It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina Loses 400 Jobs as PayPal Pulls Facility over ‘Bathroom Bill’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Annee

There's an O in the acronym now? I knew about the Q, which is for queer, but not any O's. Plus I was piggybacking off of the acronym used by that poster.

There's a whole bunch other letters, but it does get kinda redundant.

"Q" means questioning or queer
"O" means other. With sexual fluidity it's undefined.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
If it's possible, someone will abuse it. That's how I see gender neutral toilets.
Someone said that showering with lesbians is just as bad as showering with some dodgy bloke...no it is not. She's still a woman and even if she fancies me, I won't have to see how much...

Our toilet using has improved a lot since the middle ages and it is very much better than in 3rd word countries, where women get raped, going for a poop in the woods.
I think it is because of mostly male [say what you want but this is true] attacks on women, that separate toilets were invented in the first place.
I don't want to go back to 'uncivilised ways'.

I KNOW that most men are decent and I AGREE that proper post op transgender women should use the girls room. That would be normal in a world full of decent people. But we don't live in fluffy bunny land.

Unless it is a single toilet, I would not go into a toilet with several stalls if there is a male in there with me!

I have had my fair share of dangerous encounters to be very alert. Why should I feel worried to go to the toilet? Men and women also do different things on toilets. Men poop far more often than women and women have to change their hygiene products, both not things proud to share with the opposite sex.

I don't ever want to take someone's rights to anything but I also don't want my rights to be trampled over for a minority. Why not compromise?
Can't there be 3 toilets, like some pubs have here already? One for women, one for men and one mixed? Then at least there is a choice. Why is there a need for a 'law'?

edit on 5-4-2016 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

this is the person that if he lived in NC the law is saying he/she should be using the ladies room...

i.imgur.com...

you wouldn't know he was born a she, you would see that person their walking into the bathroom... he/she looks to me to be someone who could easily break me in half, and well, trying real hard not to sound like a jerk, but he/she also looks like someone who might enjoy trying to do just that.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

this is the person that if he lived in NC the law is saying he/she should be using the ladies room...

i.imgur.com...

you wouldn't know he was born a she, you would see that person their walking into the bathroom... he/she looks to me to be someone who could easily break me in half, and well, trying real hard not to sound like a jerk, but he/she also looks like someone who might enjoy trying to do just that.

Do you have it backwards.

With this new NC bill this transgender f/m is required by law to use the ladies room.

He is required to use the restroom that matches his birth genitals.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

First off how would you know man has an erection in a bathroom stall unless your the perv looking in to bathroom stalls. Secondly the law doesn't protect pervs. Some dude hanging out with his toger for everyone to see is still going to be arrested.

This law happened because NC won't make gender neutral single stalls. Many places have already done so however. Not only for trans people but folks taking care of their elderly opposite sex grandma or grandpa or their 6 year old daughter if they are male.

For some trans people this is not enough to have unisex single stalls. I don't think it's necessary to boq down to that. My wife is good friends with the direct of student affairs/diversity who deals with these issues and yeah some things are never enough for anybody. However, this law by NC is to trump federal law.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

that's my point!! he/she would be walking into that restroom with you!!
and this is not just as alarming as men who appear to men but identify as being women walking into that bathroom?

it's a stupid law!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras
BS!!!

It is already against federal law...

yup

EEOC interprets and enforces Title VII's prohibition of sex discrimination as forbidding any employment discrimination based on gender identity or sexual orientation. These protections apply regardless of any contrary state or local laws.

www.eeoc.gov...

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Sargeras
BS!!!

It is already against federal law...

yup

EEOC interprets and enforces Title VII's prohibition of sex discrimination as forbidding any employment discrimination based on gender identity or sexual orientation. These protections apply regardless of any contrary state or local laws.

www.eeoc.gov...

Which is why the NC law is just symbolic discrimination. It's going to be shot down in federal court.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Now having a women's restroom is discriminatory...

Reminds me of this:

youtu.be...

"It's symbolic of his struggle against reality..."

edit on 5-4-2016 by SisterDelirium because: (no reason given)

link   
These southerners never learn do they?

Were in a new world and old time religious based “morality” is passé.

They are the Taliban of America.

I hope the religious people in America don’t start going crazy

Accept change with grace

You don’t have to practice what they do just respect it

link   
a reply to: luthier

What really makes you go "Hmmmm" is knowing this, and knowing that the legislators knew this. And they STILL had an "emergency session" in which this was voted on.

Must really be a problem with a lot of transgendered folks sauntering into the wrong restroom in North Carolina. A real epidemic.

LOL

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
These southerners never learn do they?

While trying to hard to preach against prejudice, you stumbled into it yourself on your very first sentence.

Thanks for being so human, Willtell.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Yep. I see a dude. I don't care if he was born a woman - looking like a man, he would have more problems using the woman's room.
Just like the male to female I saw interviewed. I would have never suspected she was born a man.

Those fully transgendered - I can't see how people will know they're breaking the law by using the restrooms of the gender they currently are. Unless they start checking birth certificates at the door..

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
So what they going to do?

Put a cop at the door of every toilet to check your birth certificate before you can enter?

edit to add - snow you beat me to it

edit on 5-4-2016 by johnb because: as above

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
What probably happened is that one of the big shot politicians in NC probably ran into a LGBT person in a rest room? Or maybe his daughter did.

The guy was offended and made a few calls and got this done.

" Hey Jimmy...I went into the restroom the other day to take a crap...

,..and guess what I saw?

one of em old gays running around lookin like like a goddam weirdo...hair all over his head...

we got to do somthin about this here

this aint our way down here

we keeps the niggras and the gays and the hippies in line down here"

this aint new yark city

how it works.
edit on 5-4-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I am a former Texan living in SC. My wife is a professor and was in Texas. It's a whole other world here. Racism is actually still a huge problem not just some overblown hype. It's the same with LGBTO. We live pretty close to NC and go to Charlotte often.

It's hilarious to me that these intolerant hateful people are somehow pious religious folks. Even compaired to Texas the level of religious dogma and religious showman ship is disgusting. There are hundreds of Joel Osteens even in this small city.

I actually want to go back the the hill country pretty badly.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

You don't get enough privacy sitting in a stall?

Do you feel very private with another man shatting next to you even if you are in a stall?

I don't.........

Come on man. We've all seen the video when we were two. Everyone poops. Don't be embarrassed because someone is experiencing the EXACT same bodily function every other person in the world experiences at the same time you are experiencing it. At least you have the stall walls so you don't have to look at each other, and if you are super perturbed by some random stranger knowing you had the AUDACITY to poop as a human, then just wait for him to finish first and leave the bathroom before you get out of the stall.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnb

Put a cop at the door of every toilet to check your birth certificate before you can enter?

This won't even work as you can change the sex on your birth certificate in NC.

North Carolina
Statute: N.C. Gen. Stat. §§ 130A-118(b)(4), (e) (2005).

Text: (b) A new certificate of birth shall be made by the State Registrar when . . .

(4) A written request from an individual is received by the State Registrar to change the sex on that individual's birth record because of sex reassignment surgery, if the request is accompanied by a notarized statement from the physician who performed the sex reassignment surgery or from a physician licensed to practice medicine who has examined the individual and can certify that the person has undergone sex reassignment surgery.

Summary: North Carolina will issue a birth certificate reflecting the proper sex.

www.lambdalegal.org...
edit on 5-4-2016 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

You don't get enough privacy sitting in a stall?

Do you feel very private with another man shatting next to you even if you are in a stall?

I don't.........

Come on man. We've all seen the video when we were two. Everyone poops. Don't be embarrassed because someone is experiencing the EXACT same bodily function every other person in the world experiences at the same time you are experiencing it. At least you have the stall walls so you don't have to look at each other, and if you are super perturbed by some random stranger knowing you had the AUDACITY to poop as a human, then just wait for him to finish first and leave the bathroom before you get out of the stall.

You were talking privacy.

I see we changed the goal posts from privacy to being embarrassed.

edit on 5-4-2016 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnb

This won't even work as you can change the sex on your birth certificate in NC.

North Carolina
Statute: N.C. Gen. Stat. §§ 130A-118(b)(4), (e) (2005).

Text: (b) A new certificate of birth shall be made by the State Registrar when . . .

(4) A written request from an individual is received by the State Registrar to change the sex on that individual's birth record because of sex reassignment surgery, if the request is accompanied by a notarized statement from the physician who performed the sex reassignment surgery or from a physician licensed to practice medicine who has examined the individual and can certify that the person has undergone sex reassignment surgery.

Summary: North Carolina will issue a birth certificate reflecting the proper sex.

www.lambdalegal.org...

You can never start your re election campaign to early. What great publicity for the politicians.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join