It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: I will eliminate U.S. debt in 8 years

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Republican front runner Donald Trump claims he can (and will) eliminate the U.S. National Debt in 8 years !!

His main objective seems to be trade deals and how those may be responsible.

He will re-negotiate in our favor.

Obviously there's more to it than just trade and manufacturing problems.

Trump is something like 7 or 8 points behind Ted Cruz in the upcoming Wisconsin Primary

Trump: I will eliminate U.S. debt in 8 years

Donald Trump insists the he will be able to wipe out the United States’ debt in eight years.

The Republican candidate said in a wide-ranging interview with the Washington Post that he’d be able to get rid of the more than $19 trillion debt “over a period of eight years.”

Eliminating that amount of debt in eight years is highly impossible, according to most economists, the Washington Post reported. It could require using $2 trillion a year from the annual $4 trillion budget to pay off holders of the debt.

Trump insisted in the interview that “renegotiating all of our deals” will help pay down the debt by sparking economic growth.

Trump at a town hall meeting in Wisconsin the other day....

He talks about .... Donald Trump "We Are Sitting On A Bubble That's Gonna Explode! We Have Debt! On Debt! ON DEBT!

? Is This Even Possible ?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
? Is it even desirable ?

Or did the most basic fundamentals of economic intelligence completely skip a generation?

Enquiring minds want to know.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Good ol' Trump.

Lots of bark, no bite.

Plenty of rhetoric, no substance.

I actually like Trump, I'm enjoying the circus that this orange clown has created.

But that doesnt mean I want to see him in office.

Chump vs. Hitlery (Cruz, Sanders, doesnt make a difference).

As is typical in America, we're forced to choose between two piles of crap.

Lets cut the crap, everyone just write in Ron (or even Rand) Paul.

edit on 3-4-2016 by gladtobehere because: BIG DOG

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
How? Can the usa even declare bankruptcy?
Will he turn the whole state of new jersey into a mega trump taj mahal?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Hmmm, I very much doubt it.

Eliminate the deficit maybe, i.e the shortfall against the interest, but that is all they will ever strive to achieve.

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
What are the other candidates saying about the problem?

The only other one that I can think of that is addressing it is Bernie Sanders.... and he plans on tripling the debt!

I am not saying that he has the answer, but his answer is better than Bernie's.
edit on b000000302016-04-03T17:31:25-05:0005America/ChicagoSun, 03 Apr 2016 17:31:25 -0500500000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
How? Can the usa even declare bankruptcy?
Will he turn the whole state of new jersey into a mega trump taj mahal?

If it came to the US declaring bankruptcy, which is possible, then the US would officially become slaves to the banking community, with debt upon debt loaded on top of its citizens until defaults are a certainty followed by seizure of assets and more debt. Read Greece. I think that is a long way off but possible on the current trajectory.

Just focusing on it and making it a policy platform is a good thing - but substance would be nice. Eight years means $2.5trillion a year...

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
www.businessinsider.com...

We actually "owe" the majority of the so called "national debt" to ourselves. A large chunk of THAT is owed directly to the Federal Government. These are the same people who brought you $750 toilet seats, so their numbers are almost certainly inflated.

Why would we want that number to be even larger than it really is? Because of what it actually represents, as opposed to what most people think it represents.

Whenever I hear, "we should run the country more like a business," I know I am dealing with someone who installs garage doors for a living and who thinks three minute pay-per-view "fights" at $75 a pop are a good investment.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Being who he is I'll bet he's been itching for years and years to get rid of U.S. debt. Is it possible? I don't know. I'll leave the door open on that. There would have to be a financial reset. Humans, in general, are very good at adapting to new conditions once they know how to work the system.

He has an enormous amount of spiritual force behind him. Everything's in a state of flux worldwide so who knows what we'll be gasping about in shock in the future?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Unhinged madness. Talk of a Joker.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
What are the other candidates saying about the problem?

The only other one that I can think of that is addressing it is Bernie Sanders.... and he plans on tripling the debt!

I am not saying that he has the answer, but his answer is better than Bernie's.

Good point about the Sanders plan.

People need to realize that National Debt is all about how much a government can generate in bond sales.

If the Sanders plan is going to continue the debt increases (by over spending), then interest rates will have to rise significantly in order to get the loans.

That alone could easily nullify any so-called "positives".

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
To be fair, it wouldn't be impossible to accomplish this in 8 years, though it would take bold moves and a lot of people wouldn't be happy through the process. I don't think he would actually do it.

link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
www.businessinsider.com...

We actually "owe" the majority of the so called "national debt" to ourselves. A large chunk of THAT is owed directly to the Federal Government. These are the same people who brought you $750 toilet seats, so their numbers are almost certainly inflated.

Why would we want that number to be even larger than it really is? Because of what it actually represents, as opposed to what most people think it represents.

Whenever I hear, "we should run the country more like a business," I know I am dealing with someone who installs garage doors for a living and who thinks three minute pay-per-view "fights" at $75 a pop are a good investment.

The National Debt as of March 31st is $19.225991 Trillion.

That's according to the gov balance sheets

Maybe somebody can actually find the inter-governmental numbers.

But still, those would be based on Treasury issued bonds and notes I think.

It all has to be paid eventually (interest & principal) right?

link   

Absolutely! There is a serious bell-curve effect in play here.

That said, eliminating the debt is eliminating faith in the US dollar. The world economy is a finely calibrated machine, designed to self-perpetuate. There is zero correlation between government "debt" and household debt, but it sounds so plausible to the economically illiterate, and the media does nothing to dispel it, or any other blatantly false notion propagated by the corporate / religious mouthpieces.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
To be fair, it wouldn't be impossible to accomplish this in 8 years, though it would take bold moves and a lot of people wouldn't be happy through the process. I don't think he would actually do it.

Taxes & Tariffs ?

I bet that's the plan.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I think Trump still is'nt been stupid to his full potential. There is still more to come

link   
Whatever you say about Trump, and he’s got a lot of bad things in his approach, this one is the best of his issues.

I hope Trump isn’t sinisterly actually trying to besmirch this issue.
Now that it’s exposed to the public that the trade deals are wolves in sheep’s clothing it’s vital that this issue is dealt with properly and as Bernie says…just reject them!

But believe me, sinister forces led by the present president will do everything they can to maintain these crippling trade deals.

edit on 3-4-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

link   

You realize that a large portion of the difference between the business insider numbers and the current numbers represents interest plus increased government investment (spending), right? As in, "we owe it to ourselves + interest."

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

You realize that a large portion of the difference between the business insider numbers and the current numbers represents interest plus increased government investment (spending), right? As in, "we owe it to ourselves + interest."

Yes I know all that.

I was just wondering if somebody can break it down.

Some of it could be shadows and phantom journal entries.

(post by BlueAjah removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join