It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina Loses 400 Jobs as PayPal Pulls Facility over ‘Bathroom Bill’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

If a heterosexual man goes into the bathroom with your daughter and starts molesting her, that is against the law. It always has been. Just like shooting innocent people with guns is already against the law. We don't need to ban guns for innocent gun owners, and we don't need to ban innocent transgender people from using the restroom that matches their identified gender.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
a reply to: snowspirit

What percentage of people in this state are "trans gendered" or rather have "gender dysphoria"? It's got to me a tiny percentage. Why must everyone go along with this for such a minuscule number of mentally ill people?

Whether or not someone believes that they're mentally ill or not is a different subject.
I think that if a man used to be a woman, but is now a manly looking man, I think they should use the men's room. Even if they were not born men. It's less awkward. They can go into a stall to pee if there's nothing down there to hang out...
If the person is now a feminine female (male to female), use the women's room.
No one will know the difference post trans.

This new law says the opposite, making it awkward for all.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I don't. Did you even read what I said?

Good grief, the whole point is that we need to rally around issues that really do threaten humanity rather than getting into such a fuss over sexuality or identity politics in general.

Actually, yes, I've been to pride parades, gay bookstores, etc. etc. I've been a lot of places and met a lot of different people. My kids went to a class the other night that was taught by a very nice woman in transition. I don't really care how people identify. I just care about getting along and getting things done.

This political nonsense fails on both points, and that's what annoys me.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
There was a post operative trans being interviewed on CNN the other day

Why? That's like me telegraphing I'm carrying a concealed firearm.

Why do these people always have to show off.

Just go to the bathroom for crying out loud.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: snowspirit
There was a post operative trans being interviewed on CNN the other day

Why? That's like me telegraphing I'm carrying a concealed firearm.

Just go to the bathroom for crying out loud.

Agreed. Especially when no one would ever know! There's doors on every stall

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Common sense, more or less.

I will say, I don't think religious groups should be forced to hold ceremonies. That's just going out of the way to step on toes.

But, I don't really care about the cakes. If you're in the cake business, just bake a cake. Baking a cake isn't an endorsement of anything. If a neo-nazi wants a swastika cake, bake that, too. If Big Foot wanders in and asks for a swamp cake frosted with puke green icing, and somehow has money to pay, bake the cake and take the money. Cake Wrecks is littered with vagina and penis cakes--bakers are obviously not THAT discerning about cake content. You don't have to agree with someone to take their money. It's just a stupid cake. You don't have to put it in your portfolio if you don't like, but you're stupid if you don't want to do business.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

How do I tell the difference?

In a NYC bathroom things happen. I am not risking it.

Just go to the bathroom your junk is designed for.

Stop making a fuss about it.

And you know what, if you have a penis, operated or not, use a mens room. No one is checking at the door. Same for vaginas and womens rooms.

If you can deal with that indignity, I can move on.

edit on 4 5 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

In a Raleigh North Carolina Church things can happen......

SIX YEAR OLD RAPED AT CHURCH!!!!!

abc11.com...
edit on 5-4-2016 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

The difference being your not being beaten to death or abused for carrying a firearm. Being from Texas there are lots of showmanship issues around open carry.

It would be great if people stopped discriminating against sexuality and gender. It would be nice to move in to other issues.

Until I recently moved to SC fr Texas I was a judo and wrestling coach and did after school antibullying programs and self defense. I have plenty of stories for you of why the issues still need awareness.
edit on 5-4-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Then we should ban all guns, because I don't want to risk getting shot in a movie theater, a shopping mall, or while I'm driving my car.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Maybe in your state.

See if the majority agree.

If not accept the community you live in. Or move.

Stop trying to force people to think like you.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I just know that it seems to be a costly law.

And this is how big business controls the world.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

originally posted by: JDmOKI
This is a Status Quo law making it so the genitalia you have at birth corresponds to the bathroom you use. period

Refer back a post.

And we'll ask the same of you.

Would you feel comfortable sending your 6 year old girl in the bathroom with Buck Angel?

Who sends a 6 year old girl into the bathroom alone?

her daddy.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Do you know that transgender females have been attacked when going into the men's room? Many of them are truly afraid to go in there.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SisterDelirium
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's not a cause of widespread bloodshed in the US. Gay marriage is legal. People are free to wear whatever they like, more or less. This isn't true in other places, but we're not talking about other places. We're talking about SC, which is in the USA--not in some African nation where trans people can be killed for being different.

A country that guarantees freedom from oppression.

Garbage like this political dust-up over bathrooms does nothing to help anyone. It's just a way of avoiding real work while manipulating their constituents into thinking they're "fighting the good fight". The whole thing is such a non-issue that it's almost farcical.

So transgendered aren't "anyone" huh? If it's a non-issue, then why is it such a problem letting them go pee in the bathroom they feel comfortable in?

And as others have pointed out: how many trans people are in SC? What exactly are these politicians envisioning? An invading army of drag queens marching on the public toilets?

I try not to look into the minds of ignorant and hyperbolic politicians. It helps my sanity.

I don't make a habit of asking people what gender they **really** are when I'm in the bathroom. Although, I did have the misfortune of having to clean public restrooms late at night, once. I was busy cleaning the gents, but the ladies was done. A guy came in wanting to use the restroom while I was trying to clean (mop water all over) and I told him to go use the ladies because it was done and no one was in there. He was very upset by this, but I didn't want someone cracking their head open or getting into industrial cleaner just because their finer sensibilities required a picture of a boy on their restroom door.

I actually am in favor of doing away with urinals, or at least enclosing them a bit better and doing away with gender specific bathrooms altogether. Unisex is the best. After all, we are all separated by stalls anyways.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Exactly. Since you either bring her into a men's room or you get arrested for going into a womens room. Which is why many places are including unisex bathrooms. I have two girls myself.

How about a wheelchair bound opposite sex family member who needs help?

Unisex bathrooms are an easy solution to new building codes and can be retrofitted in many circumstances.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

My daughter was attacked in a parochial school bathroom by an older child. In a school that claimed to enforce "Safe Environment Training"...

Point being: sexual assault happens. It's definitely an issue that needs to be addressed, but I'm not sure how this law would do any good. There are a lot of factors that contribute to sexual assault, but what gender is marked on a birth certificate doesn't really have a lot of relevance to that topic.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Why did Rosa Parks have to show off about not sitting at the back of the bus? Why did MLK have to show off about racial discrimination and prejudice? You get my point.

Research, compiled from 2010 census data and other government records show ballpark numbers of 100,000 to 136,000 people have legally changed their gender which grossly underestimates the number of natal female transgender persons and those simply and quietly living as the gender opposite of their sex assigned at birth.

When a minority has been oppressed, suppressed, legislated against and erased from history who do you think is going to stand up for them? It sure as hell isn't going to be the straight white patriarchy.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

There is not a pandemic of transgender attacks in bathrooms. So they are a minority.

More concerted efforts are not needed. Respecting that your community is or is not receptive to you is basic. Move. Or stay the minority.

This is the real world.

Also forcing the issue on people not ready will make more problems for you.

Use common sense.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
when you think about it the public restrooms and public showers have always caused problems, at least in schools...
girls didn't want to change clothes because they didn't want to be teased to death because they were developing faster or slower that the others, and well, how many were beaten by their classmates in the bathrooms. what about those gangs of kids that always met in them for a smoke?

and who thought it such a wise idea to force teenage girls, or are really quite sensitive about their bodies, to shower in those showers? clearly no one really was that concerned with their privacy rights!!
I have often said that I think that many of the issues that motivated the LGBT group into action had their root in an attempt to try to removed rights from people to begin with!!!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join