It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina Loses 400 Jobs as PayPal Pulls Facility over ‘Bathroom Bill’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: dawnstar

Why? Is this transgendered person going to be walking into the bathroom with her skirt around her ankles or something? Or do women just naturally peer over stalls at each other so they know if they should be terrified of a pervert peeing in the stall next to them?

The transgendered she's speaking of that used to be a woman, is now a very manly looking man. But born a woman, he is supposed to be using the ladies room now, unless his birth certificate has been changed as well

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Krazysh0t
the person was a she, but now looks very much like a male!! to be more specific, I think I've seen some in the hell's angels looking less intimidating! that is why!!!

Ok. Well I DO frequent male bathrooms and I can tell you for a fact that men typically don't go about peering at each others equipment to make sure there aren't any perverts among their midst.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Regarding parades, I get that it's an effort to celebrate the LGBT position and struggle.

The prayer rallies to counter, for example, gay pride in a St. Patrick's Day Parade, celebrate the values of the opposing side.

I'm just tired of the divisiveness surrounding sexual preference and sexual activity. And there are much bigger fish to fry in this country and beyond. I just wish people would put down their Our Lady of Guadalupe banners and/or rainbow flags for a bit and work together to pull the world out of the morass it's in.

The world isn't going to come to an end over who's having sex with whom this week.

It might, if we don't figure out solutions to real existential threats to humanity like: pollution, war, disease, famine, etc.

We need to start rallying around our shared human predicament rather than getting all wrapped around the axel about silly sexual non-issues.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SisterDelirium

I play trombone in a marching band that marched in the gay pride parade last year.

When we turned the corner and saw Westboro Baptist Church we started to play "Let it go" from Disney's Frozen.

Was priceless.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
wonder what about those who are biologically both sexes? usually the parents decide early on what sex they are, but well... they are still biologically both sexes, they just had the surgeries necessary to appear to be one or the other... much like some of the gay community....
they are either neither male or female, or they are both...

That's very rare and is a birth defect. You guys are trying to turn birth defects and mental illness in to pawns for your political agenda.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

No, I'm not. I'm trying to say that sexuality really isn't that pressing of a topic considering all of the other things going on in the world. It's not that important in the long run who is doing what to whom or why in their bedrooms... or for that matter, who decides to wear a skirt and long hair.

I'm also pointing out that the silly divisiveness over identity politics in this country is out of hand. If we don't set aside these extremely petty differences, we're f***ed.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

There have been more senators arrested in bathrooms for sexual misconduct than there has ever been transgender people. There are 255 cities and 17 states that have laws that allow a transgender person to use the bathroom consistent with their gender identity and no rise of incidents or arrests have been reported or identified.

Quoted for Truth!!!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Maybe to you, but some people take it VERY seriously and it has and is currently the cause for much bloodshed, pain, and suffering in the world. So you may not like it, but it isn't hurting you so you are perfectly free to just ignore it.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
...unless his birth certificate has been changed as well

Here's the thing with that - 9 states do not require proof of sex reassignment surgery to obtain a birth certificate matching their gender identity or as I like to say that matches who they are as people so the law completely fails in that respect.

Furthermore, several states will not change or amend a birth certificate even if a person has had SRS so in that case, you're going to have women with vaginas in the men's room if following the letter of the law.

In the case of female-to-male trans persons, genital or "bottom" surgery is less satisfactory than for those going the other direction and many transgender men do not undergo this procedure.

That means when I go to the bathroom, in North Carolina, these guys are going to be in there.

There goes the argument that men will dress up as women to go in the women's bathroom claiming to be transgender women. Now they don't have to go to all the trouble. Just stay dressed up as men and claim to be transgender men following the letter of the law.

Stupid.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

Anything that trolls that group isn't all bad.

FYI, I'm not against parades or prayer rallies... my concern is just the divided nature of people in our society right now. Stuff like this bathroom nonsense and everyone having to have their group "identity" validated. Be who you are and happy with whatever that is. Live and let live. But, for pity's sake, we all need to hold our elected official's feet to the flames and make them address some REAL issues for once.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Thats the thing about state rights. Whats good for California may not be good for NC.

Welcome to the freedom of the US.

Where you can choose where to live. Where no one state or group of states can bully one or other states to do something they dont want to.

I dont care where people potty, but I know most do.

So I choose to respect their choices.

NC loses some money....oh well.

Just money. At least they get to live in greater freedom to decide for themselves. Thats priceless.

Stop bullying people into doing what you want in their house.

I dont like the entertainment industry. I boycott now.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I agree. People need to get over it and bake a wedding cake for a gay couple just like they would for anyone else, they need to sign off on a marriage license for a gay couple just like they do for everyone else, and they need to let people use the restroom of their identified gender, and they need to stop trying to pass laws that let people discriminate against the LGBTQ community. Then all this hubbub will simply go away, and we won't have to deal with it anymore.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

What percentage of people in this state are "trans gendered" or rather have "gender dysphoria"? It's got to me a tiny percentage. Why must everyone go along with this for such a minuscule number of mentally ill people?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Ok, but if my daughter walks into a bathroom, and a man walks in behind her, I will go in too. And I will say screw the law, I am a man, but since this guy is in there with my daughter, and the world is the world we live in, I am there to make sure he isnt a weirdo.

Sorry. Real world.

If my daughter is in the bathroom and a man goes in, I will tell her to treat him like a danger and if he even talks to her while in there, to stab him in the jug or the eye. Issue bathroom knives or bathroom mace.

Not risking our safety until the world is safe and not the real and dangerous world it is.

edit on 4 5 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

no, I am just a really curious person who would like to know how they are planning to handle that one...
your side on the other hand, appears to want to legally force this person:

i.imgur.com...

into the lady's restroom, since well, that person was born a women!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SisterDelirium
a reply to: Annee

I'm tired of the people who throw whole parades to celebrate where they stick it.

I'm tired of the people who organize prayer rallies about where they stick it.

Is your entire being about where you stick it?

"Polite society" forced a minority to live on the fringes and develop their own culture.

Now that they can't be killed or jailed they are emerging from the shadows and publicly embracing that culture. Which they should and have every right to do.

Ever been to a pride parade? They are not the extreme few the media focuses on and loops 24 hours a day.

There are a lot of families at these events.

But, be sure to define yourself, family, job, hobbies, etc by where you stick it.

-------------------

And yes the religious are the worst about diminishing a person down to a sex act.

edit on 5-4-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Laws are to protect minorities. Or have you never encountered this philosophy before. Obviously the majority doesn't not require laws to protect themselves.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

It's not a cause of widespread bloodshed in the US. Gay marriage is legal. People are free to wear whatever they like, more or less. This isn't true in other places, but we're not talking about other places. We're talking about SC, which is in the USA--not in some African nation where trans people can be killed for being different.

Garbage like this political dust-up over bathrooms does nothing to help anyone. It's just a way of avoiding real work while manipulating their constituents into thinking they're "fighting the good fight". The whole thing is such a non-issue that it's almost farcical.

And as others have pointed out: how many trans people are in SC? What exactly are these politicians envisioning? An invading army of drag queens marching on the public toilets?

I don't make a habit of asking people what gender they **really** are when I'm in the bathroom. Although, I did have the misfortune of having to clean public restrooms late at night, once. I was busy cleaning the gents, but the ladies was done. A guy came in wanting to use the restroom while I was trying to clean (mop water all over) and I told him to go use the ladies because it was done and no one was in there. He was very upset by this, but I didn't want someone cracking their head open or getting into industrial cleaner just because their finer sensibilities required a picture of a boy on their restroom door.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

That's exactly what this law will do.

A transgendered man has a Penis now but according to the law "she" has to follow your special snowflake into the woman's restroom.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
www.detroitnewstime.com...

Where would this thing go?

Maybe we need to install private litter boxes.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join