Idiocracy.

Now, this is not a general election of course and the parties can choose who they want, but I think it's healthy that the American public wake up to the fact that in a two party system (effectively) if BOTH parties choose who they want, then ultimately the establishment can easily subvert the will of the people.

Primaries are a relatively new thing, they never had a say before that. If the people do not want their will subverted they would not vote for either party.

OK, that's pretty childish, really.

Wasn't the first GOP primary in the 1930's? Not sure of that.

The problem with not voting for either party is that it doesn't fix the problem. Passive acceptance is not a solution to the dangers of establishment elite choosing both candidates on offer.

Even third party's are not suitable as they don't seem to be able to get effective ballot access. Write ins maybe, but the coordination state to state and among large voting population is problematic.

No, the solution is not just ignoring it. It is in fact exactly what Trump is doing - shining a light on the problem.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Basically if he even winks at the Gay Rights, we're not paying Federal Taxes. We want a Conservative President. We're also not joking and the only people that have told the Feds to #### off at all.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Now, this is not a general election of course and the parties can choose who they want, but I think it's healthy that the American public wake up to the fact that in a two party system (effectively) if BOTH parties choose who they want, then ultimately the establishment can easily subvert the will of the people.

Primaries are a relatively new thing, they never had a say before that. If the people do not want their will subverted they would not vote for either party.

Exactly. That is the point I'm trying to drive home.

The only reason this is an issue is because of sheer ignorance on Trump and his supporters.

People have no right to complain when they don't even know what the hell is going on.

Trump is highlighting to millions what is going on. He deserves great credit for that. Those who passively accept things they disagree with will have someone stand up for what they believe in and hopefully gain some courage from it. That's a key sign of leadership and Trump is exhibiting it in spades.
edit on 11/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

Basically if he even winks at the Gay Rights, we're not paying Federal Taxes. We want a Conservative President. We're also not joking and the only people that have told the Feds to #### off at all.

Well Cruz will probably be your man then - he associates with preachers who tells his followers to go out and kill gays.
edit on 11/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Texas is already in our corner. It's war indeed.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Not really sudden outrage. It is just that the curtain is pulled back.

Sure some of you will say "of course it has always been like this". If that is the case, why are we all not rioting in the streets? Because in the past there was a candidate that the Right or Left could get behind.

Now, the GOP has Trump and Cruz. Neither are well received by the GOP but the voting base has spoken.

Trump has effectively exposed the corruption and instead of being thanked he is being blamed. WTF is that?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Trump has effectively exposed the corruption and instead of being thanked he is being blamed. WTF is that?

Trump is not exposing corruption. He is floundering in his own buffoonery, trying to blame Cruz, and his supporters are twisting this around to make their dear Trump look like some hero.

The cognitive dissonance is breathtaking.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Meh, I have said much worse.

It was not a widespread practice until the 1970's. Even in the 1960''s only 12 used this system.

The problem with not voting for either party is that it doesn't fix the problem. Passive acceptance is not a solution to the dangers of establishment elite choosing both candidates on offer.

Which is why you vote for neither one. You do not have to be a Republican or Democrat to win Electoral Votes, you just need broad national appeal.

Even third party's are not suitable as they don't seem to be able to get effective ballot access.

It is not as insurmountable as people make it out to be.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I do not see either party's systems as corrupt, they make rules and they publish them. It is their ball. If you want to play with it you need to follow their rules.

Petty? Yes. Corrupt? No.

edit on 11-4-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he is not a religious nutter

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Meh, I have said much worse.

It was not a widespread practice until the 1970's. Even in the 1960''s only 12 used this system.

Which is why you vote for neither one. You do not have to be a Republican or Democrat to win Electoral Votes, you just need broad national appeal.

Even third party's are not suitable as they don't seem to be able to get effective ballot access.

It is not as insurmountable as people make it out to be.

I was looking through the 3rd party runs this year - I don't think any are on 50 ballots. I think the most is thirty something.

Pretty tough to win that way. I'd really like there to be a viable 3rd party run - getting out and voting for such a run is the action people should take if they want to defeat the two party closed process (assuming the third party actually has some viable policies - looking at the current crop it's a struggle to spot one!)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I do not see either party's systems as corrupt, they make rules and they publish them. It is their ball. If you want to play with it you need to follow their rules.

Petty? Yes. Corrupt? No.

Maybe not corrupt... although 'petty' is probably underplaying the issue.
I would say ' for themselves and their donors' as opposed to 'for the people'.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I was looking through the 3rd party runs this year - I don't think any are on 50 ballots. I think the most is thirty something.

The issue is most of them have no grassroots efforts, if a true Third Party candidate ran and excited the citizenry enough they could call on many to assist with the state and local paperwork. The infrastructure is not there like it is with the two major parties but it can be done.

Pretty tough to win that way. I'd really like there to be a viable 3rd party run - getting out and voting for such a run is the action people should take if they want to defeat the two party closed process (assuming the third party actually has some viable policies - looking at the current crop it's a struggle to spot one!)

None of them has a shot, they are all unknowns to the majority of Americans.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Maybe not corrupt... although 'petty' is probably underplaying the issue.
I would say ' for themselves and their donors' as opposed to 'for the people'.

Fair enough, but people need to put away their shocked faces when this transpires.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: UMayBRite!
They would sooner destroy the Republican party than let Trump be the nominee.

The Republican party should have unwound in the same second they nominated John McCain. They had a second chance with Mitt Romney.

Look back to what Perot managed: Almost 20% of the vote. I can't believe a loser like Donal Trump is doing as well as he is. Only goes to show how far politicians have fallen in general ... and how ticked off the American voter has become after 8 years of 0bama.

Sadly, it ain't gonna change without a full-on Revolution. Popcorn?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Vote on whether Colorado was fair

Currently 89% of c7k respondents think its unfair.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
No one in their right effing mind would vote Cruz in Colorado, this is simple people.

The party delegates sure did.

Now to investigate them for accepting money o r other stuff to get them to flip back. Each delegate should be sent a Voluntary notice to appear for lie detector testing to verify they were not offered anything for their support.

If they refuse their names are publcily displayed fro all colorodo people to contact them and ask them why they voted against their wishes.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
If they refuse their names are publcily displayed fro all colorodo people to contact them and ask them why they voted against their wishes.

How did they vote against anyone's wishes in Colorado? No one voted.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

How did they vote against anyone's wishes in Colorado? No one voted.

Which pisses off alot of people i am quite sure. Isn tthere a poll saying something like 87 percent think its unfair?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Which pisses off alot of people i am quite sure. Isn tthere a poll saying something like 87 percent think its unfair?

I guess that 87% needs to get involved with local Republican politics then and change their state laws.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join