It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina Loses 400 Jobs as PayPal Pulls Facility over ‘Bathroom Bill’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Hardly alike.

Forcing people to have other sexes in bathrooms separated by gender is wrong. Not because it is, but because we have always thought the two should be separate when dropping bottoms.

The sign says man or woman and thats what people expect.

This would only make sense if we didnt make that distincton. We do.

I dont want vaginas in my room and they dont want peni in their room.

No one is checking birth certificates. Stop making an issue out of nothing.

It makes the rest see the whole subject as trivial, and to some it is not....so I am saying this is all counter productive.

edit on 4 5 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

There is not a "pandemic" of attacks of any kind in bathrooms. So I guess you worrying about your daughter going into the bathroom with a bad guy is silly.

We are talking about America, where every law-abiding individual has rights. Doesn't matter what state it is - if someone is being treated unfairly and discriminated against, it goes against our Constitution.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

You do understand laws are made to protect minorities from majorities right? Or is it OK to beat up black people in a white predominant community? Or run Jews out of town in a Christian community.

Your arguement is a poor one.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yet there is a real danger where kids undress in front of adults attracted to their gender for them to be molested.

I will not let a man be alone with my daughter in the bathroom. If she is, I will tell her to treat him like a rapist and F him up. Maybe he can cry about gender violence after. I wonder how often that happens for this simple reason.

No one is risking themselves over this mess.

Sorry. Common sense and the real world.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Yet there is a real danger where kids undress in front of adults attracted to their gender for them to be molested.

I will not let a man be alone with my daughter in the bathroom. If she is, I will tell her to treat him like a rapist and F him up. Maybe he can cry about gender violence after. I wonder how often that happens for this simple reason.

Show an example of this being a widespread problem, and then maybe you'll have a point. Right now, you appear to be heavily speculating based on fear and ignorance though.
edit on 5-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

No laws are made to reflect the will of the majority of people living under the law.

You have no idea how basic laws for a society work.

In THE US we have the bill of rights that MOST agreed on and ratified...

Minorities such as the 1%, law enforcement, or jewish rasta cultists are not legally protected with special consideration UNLESS THE MAJORITY of the people agree they should be.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I have two girls and never have worried about this. Why? Because I don't let them go into any bathroom alone. Plenty of female psychopaths, psychotics, pedaphiles, and lunatics out there.

However if there was a unisex bathroom I wouldn't feel so weird bringing my daughter's to the restroom.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

And there is just as real a danger for a transgender female who looks more like a girl than a guy getting assaulted in the men's room. Their safety is just as important as your daughter's safety. Not less important, equally important.

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

A country that guarantees freedom from oppression.

I'm not sure how oppressive this really is, as it can't realistically be enforced. Unless they're carding everyone who enters a bathroom...a truly monumental waste of time.

So transgendered aren't "anyone" huh? If it's a non-issue, then why is it such a problem letting them go pee in the bathroom they feel comfortable in?

I'm not stopping anyone and probably couldn't tell the difference, anyway. I mean, unless someone is wearing a neon t-shirt proclaiming "I USED TO BE A GUY!!!"...I probably wouldn't notice. Actually, I probably wouldn't notice that, either. There's really only one thing I use a restroom for...ok, maybe two things, actually. Of course they're people. I don't really understand the interest in swapping genders, but that's none of my business. I'd think it would swap one set of problems for another, in the long run. And I'm not sure how that would work in terms of dating, because of the obvious lack of biological ability to do what that gender does (that is to say, if you weren't born a woman, you won't be giving birth). Not my body parts and not my call, though. It's someone else's journey and they'll have to manage that as they see fit.

I try not to look into the minds of ignorant and hyperbolic politicians. It helps my sanity.

Probably for the best...

I actually am in favor of doing away with urinals, or at least enclosing them a bit better and doing away with gender specific bathrooms altogether. Unisex is the best. After all, we are all separated by stalls anyways.

Having had the misfortune of cleaning restrooms for a brief time in my life, I agree. Urinals are the devil's own invention. I don't see the point, anyway, the floor drain and tiles seemed to be doing most of the job, anyway.
Blech.

When my kids were younger, I took them to the "Family Restroom" in search of safer/cleaner places--wherever available. Change it to Unisex and Family Restroom...or just go with single-occupant. Problem solved.
edit on 5-4-2016 by SisterDelirium because: (no reason given)

link   

I stand by the door if my wife is not around.

My daughter knows to scream and I will come in.

Or to run out. No kids under my watch go alone.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Thats a weak argument.

How are transgender SAFER for being allowed to pee in one room or another?

Forcing the issue is going to get their asses kicked by parents less worldy than I or people uncomfortable with them now stuck with them while being uncomfirtable.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Ha. Nicetry. Not even close.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Your the ignorant ine here. You don't understand the amendments, the civil rights era, or freedom of religion all minority based laws.

Also this law in NC is in direct conflict with federal law already existing. In other words. It isn't a law at all and wi be thrown out by a federal court in the next couple weeks/months.
edit on 5-4-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I stand by the door if my wife is not around.

My daughter knows to scream and I will come in.

Or to run out. No kids under my watch go alone.

And that is a very good idea. You can and should do that regardless of whether or not there is a law allowing transgender people in the bathroom of their choice. That law should make no difference to you.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
www.detroitnewstime.com...

Where would this thing go?

Maybe we need to install private litter boxes.

The ladies room, as she defines herself as female.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Thats great as long as she doesn't get hit over the head or her mouth covered. I am a judo coach and I don't let my kids go alone until they are big enough to protect themselves. There are pervs in every sex in every sexual persuation.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija
You get my point.

No ... not really. Maybe I'm just no good at Politically Correct. Rosa Parks and MLK weren't showing off their 'blackness'. They were complaining about inequality. If I choose to walk around in a wetsuit smeared in s# ... I expect to be discriminated against. And, I'm pretty sure there's no law against walking around in a wetsuit smeared in s#.

If I walk around in a wetsuit, people are gonna look at me weird. If I sit next to someone in church wearing the same wetsuit, people might scooch away from me a bit. If I act out while wearing the wetsuit in church ... people would be right stomping my ever-lovin-guts-up-outta-my-throat.

When a minority has been oppressed, suppressed, legislated against and erased from history who do you think is going to stand up for them?

LGBTers aren't a "minority". If they are, can I claim minority status for being the only Snarl on ATS? Where does minority end and co-opting a moniker begin? What is a 'minority' after all? When there are more blacks than whites ... do ya really think whites are gonna acquire some special status?
edit on 542016 by Snarl because: format correction

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

True, but thats why it takes being attentive to details and thinking spartan.

I hear most things happening arpund me. Its a learned skill.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
these N. Car. pols need to travel more....IT'S A TOILET FOR GOD'S SAKES!!!.....a function EVERY human has to do many times a day....grow up N.C. join the rest of the adult world.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Show an example of this being a widespread problem, and then maybe you'll have a point. Right now, you appear to be heavily speculating based on fear and ignorance though.

Actually, toilet security is a UN Women's Rights issue.

As toilet security for women has emerged as an important global issue, discussed by UNWomen, UN-Water, the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees, and many others, one of the consistent recommendations is separate facilities for men and women. A UNWomen-sponsored report from Nepal urges the government to “maintai[n] separate toilets for men and women.”

The OHCR notes that “Separate toilets at school . . . mean more girls are likely to attend in the first place, and more girls are likely to say after puberty to complete their education . . . Women and girls place higher value on the need for a private toilet than men.” UN-Water urges separate facilities for men and women, noting this “does more to protect against violence than facilities lacking such conditions.”

It's ironic that while the world is still struggling to step forward in the area of safely gender divided bathrooms and advocates for it, we in the US are fighting so hard to take a big step backward.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

And there is just as real a danger for a transgender female who looks more like a girl than a guy getting assaulted in the men's room. Their safety is just as important as your daughter's safety. Not less important, equally important.

Which actually happens far more than people's special snowflakes being raped in bathrooms.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join