It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump call to punish women for abortions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
For any of you out there who do not think that Trump is an oligarch in the making!

Republican frontrunner Donald Trump, who just last night confirmed that he had "evolved" on the issue of abortion and is now pro-life, managed to upset both pro-lifers and pro-aborts with his comments that women who have abortions should face "some form of punishment"

So the answer by this "conservative" who is suppose to be smaller gov, is to now impose legal punishment against women who have abortions, effectively injecting more gov into the private lives of citizens.

Trump is this countries worst nightmare in chief, a dictator in the making.

Then, just mere HOURS after making this definitive statement, he says THIS

Later on Wednesday, Trump tried to clarify his remarks, saying he would not seek to punish women for getting an abortion.

""If Congress were to pass legislation making abortion illegal and the federal courts upheld this legislation, or any state were permitted to ban abortion under state and federal law, the doctor or any other person performing this illegal act upon a woman would be held legally responsible, not the woman"

Only Trump can completely contradict himself within hours and people still swallow the SWILL, that is coming out of his mouth as truth.

"The woman is a victim in this case as is the life in her womb. My position has not changed - like Ronald Reagan, I am pro-life with exceptions."

The woman is the victim? Like someone kidnapped her and made her have an abortion? What happened earlier to this statement Trump.

“The answer is that there has to be some form of punishment,” Trump said in the interview taped for a town hall forum airing later Wednesday.

“For the woman?” Matthews asked.

“Yeah, there has to be some form,” Trump responded.

As a woman who is pro-choice and a convervative libertarian, I find this aphaling , and indicative of just how untrustworthy Trump is with anything he says.

What this man tells everyone with every statement that he waffles on is 'Ill do whatever I want, and say whatever I want if its politically expedient, JUST LIKE CLINTON"

When it comes to Trump, His image, his money and his brand are all that matters, not you, not me, not the country.

Link Source

+27 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
...if abortion were illegal.

Why are so many people unable to differentiate between legal and illegal?

It is a very simple concept.

If somebody does something illegal it goes without saying they will and should be punished for it.
edit on 30-3-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
One day he will write a book about his bid for the presidency and it will talk about how hard it was for him to get people to stop supporting him. He has tried numerous ways so far but people have drank too much of the Kool-aid.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

If somebody does something illegal it goes without saying they will and should be punished for it.

Unless it is simple battery on a reporter then we make fun of her and dismiss it because Trump.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Yea, I thought the same thing!

I went to the source the OP linked and this was the Title the OP left out!

"Trump call to punish women for illegal abortions sparks firestorm"

I think that would show he cares about the safety of a woman who chooses to have an abortion?

Just another opposite day in Amerika!

Notice the omission of the word "Illegal" in the OP's title?

Isn't it in the T&C of ATS to not embellish the title of the source being used?
edit on 30-3-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Ted Cruz will get the vote of the people that genuinely believe abortion is wrong because of their religion

Trump will get the vote of men who just want to control women

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Here we go, according to the game plan. He's going crazy off the rails & will have issues with the Republicans, then he'll go third party, as say an independent and he'll split the vote. It's all so Hillary can make the big win.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyWater

Trump flip flopping? Say it ain't so!

He's become a pro flip flopper! More so than any other politician! A hallmark trade of a pathological liar.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I think women are punished for having abortions.

They have killed a living human growing inside of them. Who could do that without becoming damaged?

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The original interview with Chris Matthews has Trump saying it without legal or illegal. He says it more than once to the interviewer. Matthews asks 10 cents or 10 years? And Trump says "I don't know". The interview is widely available.
edit on 30-3-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

The original interview with Chris Matthews has Trump saying it without legal or illegal. He says it more than once to the interviewer. Matthews asks 10 cents or 10 years? And Trump says "I don't know". The interview is widely available.

I truly believe woman should have a right to do with their body as they wish!

My question to those of you who preach that like the gospel?

Where the hell are you when it comes to preventing the police from arresting prostitutes by the thousands on a nightly basis?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

...if abortion were illegal. Why are so many people unable to differentiate between legal and illegal?

Because he wants to MAKE it illegal, and punish the mothers who have them, hmm wonder how thats going to pan out?

What of the abortions that are had because of threat to life of mother and viability of the baby?

Well, at least he says he does, 8 months ago he was pro choice so.

It is a very simple concept

yes it is, when gov decides to make something illegal they also get to set the premise for what is considered illegal and also the punishment

Much like how they get to tell you who and what s a terrorist and effectively end their lives without judge or jury

And some things just shouldnt be made illegal

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyWater

...if abortion were illegal. Why are so many people unable to differentiate between legal and illegal?

Because he wants to MAKE it illegal, and punish the mothers who have them, hmm wonder how thats going to pan out?

What of the abortions that are had because of threat to life of mother and viability of the baby?

yes it is, when gov decides to make something illegal they also get to set the premise for what is considered illegal and also the punishment

Much like how they get to tell you who and what s a terrorist and effectively end their lives without judge or jury

You are the OP and you purposely left the word "ILLEGAL" from your thread title!

Bitch all you want, but you are the one being dishonest by leaving that word out!

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It's a gross mischaracterization of Trump and his statements and cheap propaganda.

Honestly, I expect partisans to lie about Trump on the theory that dragging him down helps Bernie/Hillary/Cruz, but if you are weak minded enough to actually believe this crap than you deserve President Hillary.

In fact I don't see anyone in this thread so far who actually believes it. It's clearly word lawyering and playing 'gotcha' because he didn't completely clarify after hack loser sh** faux-journalist Chris Mathews got lucky and tripped him up a little for a sound bite that isn't even convincing.

And seriously, Republicans, don't think for one freakin' minute that there is any other Republican who can win at this point. If you think that, you're completely deluded. Cruz for the Lose. Supporting Cruz is now a vote for Hillary or Bernie, plain and simple.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: CrazyWater

You are the OP and you purposely left the word "ILLEGAL" from your thread title!

Bitch all you want, but you are the one being dishonest by leaving that word out!

Well, we all know the word 'illegal' is on the article in the OP. Thank you for your service. However, on many other websites, the same video is there without the word 'illegal'. I saw the video, Trump talks punishment first. Then Matthews asks him if Trump is against it, thinks it should be a crime...then...I think Matthews was overly nice to Trump in that way.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 11andrew34
It's a gross mischaracterization of Trump and his statements and cheap propaganda.

Honestly, I expect partisans to lie about Trump on the theory that dragging him down helps Bernie/Hillary/Cruz, but if you are weak minded enough to actually believe this crap than you deserve President Hillary.

In fact I don't see anyone in this thread so far who actually believes it. It's clearly word lawyering and playing 'gotcha' because he didn't completely clarify after hack loser sh** faux-journalist Chris Mathews got lucky and tripped him up a little for a sound bite that isn't even convincing.

And seriously, Republicans, don't think for one freakin' minute that there is any other Republican who can win at this point. If you think that, you're completely deluded. Cruz for the Lose. Supporting Cruz is now a vote for Hillary or Bernie, plain and simple.

I believe it. I saw the video. The video is very clear. Propaganda would be something made up. Not something you hear someone say more than one time in the space of 30 seconds.

Trump is not new to being interviewed, it was not a gotcha question. He was given more than one opportunity to answer.
edit on 30-3-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Heck Obama switched up on abortion when he needed to. On late term, head cracking, brain sucking type even.

edit on 30-3-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Donald Trump sparked a firestorm on Wednesday when he said women should be punished for getting illegal abortions.

What is an illegal abortion?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Donald Trump sparked a firestorm on Wednesday when he said women should be punished for getting illegal abortions.

What is an illegal abortion?

Guess you forgot about the days of cloths hangers and such?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Unless it is simple battery on a reporter then we make fun of her and dismiss it because Trump.

Thought this needed to be repeated.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join