It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Hillary talk to the FBI??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: RickinVa

And you keep your vessel topside by what ever Jerry rigged method you need Rick.

No we are not past the investigation of the server. There would have to be a whole new investigation if it was now a criminal case.

Why do you believe that she will put herself in danger if she responds to them? You claim to be former FBI that could be of interest to many on here Rick old boy. Why is it dangerous to speak to the FBI alone. What crimes do they commit when no one is around to see. Shine a light G Man.

Why would there have to be a whole new investigation?? Please explain that logic, because it doesn't make any sense. You do know what the term "Federal Prosecutor" is don't you? Never heard of a prosecutor questioning a email server yet... do they read it its rights first?

Your paranoia aside, it was stated earlier that no one should ever talk to the police when suspected of a crime without a lawyer present, I support that statement 100%.

That goes for FBI,DEA, State Police, Local Police, Sheriff, Fire Marshall, or any other authority figure that has the power to put your butt in jail..

The difference is that Hillary is on record stating that she and her campaign have reached out numerous times to the FBI to assist.... now they have that chance and it will look very bad if she suddenly changes her mind.

No one should ever talk to the law without a lawyer,,, that's just common sense,,, not because some sort of dark scary thing is going to happen to you when/if you do.

The eyes are on Hillary and the clock is ticking.
edit on R252016-03-31T16:25:38-05:00k253Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R292016-03-31T16:29:51-05:00k293Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Because the FBI can't bring charges against anyone. They don't have that authority. Didn't you say you used to belong to that group? You should know this already. They would need to convene a grand jury then the Atty general assigns a prosecutor. Then they can issue subpoenas for testimony.
There are procedures that need to be followed.
You need a grand jury first. Until that happens this is just a fact finding quest. It's not a criminal investigation.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

PS Why do you think she won't want to appear anyway? What indications do you have that she would refuse?
Because then they would convene a grand jury in a hurry and subpoena her. Yeah that would look great on her part. She's not a stupid woman you know that right?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Talk or no talk, her ass needs to be in prison.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

PS Why do you think she won't want to appear anyway? What indications do you have that she would refuse?
Because then they would convene a grand jury in a hurry and subpoena her. Yeah that would look great on her part. She's not a stupid woman you know that right?

No I don't know that.

I know if she decides to talk to the FBI with out knowing if they have recovered the deleted emails and without knowing what Pagliano told them, she is taking a very dangerous path.

Look, we all know you claim she is innocent, despite the fact that I can link you directly to the State Department website (again) where they admitted that the 22 emails were indeed classified prior to being on Hillarys server, but you won't comment on that because it is plain as day and doesn't fit your "innocent" agenda. Do you even stop for one second to wonder why her staff would require email accounts on her private server as well as their state department accounts? Do you know if Pagliano had a clearance? Do you know why he was paid by the state department and by Hillary Clinton for taking care of her private server? Do you know why he forgot to put that on his financial disclosure form? Do you know anything at all about this other than Hillary is your version of Mother Theresa?

What do you think is going to happen when they interview her? Do you think they are going to slide her and her lawyers a folder and say this is everything we got, whats your excuse?

NO. What they are going to do is repeatedly ask her questions they already know the answer to, they already know she is a habitual liar and won't have much difficulty getting her to trip herself up. She has already stated under oath that she turned over all work related emails.... you really believe out of 31,000 deleted emails not a single one of those was work related? Hell even Blumenthal has emails from Hillary about work that didn't get turned in by Hillary.

Just like you refuse to accept that 104 emails written by Hillary were later deemed to be classified because she failed to properly mark them when she wrote them, again right there on the State Dept website.

It's ok ... I got tissues ready for you when the big news breaks and she is recommended for indictment.

Tick tock goes the FBI investigation clock....

What is that noise I hear??? Oh yeah,, just the fat lady warming up in the next room.

edit on R002016-04-01T16:00:48-05:00k004Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R042016-04-01T16:04:50-05:00k044Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R052016-04-01T16:05:45-05:00k054Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R092016-04-01T16:09:38-05:00k094Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R242016-04-01T16:24:19-05:00k244Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R302016-04-01T16:30:16-05:00k304Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It appears she won't have to talk to anyone because I see that the investigation is now "On Hold". If true, this would be great news for those of us who don't Hillary to win the nomination! She now looks soooooo guilty...

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
It appears she won't have to talk to anyone because I see that the investigation is now "On Hold". If true, this would be great news for those of us who don't Hillary to win the nomination! She now looks soooooo guilty...

That is the State Department investigation that is on hold... they deferred to the FBI investigation.

That is what they should have done from the day the FBI got involved... doesn't mean anything at all... certainly not any good news for Hillary.

The State Department investigation is what the Hillary supporters lovingly refer to as a security review.... the FBI investigation is a criminal investigation with about a dozen suspects and one target. Guess who the target is?
edit on R152016-04-01T16:15:56-05:00k154Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R162016-04-01T16:16:17-05:00k164Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

You don't know what? That she's a smart woman? Ok she graduated Yale Law School can we at least acknowledge some things?

It's only dangerous if you approach it from an angle where she has something to hide. I'm thinking that's not the case. I'm thinking she knows exactly what he said. She may even have spoken to him or her lawyers have. It's not a court where he's not allowed to talk about it. I'm not 100% sure on that but I think that's ok.
As far as the e mails you dont know what information was redacted. Redactions in themselves dont mean big top secret national security threatening information.
I can't and won't play the imagination if game. It's not fair.

I'm sorry but I dont see them grilling her under some bare lightbulb set noir.
However if that's the case, I will refer you to the Benghazi hearings videos where she went through eleven hours of grueling integration and came out fine at the end if a little horse.

On the deleted e mails she had help from the state dept on determining which were work and which were not. .She didn't sit down and delete them one at a time all by herself.

You might want to double check what you attribute to me. I never spoke about her failing to properly mark e mails.

I will be very disappointed if they bring charges against her. Since they haven't been successful in their past efforts to burn her at the steak I'm thinking they won't have any success this time either.
Comey may not like her but he is a fair and honest man. I'm trusting him . I don't think he will allow personal feelings to affect his recommendations because he didn't in the past when they crossed paths.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

You don't know what? That she's a smart woman? Ok she graduated Yale Law School can we at least acknowledge some things?

It's only dangerous if you approach it from an angle where she has something to hide. I'm thinking that's not the case. I'm thinking she knows exactly what he said. She may even have spoken to him or her lawyers have. It's not a court where he's not allowed to talk about it. I'm not 100% sure on that but I think that's ok.
As far as the e mails you dont know what information was redacted. Redactions in themselves dont mean big top secret national security threatening information.
I can't and won't play the imagination if game. It's not fair.

I'm sorry but I dont see them grilling her under some bare lightbulb set noir.
However if that's the case, I will refer you to the Benghazi hearings videos where she went through eleven hours of grueling integration and came out fine at the end if a little horse.

On the deleted e mails she had help from the state dept on determining which were work and which were not. .She didn't sit down and delete them one at a time all by herself.

You might want to double check what you attribute to me. I never spoke about her failing to properly mark e mails.

I will be very disappointed if they bring charges against her. Since they haven't been successful in their past efforts to burn her at the steak I'm thinking they won't have any success this time either.
Comey may not like her but he is a fair and honest man. I'm trusting him . I don't think he will allow personal feelings to affect his recommendations because he didn't in the past when they crossed paths.

At least we both agree on Comey... I fully expect him to recommend multiple charges, you expect her to come off squeaky clean inspite of the vast amount of information that indicates otherwise.

Time will tell... she always does. Can you hear the fat lady warming up yet?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
politicians or anybody running for public office should be totally transparent.
if the fbi demand answers i am sure she would be as quick as trump has been with his net worth.
in the uk the tories get around 29 million in donations yet, the numbers don't add up.
as said, transparency should be total, and global.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Rick, what do you really think about Comey? I started a thread back in January about him titled, "Is James Comey the right person to investigate the Clintons". You might find some of the comments in that thread interesting. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I personally think the Clinton Foundation and their intermingling of State affairs with donations and pay-to-play type matters is going to be the real Big Investigation. The personal unsecure non-government server may have intentionally been connected to the Clinton Foundation to make it easy for certain entities to hack into....21st century espionage....make information easily accessible then claim innocence. The Clintons like to fly just under the radar of illegality. Ethics have never bothered them, imo.

I hope James Comey is thinking 21st century methods and not 1990's methods when he investigated Bill's 'Pardongate'.

I hope Loretta Lynch will do her job, as well. But.....we will be watching.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Did you question it because he failed to find anything in his past investigation? He was much more personally involved and closer to that investigation as deputy special council. Still he gave his honest findings and there were no charges brought.
As for the rest of that narrative fiction doesn't have a place here no matter how enticing it sounds. I'm not entertaining someone's imagination. It adds nothing to the discussions.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

All I know of Comey is what I have read.... I can't really see him doing anything but a fair assessment.

I keep saying this, but people always forget.

FORGET THE FBI for one moment.

That leaves literally dozens of people in the intelligence community who are fully aware of exactly what classified information she had stored on an unclassified server.

There is no possible way to sweep this under the rug or cover it up.... too many people are in the know.

All I really care about is the classified information stuff... anything else they nab her for, such as corruption, bribery, kick backs, etc is just icing on the cake.

Somebody, somewhere, knowingly and willfully took information off of a classified network and placed it onto a unclassified network... multiple times.... that is the person that would be of the most interest to an FBI investigation...especially if they were instructed to do it. The CIA has said that some of the stuff Blumenthal sent her was word for word from one of their TS reports... how did he manage to get that and why was Hillary using him for intel updates instead of the CIA? So many questions to be answered, and hopefully all of them will be. The CIA has also stated that the 22 Top Secret emails were classified before they ever hit her server. The State department does not dispute that claim.

questions questions questions

Also keep your eye on this:

ca.news.yahoo.com...

A Romanian hacker known as "Guccifer" who posted unofficial emails sent to then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on the Internet was extradited from Romania and made his first court appearance in the United States on Friday. Marcel Lehel, 44, is charged in a nine-count indictment that includes three counts of gaining unauthorized access to protected computers, the U.S. Justice Department said in a statement. According to the indictment, Lehel "hacked into the email and social media accounts of high-profile victims, including a family member of two former U.S. presidents, a former U.S. Cabinet member, a former member of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff and a former presidential advisor," the statement said.

IF he got into Hillarys email server, IF, then that would be a devastating blow to her politically. I think the odds that he was in her server have to be enormously high...90% +, given his track record of breaking into emails from other government officials and the fact he was aware she had the email account.

Note that Guccifer has been granted a temporary 18 month extradition to the US from Romania. Why a temporary extradition and why now of all times? questions questions questions
edit on R472016-04-01T18:47:18-05:00k474Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R212016-04-01T19:21:46-05:00k214Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Actually she did exactly that:

"According to Mrs Clinton, she sent or received 62,320 emails during her time as secretary of state. She, or her lawyers, have determined about half of those - 30,490, roughly 55,000 pages, were official and have been turned over to the State Department.
Mrs Clinton said the other emails are private - relating to topics like her daughter's wedding, her mother's funeral and "yoga routines"."

From the BBC

Later

She has repeatedly asserted that no classified material was transmitted via her email account and that she sent only one email to a foreign official - in the UK.

Which was a false statement. I don t have the correct number in mind but remember it to be more than 20 mails which have been classified top secret.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

a reply to: notmyrealname

Ok catch up . No it's not a criminal investigation. The FBI is looking into the security of the server. There are no criminal charges pending against Secretary Clinton. There has been no grand jury convened in the investigation.
Pagliano got immunity because his lawyers asked for it. It does not imply guilt in any way shape or form.

Look, immunity is granted by the DOJ, not the FBI. His lawyers asked for it so he could talk and not go to jail.

That right there is enough to tell you this is a criminal investigation.

Hillary is screwed either way if she does or doesn't talk to the FBI.

She can't plead the 5th or can she?

What happens when a murder suspect pleads the 5th? Does it all go away?

It's not a get out of jail free card.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Should Hillary talk to the FBI??

Yeah if Lucifer was real.

He'd get a confession

He'd have to plead the 5th if he gets involved.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I don't know about most people, but I can add and I come up with this:

The State Department just announced they are suspending their investigation into the email scandal in deference to the FBI law enforcement investigation.

That right there tells you an a lot.

Think about it ...the people actually doing the security review about the email problem involving the leakage of Top Secret information and Hillarys email server has just suspended that review in deference to the FBI.

That is a huge change in posture going forward and there really can't be any doubt left at all that this is now a criminal investigation.

Glad I am stocked up on popcorn. This could be huge!!
edit on R382016-04-01T20:38:00-05:00k384Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R422016-04-01T20:42:41-05:00k424Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R472016-04-01T20:47:37-05:00k474Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

a reply to: Sillyolme

and on top of that .......

(Oct 6, 2015)

A Connecticut company, which backed up Hillary Clinton‘s emails at the request of a Colorado firm, apparently surprised her aides by storing the emails on a “cloud” storage system designed to optimize data recovery.

The firm, Datto Inc., said Wednesday that it turned over the contents of its storage to the FBI on Tuesday.

A Republican Senate committee chairman, Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson, also has asked the firm to provide the committee copies of any data from Clinton’s account still in its possession.

Unbeknownst to Clinton, IT firm had emails stored on cloud; now in FBI’s hands

(Oct 8, 2015)

Employees at the company that maintained Hillary Clinton's private email server expressed concern among themselves about the way the former secretary of state's team directed them to manage data backups after the FBI started looking into the arrangements, according to emails obtained by a senator.
In a letter obtained by CNN, Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee Chairman Ron Johnson, R-Wisconsin, asks Datto, Inc, the makers of Clinton's server back-up system, for information on how her emails were preserved and protected. The FBI has also sought information from the company, according to sources.

Employees at company working with Clinton email server expressed concerns

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

OK, thanks for the reply RickInVa. That's a disappointment. I was hoping that Hillary or Bill had paid, or threatened, someone to call off the investigation, because they were getting close to her personal closet of skeletons.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

a reply to: notmyrealname

Ok catch up . No it's not a criminal investigation. The FBI is looking into the security of the server. There are no criminal charges pending against Secretary Clinton. There has been no grand jury convened in the investigation.
Pagliano got immunity because his lawyers asked for it. It does not imply guilt in any way shape or form.

Was the easter bunny good to you this year?

It seems that your understanding here is a bit...,lacking in legal standing however strong in CNN news bites.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join