It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: I will eliminate U.S. debt in 8 years

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: xuenchen

Republican front runner Donald Trump claims he can (and will) eliminate the U.S. National Debt in 8 years !!

Two words.

Bull and Snip.

Current debt is over 18 trillion dollars.

Student loan debt stands around at over $1 trillion.

Social Security, and medicare both spend more money than it takes in.

Neither is designed to keep up with inflation.

The cost of the ACA which also is spending more than it takes in.

There is no possible way to 'eliminate' the debt we have accrued.

Not one.

The debt I agree is hopeless and glade to see you think trump talking out his arse on this one.

The deficit though is the more important figure though.
And that I think Trump could eliminate if not make a huge dent in it.

The UK had a worse deficit to GPD ratio than the US and we should be clearing it by 2020 give or take a few years.

No reason the US cant if the fedral government tightened its belts. But it will HURT. Those on welfare and the military will have to take HUGE hits. And forget wall building money.

If the deficit eliminated then the debt doesnt matter. The $18 trillion is then frozen and will then start going down, albit slowly.

But international loans are not like personal loans we get of 2-5 years. There loans have 25, 50 or even 100 year repayment periods. So slow repayment is not a problem as long as the deficit gone and the debts frozen or going down.
edit on 5-4-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Yes Trump will wave a magic wand and the international community will do his bidding and the US will become great again with lolly pops and rain bows.

Ps North korea will still have a unicorn

edit on 5-4-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Vote for me and I will produce a dinosaur from my rectum which will lay golden eggs and no American will have to work again.

If you vote for a person you are in effect re-engaging the system of government/enslavement all over again.

DON'T VOTE....simple.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
If Trump thinks he is going to get rid of the deficit then he might as well tatoo a crosshair on his head.This debt machine is how the big boys keep in power and ensure the right officials are elected. Imagine a mortgage that the bank never expects you to pay back only the interest. Its not about repaying the debt but rather about governments shelling out interest payments in real hard cash that go up every year to match inflation.
Seriously imagine that the banksters never actually had the money in the first place to hand over to governments. Centuries ago, when people were getting robbed of their gold coin pouches, someone decided to store their coins in a safe house that gave them a promisary note that they could collect it later. A buyer then could give to a seller this promisary note who could run along to the safe house and claim his coins with a valid horse drivers licence. The safe houses thought "wow we could print fake promisary notes (bank notes)and buy what ever we want. NO one will know there are not enough coins to back the notes in our safe house unless everyone collects on the same day.
So our government buys promisary notes from the fed reserve instead of just issuing them directly and owning interest to no one.
Now we have 20 trillion in debt (promisary notes )that mostly never really existed in the first place that was spent on very expensive yet neccessary wars in order to spend the debt money so we can buy more debt. Dictators are taught a lesson, children are colaterrally damaged and friends of presidents and corporations make obscene amounts of money. Thats the cost of greedom and liberty in our world.
Now lets get out there and cash in on rebuilding ( owning )those devastated countries.
The Panama papers are just the tip of the iceberg with this level of corruption. Kennedy tried to eliminate the banksters control through executive order 11110 and we all know what happened to him. If he succeeded, 20 trillion in debt would never have existed and the billions of interest payments alone would go into free universities and hospitals and a free gun for every republican who complained about it. Instead its just some number inside a bank computer. Abraham lincoln said no to the banks 28 % interest to finance the civill war and printed debt free "greenbacks" and we all know what happened to him. In fact there are many other presidential candidates who promised to eliminate banks financing the government who were also eliminated so Trump better beware. Only the American Revolution and President Andrew Jackson (both assassins guns misfired ) in the 1830's managed to get debt free from the banksters. What makes Trump so confident that his security team can protect him from a shadow government whose technology is so far ahead of the curve it would make his hairpiece jump off and strangle him. If Trump wins I hope he makes a better deal with these leeches for the whole planets sake if he survives the presidency.
50 % of the US government revenue is from personal taxes of the 6 odd trillion it collects a year. It spends just a bit more than that on the military. So all your taxes go to the military. I know what I would be demanding as a tax payer to Trump is that not one of our dimes goes to the military industrial congressional complex. Enough allready.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Qwerm

Vote for me and I will produce a dinosaur from my rectum which will lay golden eggs and no American will have to work again.

DON'T VOTE....simple.

You make a promise like that and tell us not to VOTE....

What kind of dinosaur...??

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I've long thought the world economy was on shaky ground. The debt held all around just feels like a disaster waiting to happen.

That said....

I'm waiting for Trumps pants to actually burst into flames on national TV. That guy is such a liar.

All solved in 8 years? By him? Really?

Vermin Supreme's Pony-based economy sounds more realistic...

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmybob
If Trump thinks he is going to get rid of the deficit then he might as well tatoo a crosshair on his head.This debt machine is how the big boys keep in power and ensure the right officials are elected. Imagine a mortgage that the bank never expects you to pay back only the interest. Its not about repaying the debt but rather about governments shelling out interest payments in real hard cash that go up every year to match inflation.

And yet Bill Clinton turned the deficit into a surplus, lowered taxes, lowered inflation rate, and cut Federal spending.

Since the next several Republican presidents turned this around, are you saying that the Republicans have a vested interest in keeping us in debt?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
So the consensus is that,

the debt is too big and can't be done.

I'd agree... it's too big and too complex.

Trump can't do it but bernie can get it rolling in 1 term.

I don't think Bernie can eliminate it, either.

The world's economy will collapse if Trump tries.

Nah. But the US economy won't do well.

Trump will sell the public school buildings.

No, those are local and not federal. It's the federal assets he wants to sell.

Will let saudi arabia drill on fed land.

Yes, if they come up with the money.

And no other plans from the field of runners.

Here's Hillary's plan

Here's Bernie's (I like his addressing the infrastructure)

Ted Cruz is all about the flat tax (which I like)

Kasich says he can balance the budget in 8 years

...and even the retired candidates had fiscal plans that you might enjoy reading. Google for 'fiscal plan' and the candidate of your choice.

I strongly suspect there is far more waste in the system than the politicians admit to. I heard some pretty low numbers quoted in one of the debates to attack Trump on his plans. I would not be surprised at all if that waste was in the hundreds of billions per year. Some analysis in the Uk recently showed that the UK's entire annual deficit could be covered by cutting waste (estimated to be at £120bn). What is the REAL US number for budget waste I wonder... $0.5trillion? Myabe enough to cover the entire deficit?
Who knows, but I think there will be a lot of people quite nervous about the microscope that will be put on them if Trump becomes president.

I don't believe that it will be possible to wipe out the National Debt as Trump says, but balancing the budget may be a whole lot easier than people think.

Balancing the budget is not hard.

First ya need one.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: jimmybob

And yet Bill Clinton turned the deficit into a surplus, lowered taxes, lowered inflation rate, and cut Federal spending.

Since the next several Republican presidents turned this around, are you saying that the Republicans have a vested interest in keeping us in debt?

Clinton had a repub majority congress and Newt.

Thank God for that.

Imagine if hillary got her hillarycare passed, things would be a lot different now.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
You saying it was clinton that did it?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I don't believe that it will be possible to wipe out the National Debt as Trump says, but balancing the budget may be a whole lot easier than people think.

Step 1 in balancing the budget isn't to propose tax cuts combined with spending increases.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
You took the words out of my mouth as I think Clinton was the best President we have had in years as far as the economy goes. Teflon Don indeed was a Rhodes Scholar and no dummy. I was even browsing on your linked web page but decided against adding Clinton as my rant was all ready too long as it was. Robert Rubin's surplus deficit plan if kept in place would have put the country out of debt in a few decades. However, he is now a member of the council on foreign relations which means hes pretty much sold out and like Dick Cheney has a net worth of over 100 million. Absolute power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Almost all great men are evil men. ( Lord Acton )
It does seem that the Republicans have a better war record ( depends how you read it )
democrat republican wars
To answer your question, I believe that the banksters / military / wall street / corporations have a vested interest in a debt system simply because it puts more money in their pockets. They don't care if your great great great great great grand kids will still own that debt.

The people who have an absolute evil intent in debt money are explained here :
wh ere the trillions are going

on reply to: Byrd

edit on 5-4-2016 by jimmybob because: Your reason for the edit (must be filled out): its all okay now

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

LOLz. This is funny. He's pandering to the low information voters. I'll bet most people fall for it.

You know for a fact every one of these politicians are always yammering on about the debt because the topic resonates with individuals. Few people really understand how the economy actually works. They just think in simple terms similar to their own personal finances and not the bigger picture.

But then again you know low information voters put Obama in the White House.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

There was a guy in the 1930's who took a nation in much worse shape than the current USA and in 7years turned it into a superpower that required the power of 6 powerful nations to defeat.

Regardless of the surrounding circumstances, it's pretty impressive history.

It's certainly possible to turn this ship around, it'll just level-10 piss off some other nations if we decide to do what's right for America again.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

No. I think that it's vague how much something is worth if development is involved at all. That's why there is 0 information on military assests.

It costs almost a trillion per jet to be developed.

It costs nothing to make one.

Your comparison of billion to million for nearly the exact same amount of materials should tell you this. Or a comparison of plastic to a bottle.

You don't know how much other countries buy them for either, I seriously doubt Americans sell jets without 'profit'.

And while my analogy is bad I agree, I'm talking about selling military assest, not jets. We probably have THEORETICAL assests worth a trillion alone.
edit on 6-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

No reason the US cant if the fedral government tightened its belts. But it will HURT. Those on welfare and the military will have to take HUGE hits. And forget wall building money.

I don't see any reason welfare or the military would be impacted. PLENTY of more legit places to reduce spending (like the hundreds of billions we spend on helping illegal immigrants (not legal ones, illegal ones)). As for wall money, Trump recently outlined exactly how he'd make Mexico pay for it, and to be frank, he's spot on with it. Personally, I think a surcharge on money wired back by illegals would pay for it all without even any of his additional measures.

And this isn't a "hate" thing, or racist, etc., it's an economic problem. There are actually a few really good examples out there, that show how two individuals (one legal, and one illegal, making the same take home pay) compare as far as disposable income, received aid, etc., and they are spot on illustrations of the problem.

Before Trump brought it up, no other politician would touch it with a 40' pole...because they didn't want to alienate the Latino voters. He was the only one to have the guts to bring up the hard issues of where we as a nation are hemorrhaging money.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Before Trump brought it up, no other politician would touch it with a 40' pole...because they didn't want to alienate the Latino voters. He was the only one to have the guts to bring up the hard issues of where we as a nation are hemorrhaging money.

But Trump has alienated Latino voters and women with his dumbass "punish the women who get abortions", an most moderates from both parties.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
In essence destroying the GOPs chances at winning the POTUS general election.
The Republicans have been trying for years to win back the Latino and w omens vote. Trump just destroyed the party he claims to represent. Perhaps that was his plan all along!!!

The reason the GOP wants to dump Trump is because he has essentially given the election to Hillary or Bernie.

The brokered convention will be given to a more moderate Republican....at least that way they might have a chance.
The Republicans think Trump is unelectable.....thus the backlash.

The DNC is more than happy to have Trump continue with his campaign and alienate even more people.
edit on 6-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

You cant pay off 20 TRILLION in 8 years with some minor cuts behind the scenes.
That sort of drastic money needs drastic cuts.

And you think congress will let them through anyway if it effects them? Hell no!

Plus paying off 20 trillion in 8 years is stupid anyway.

Get rid of the deficiet and the USA is golden. The debt it self becomes irrelevant then as long as its frozen or starts going down.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Trump just called Cruz a Trojan Horse...

www.salon.com... in_primary/

imo...Trump is the Trojan Horse sent to destroy the GOP with his ugly mean spirited BS. It's working!

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

And this isn't a "hate" thing, or racist, etc., it's an economic problem. There are actually a few really good examples out there, that show how two individuals (one legal, and one illegal, making the same take home pay) compare as far as disposable income, received aid, etc., and they are spot on illustrations of the problem.

Enlighten us please.
Also if you really think that just surcharges are going to pay for the wall, what happens when they just stop using it? You really think that is the only way to get money to some one?

And guess all the people who are here legally and do it are just sol.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join