It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rudi Giuliani is voting for Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

A whole bunch of NE citizens, the Republican party, in general, and those that see an effective, pragmatic political representative sees Trump as a solution...that's who.

I don't know that this is much of a thing to be honest. Trump was already going to pummel Cruz in NY. Considering that Trump is a New Yorker and that Cruz insulted New Yorkers to pander to Iowans.

As far as national implications, the popularity of Giuliani has waned considerably since its peak. The reality is that just months before 9/11, Giuliani's approval rating among his constituents had fallen to an all time low in the mid-30's. Then 9/11 happened and there was an outpouring of support for NYC and Giuliani was there, on TV saying the right things and finding a rebirth as "America's Mayor."

quick aside here:

He quickly tried to use this new found popularity to have his term extended by 90 days and then kicked around the idea of trying to raise support for rolling back the very term limits he'd supported in the 90's so that he could run for a 3rd term. That's exactly the sort of scenario that would normally have the average ATSer in conspiratorial fits! It's right up there with the ever popular speculation that the President might use a terrorist attack as justification for imposing martial law and suspending elections.

back to national implications:

In the years since, he's managed to erode away much of the good will from the people who wouldn't already support Trump with a series of outrageous and often racially charged statements. The upshot here is that he's popular among the same people that already heavily favor Trump so it's unlikely that his support will sway many peoples' decisions.

I leave you with this gem. Giuliani in drag being fondled by Donald Trump at the 2000 Mayor's Inner Circle Press Roast:

edit on 2016-4-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Racist fascist supports racist fascist?

Who would've thought that this would happen?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander
Racist fascist supports racist fascist?

Who would've thought that this would happen?

Apparently, only you.....

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I don't disagree that the national implications are moot.

Rudi still draws water in the republican ranks, however, and unless N.Y. is a winner take all state, every delegate vote counts in the nomination. A huge win for Trump doesn't enhance Cruz either.

The real point of thread isn't national implications, not much point at this stage, it's the unification, to some degree, within the Republican party and base.

A step in the right direction, IMO.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Giuliani has pulled the perfect political move. He says he is voting for Trump but, not endorsing him because he will not be campaigning for him. He says he does not agree with all of Trump's ideas but, some of them. This way he stays in good the GOP voters in NY without angering the rest of the nation in case he ever wants a national office. He can be cornered on endorsing Trump, just saying he would vote for him. And anything they ask about one of Trumps crazy ideas he gets to say, I said I did not agree with all of them. Now that is a true politician.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Naa, nobody listens to Giuliani.

He got 5 votes when he ran

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Perhaps, yet what candidate ever achieves agreement with voters or fellow politicians on every issue? None.

I will take it.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: nwtrucker
Add in that G.M., following in Ford's footsteps, has announced plans to build an assembly plant in China for a Cadillac line and we might see the U.A.W. endorsing Trump as well. LOL.

So, just to try and comprehend your logic... you think that voting for a billionaire business man, who's only concern is the bottom dollar, is a proactive way to keep manufacturing jobs in America?

I've heard this sorry perspective before.

have you ever run a business?

I involved in helping my father run a construction business for two years and we constantly ran into the problem of finding American workers who were willing to work for the wages we could afford while maintaining enough of a profit margin to make our investment worth it.

We did everything we could to have as many American workers as we could but at the end of the day we did what we had to stay afloat.

Do you know why it works that way?

Because other contractors who only use illegal labor are able to bid lower than us on jobs because they were able to complete the job with lower overhead due to the labor cost.

At the end of the day we couldn't compete and stay honest without hiring illegal labor.

You see how that works?

Please no more ignorant statements.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Add in that G.M., following in Ford's footsteps, has announced plans to build an assembly plant in China for a Cadillac line and we might see the U.A.W. endorsing Trump as well. LOL.

So, just to try and comprehend your logic... you think that voting for a billionaire business man, who's only concern is the bottom dollar, is a proactive way to keep manufacturing jobs in America?

I've heard this sorry perspective before.

have you ever run a business?

I involved in helping my father run a construction business for two years and we constantly ran into the problem of finding American workers who were willing to work for the wages we could afford while maintaining enough of a profit margin to make our investment worth it.

We did everything we could to have as many American workers as we could but at the end of the day we did what we had to stay afloat.

Do you know why it works that way?

Because other contractors who only use illegal labor are able to bid lower than us on jobs because they were able to complete the job with lower overhead due to the labor cost.

At the end of the day we couldn't compete and stay honest without hiring illegal labor.

You see how that works?

Please no more ignorant statements.

This is spot on.

The problem with a lot of people that have never had a job is they mistake pragmatism for evil and logic for lack of compassion.

You need to do what you need to do to keep your business competitive and it is the system that is broken not small business.

Fix the illegal problem and you fix a lot of problems with this economy.
edit on 2016/4/9 by Metallicus because: Readability Update

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It's the same thing in production as well.

Companies can't maintain enough of a margin for their investors so they move overseas.

It's a serious problem and Trump knows this because he actually runs a business.
edit on 4/9/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a lizard who eats people would vote for trump.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason

What does that even mean?!

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason

What does that even mean?!

Makes no sense like what most people think when they form opinions on candidates.

Sanders and Trump are he only two people with any merit.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Here is the breakdown....

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Perhaps, yet what candidate ever achieves agreement with voters or fellow politicians on every issue? None.

I will take it.

Of course he will take it. Trump is in no position to spur any support no matter how half-hearted. That is a no brainer. What is impressive is Giuliani's political deftness. He was able to find a way to make NY GOP Trump supporters happy. At the same time being aware of Trumps terrible national numbers, avoids angering the masses with an actual endorsements and campaigning. He saw a political river full of rocks and managed to sail through it with out getting sunk. Much better than Christie's looking like he just shot his dog endorsement or Carson's endorsement followed by subtly insulting Trump at every opportunity since.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Pull it!

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Text

Perhaps. Giuliani might have made a good President. As far as the rest, for a guy so sure that trump is done, the republicans have no chance, post after post, you continue to post on the subject.

Methinks he doth protest too much....

edit on 9-4-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

rudy is a reptilian shapeshifter that eats people. louis CK proved it
edit on 9-4-2016 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Yes.
Of course i am not answering for nwtrucker, just the correct answer to that question.

Government is a business, not a free clinic.

The better they can sustain "we the people" the better and stronger the country.

Wasting money with bad decisions and deals are not the ways to prosperity for the population.

What's better/more sustainable, 28% tax from 4 companies or 45% from 1 company?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Text

Perhaps. Giuliani might have made a good President. As far as the rest, for a guy so sure that trump is done, the republicans have no chance, post after post, you continue to post on the subject.

Methinks he doth protest too much....

I follow politics. I find it fascinating if not mostly predictable. What I state are facts and the reality on the ground and then speculate as to how candidates and parties will deal with things. Trump to have a chance would have to completely abandon his base. Turn his back on every almost every promise and policy he has come up with and hope people forget everything he did and said during the primaries. He would have to bury his own base that has gotten himself this far and completely turn on them. Now he could do that and it could work. Anything is possible. However both instances would be very unlikely. Cruz would have to do the same. A moderate the GOP sticks in at the convention would not have the baggage of Trump or Cruz but, he would have to some how cater to the base and the center at the same time. And that never works.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join