It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Hillary talk to the FBI??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
ATS opinion poll more or less...

Hillary has painted herself into a proverbial corner.... for months and months she has protested her innocence and has claimed to have reached out to the FBI to help resolve this issue.... now it appears that she will get that chance...

Her lawyers have to be advising her very strongly against meeting with the FBI... nothing to gain and everything to lose.

She doesn't know if they have her 30,000+ deleted emails.
She has no clue what Pagliano has told the FBI.

So to the die hard Hillary supporters....if she is so innocent as you claim, do you feel she should meet with the FBI? If she is innocent, there should be no need for her to have a lawyer.... just tell the truth.... simple huh?

I bet she backs out of meeting with them, and it will look very bad politically. Martha Stewart can tell her all about what happens if you get caught lying to a federal agent during an interview.

What say you ATS??

Should / Will she meet with the FBI? I bet her aides will decline that opportunity as well.

My money is on she will take the advice of lawyers and decline that interview.
edit on R112016-03-31T13:11:36-05:00k113Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R122016-03-31T13:12:33-05:00k123Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

When you are being investigated for a crime or even just asked to talk to police the best choice is always to remain silent. I may be disgusted by Hilary, but nothing good ever comes from talking to authorities. Ask any lawyer.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Just another election side show.....if she talks to anyone it better be with her legal counsel present....

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

If she did nothing wrong, then I'd expect total transparency and cooperation. If she is difficult, then I'll assume she's covering something up... Either way, if she wants my vote come November, I better see total transparency...
edit on 31-3-2016 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

When you are being investigated for a crime or even just asked to talk to police the best choice is always to remain silent. I may be disgusted by Hilary, but nothing good ever comes from talking to authorities. Ask any lawyer.

I retired from the FBI and I wouldn't talk to them without a lawyer lol.

But she has to try and save face and that isn't possible unless she meets with them... maybe she could just do the meeting and claim the 5th to every question just to attempt to save her rear end.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Great question. Should she follow legal advice and risk looking guilty in the eyes of potential voters or should she cooperate and risk possibly incriminating herself and also potential perjury or obstruction charges is they believe she has lied or has been misleading?

I am also no Hillary fan, but to be facing such high profile, potentially serious charges in an FBI investigation while still being a front-runner for the presidency has to be amazingly stressful. I don't care what assurances she has that she will remain untouched, she is walking a tightrope on this, and one misstep and she could fall.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The CFR has decided shell be the pres.....no fear....

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Should the FBI listen to Hillary is the question. Their workers will feel like they are talking to the Devil. Oh yeah, I suppose they are used to that, they think everyone is a liar and are used to it.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse Why in the world would they even think she is a liar? Maybe Mr. Obama should instruct them to leave her alone, and quit wasting time, and do something more important, like catching real bad guys. She could also remind them that when she is president, it is them who will be reporting to her, and she is still trying to decide weither to increase or decrease their funding, or put them under CIA control......

link   

I wouldn't say no...

But then again what is good for the goose is good for the gander...lobbyists are just as guilty for trying to influence politicians and many politicians are more than willing to accept. If the FBI wants to investigate Shillary then they should investigate every candidate as well-the people want what is fair but how far down the rabbit hole are we willing to go to determine what is fair?

link   

She never protested her innocence. She proclaimed it.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

She never protested her innocence. She proclaimed it.

Do you think she should meet with the FBI? Should she lawyer up before she goes?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Pretty sure she knows what Pagliano told them. The truth. She knows what that is and would never ask that someone lie to L.E..

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Of course she should and will go if called. How is this even a question?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Pretty sure she knows what Pagliano told them. The truth. She knows what that is and would never ask that someone lie to L.E..

We shall see
edit on R142016-03-31T14:14:28-05:00k143Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

How will you feel if she declines to speak with them? Would you wonder why?
edit on R152016-03-31T14:15:15-05:00k153Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Should Hillary talk to the FBI?
I think she should talk to the prison guard while checking in.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

The law provides for legal representation when being questioned by law enforcement officers. It is always wise to have council. In a case like this it is especially wise.
So yes she should go and there is no doubt that she will if called and of course she should have her lawyers present.
Please don't tell me you think her having legal representation is in any way an admission of guilt.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Who gets to decline an invite by the FBI?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

She won't need to. Let's at least try to remember that this is an investigation into the security of the system. It is not a criminal investigation of Hillary.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

She won't need to. Let's at least try to remember that this is an investigation into the security of the system. It is not a criminal investigation of Hillary.

I think we are past that point of them investigating just her server and not her. But you keep right on believing that if it floats your boat.

She would be putting herself in danger of numerous additional felonies if she meets with them and says anything other than the 5th.

Constantly pleading the 5th will only make them peruse you further and harder.

And yes, she has the right to decline to meet with them, and probably will do just that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join