It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina Loses 400 Jobs as PayPal Pulls Facility over ‘Bathroom Bill’

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: Freija

Hardly alike.

Forcing people to have other sexes in bathrooms separated by gender is wrong. Not because it is, but because we have always thought the two should be separate when dropping bottoms.

The sign says man or woman and thats what people expect.

This would only make sense if we didnt make that distincton. We do.

This is reductive reasoning. Are you your penis? Is your mother, wife, sister or daughter just a vagina? Things happen to be a little more complicated and nuanced when making the distinction between physical sex and psychological/emotional gender.

You are basing your assumptions on the notion that transgender girls/women are men. They are not. I keep saying the same things over and over in these threads and posting the same information and pictures but let me ask this question: If these were your daughters, what bathroom are you going to want them to be able to use?

Imagine if your child was transgender and had been fully accepted and living as a girl since kindergarten or the first grade and is now in high school. Just for a second imagine how damaging and dangerous it is for them to now be forced to use the boy's bathroom in school. I don't even want to think about the harm these laws are causing our youth.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Sure but psychopaths are really smart, really good planners.

My point being trans laws have nothing to do with your ability to be a safe parent.

If anything having a unisex bathroom allows you to take your daughter in there and it's probably a single stall.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

You are not going to change the nature of law. This is not a monarchy where a minority makes laws over the vast majority.

Do you realize this is a DEMOCRACY where we decide based on consensus?

We have just chosen to protect minorities as a whole through those things you cite.

Racism was also the norm for a while and laws reflected such.

We have grown since then.

Maybe we will accept these laws down the road when we are ready AND the world allows us to be ready.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

How are transgender SAFER for being allowed to pee in one room or another?

Forcing the issue is going to get their asses kicked by parents less worldy than I or people uncomfortable with them now stuck with them while being uncomfirtable.

Because most times, you aren't really going to be able to tell the difference between a woman born that way from birth and a transgender woman, just by looking at them go into the bathroom.

I met a woman the other day who was tall, well-muscled, broad shouldered, and strong-jawed. She was a weight lifter. She "could" have been a transgender female, but she wasn't. I know this because she described giving birth to her two kids.
edit on 5-4-2016 by kaylaluv because: transgender women are real women too!

link   

originally posted by: luthier

I have two girls and never have worried about this. Why? Because I don't let them go into any bathroom alone. Plenty of female psychopaths, psychotics, pedaphiles, and lunatics out there.

However if there was a unisex bathroom I wouldn't feel so weird bringing my daughter's to the restroom.

My 8 year old grandson still goes in the ladies room with me.

No way am I sending in anywhere without me. Unless I know who's there.

link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Oh definitely. I **HATED** gym class. I didn't want to undress in front of 40 other girls or get naked and shower with strangers. Didn't matter to me that we had the same "parts". It always seemed like an invasion of privacy.

I don't imagine it was a great experience for the guys, either.

At our gym, there's a ladies locker room, but I still don't change in front of people I don't know, just because we share some biologically similar body parts. And, from what I've noticed, most of the women there don't, either. People change in a stall or elsewhere then store their clothes in the lockers. There are a few oddballs that like to be a little "freer" with their birthday suit parade, but they're definitely a minority from my experience.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

If she had a penis, I would expect she is ready for a wild ride and some hardship. She did at that point make herself have a penis.

We are not our genitals, but a room that separates us based on such is what it is.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SisterDelirium
When my kids were younger, I took them to the "Family Restroom" in search of safer/cleaner places--wherever available. Change it to Unisex and Family Restroom...or just go with single-occupant. Problem solved.

Sometimes people break their heads thinking up the most convoluted solutions for things when such simple fixes would be the best, but their emotions are too heated to realize this.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

She would how ever run risk of being beat up by a bigoted hateful male entering a male bathroom as woman. Thats what people are not getting here.
edit on 5-4-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I agree. So maybe stop making a fuss about this.

Just go pee or poop and stop acting like everyone is going to kill you unless you have a law saying you can go against the sign on the wall.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, because third world countries have the EXACT, SAME gender problems that first world countries have. Such a GREAT comparison made by the conservative and anti-lgbt biased rag "the Federalist". That's sarcasm by the way.
edit on 5-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

It's already a federal law that you can't discriminate trans people from using the bathroom they identify with. Do you not get this?

The state law is trumped by this federal civil rights law. It will be destroyed in the supreme Court and even a federal court in NC.

Laws protect minorities from discrimination. It's an interpretation of contistutional law. Just like not allowing same sex marriage was always a 14th amendment problem ever since there were state issued marriage licenses.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You wanted evidence that toilet security is a widespread problem. I would say that if most of the world is still struggling to achieve it, then it is a widespread problem.

Don't move the goalposts. Btw, does Europe now count as most of the rest of undeveloped world because they now have the same issues as some of the other countries like Nepal thanks to their recent invasion of immigrants.

Oh, wait ... I can answer the question ... we should be more like Europe and have less bathroom security for women.
edit on 5-4-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Exactly. Third world countries majorities are still fighting for basic human rights in most cases.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Again your from the UK? There are unisex bathrooms everywhere in Europe.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Yet the federal government cant make laws which give it powers beyond those established in the constitution. Even the supremacy clause says as much.

All else is a state issue.

Each state decides things like this or say drug legalities.... So make your case 50 times

edit on 4 5 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
A sad thing to be the degrading of the Women's restroom cleanliness.

Men's are notoriously filthy by comparison.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Maybe we will accept these laws down the road when we are ready AND the world allows us to be ready.

As we should wait for the Grand Dragon to accept black people.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Not the same.

You may like dictatorships that dont need to convince others of the merit of laws.....just saying.

Things get done....and there is no choice.

edit on 4 5 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

no(w) men's no women's. saves jobs, and well, everybody can have more privacy. matter of fact the company I worked for did this, they had several bathrooms spread out through the shop and well, they were used by both sexes

brilliant, outside the box thinking. If more companies go down the path of not investing in the state eventually the politicians will relent. "its all about the job creation"

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join