It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump call to punish women for abortions

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

You sound quite robotic and bitter.

And you are clearly admitting you cannot see anything ever getting better or changing so it is important to keep this one option as open to us all as we can so as to avoid SOME suffering.

It is not that I entirely disagree, but that I am completely bored with the way most of you see life, and what to do with it.

What.....Do......You......Mean??? I.....Am.....Not.....A......Robot.

On the contrary. I'm not bitter and whether or not I see anything getting better, well, I'm cynical so you may be right there. But that doesn't mean I don't want things to get better. I thing before things can get better though we have to face reality for what it is currently and stop pretending that the world is something which it is not. That's all.

Look. The reason I support Pro-Choice is because currently it is the only realistic choice. Look at it this way. A pregnancy will end one of two ways. Either it produces a baby or it doesn't. So, Pro-Life means you're forced into birth. Pro-Abortion, which isn't a real thing, means you're forced to not give birth. Pro-Choice means each individual decides for themselves.

Since I know I wouldn't want anyone forcing me into either Pro-Life or Pro-Abort the logical and only choice left is Pro-Choice. Also, nobody else would want to be forced into either Pro-Life or Pro-Abort either. It just makes sense. Would you want to be forced into a choice someone else made when it came to you and your child??? No, you wouldn't. So why would you try and force anyone else into it??? You would want the choice and so would I and everyone else.

Ultimately though, hopefully someday we won't even need to have Abortions at all. Maybe in the future people will be responsible enough or have more control of their bodies or something. Who knows what we might come up with. But for now we need to face reality and do what we can.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I find it amusing that no one understands the meaning of the word...

Hypothetical

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeoStarchild

Hypothetical

What if the "WORD" is a curse WORD?

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Hypothetical

What if the "WORD" is a curse WORD?

Ummm wha?!

I'm sorry, do you not know the difference between illegal and legal? Hypothetically speaking..

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Hypothetical

I find it amusing that anyone gives a damn what some Old Man like Trump thinks about abortion in the first place since it's something he'll never ever experience for himself.

He's never going to be in a position where he might be scared or alone and without any help while pregnant and wondering what he should do about it.

The fact that he goes so far as to say he'd punish someone for making a choice like that tells me he lacks any compassion for others or an interest in trying to identify with them and their position.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

The fact that he goes so far as to say he'd punish someone for making a choice like that tells me he lacks any compassion for others or an interest in trying to identify with them and their position.

Soo.. The person having the hypothetical abortion has compassion? Is that what you are saying?

It was stated before the question was asked it was a hypothetical. Id like to point out this topic has not been brought up. It is not a main issue, and is and was a last ditch effort by the left to destroy Trump.. just like Romney.
edit on 2-4-2016 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Hypothetical

I find it amusing that anyone gives a damn what some Old Man like Trump thinks about abortion in the first place since it's something he'll never ever experience for himself.

He's never going to be in a position where he might be scared or alone and without any help while pregnant and wondering what he should do about it.

There are some that he say he has experienced abortion when one of his wives had one.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

If it's the story I'm thinking of about his first wife or whatever, it was proven false by Snopes.

I posted a link to it somewhere in this thread.

That would have made one hell of a double standard to get caught on. But as far as I know it's not true.

Personally, it sounds fake too. He seems to actually like having a family. I've never seen anything from him that would lead me to believe he'd want his wife to have an abortion.
edit on 2-4-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Soo.. The person having the hypothetical abortion has compassion? Is that what you are saying?

It was stated before the question was asked it was a hypothetical. Id like to point out this topic has not been brought up. It is not a main issue, and is and was a last ditch effort by the left to destroy Trump.. just like Romney.

No. The hypothetical person in this case is a woman or girl or whatever, who is scared about the fact that she's pregnant and doesn't know what to do about it. She also doesn't have any family or someone close to her to help her out either. Something along those lines. Which I'm sure is how many women, especially young women find themselves facing. That would be a scary position to be in and abortion may seem like the only way out even if it was going to hurt her emotionally. Personally I think showing some compassion for someone in such a position should be considered as well.

Hypothetically of course.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

No. The hypothetical person in this case is a woman or girl or whatever, who is scared about the fact that she's pregnant and doesn't know what to do about it. She also doesn't have any family or someone close to her to help her out either. Something along those lines. Which I'm sure is how many women, especially young women find themselves facing. That would be a scary position to be in and abortion may seem like the only way out even if it was going to hurt her emotionally. Personally I think showing some compassion for someone in such a position should be considered as well.

Hypothetically of course.

There was no such detailed criteria in Chris Matthews question which made it all the more bizarre (and dishonest), and trump all the more stupid for answering it. This issue simply can not be boiled down to 'if a woman has an abortion, and if it were illegal, should she be punished'.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I agree. He shouldn't have answered it. Or he should have said something like "this is a very complex issue and should be discussed in detail so as not to misunderstand my position" or something like that.

Because it is a complex issue and not something a sound bite can encompass.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

Trump's failure was in not knowing how to handle the question. This is a common problem for him. It seems every question asked of him requires 48 hours for him to be properly educated on the subject and coached in an appropriate response.

Or he follows his gut, answers on a whim, and fails miserably. I'm not convinced that lacking knowledge and foresight makes for a great leader.

I'd love to give you a thousand stars for that.

"There Are None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See"

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Hypothetical

In relationship to what?

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Righttttttttttt!

The Left makes Trump look like an idiot.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Well, ya. Obviously. They ask him questions and record him answering them.

Those bastards!!! Sneaky Leftists!! Video taping him answering questions.

What's next. Live Coverage of him speaking???

How dare they.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
Right of choice.....?

Dont have sex, do have sex, wear a condom, dont, ejaculate where ever.....

If you are forced into pregnancy Trump said that would be an exception.

You can take a morning after pill, DONT HAVE SEX....

there is you choice. The thought of killing a fetus makes me sick.

Just DONT MAKE ONE and you wont have to kill it.

This all comes from being lazy and irresponsible.

There is a point on both sides of the argument.

If you are raped or forced into pregnancy then fine. You should have one.

If you just got pregnant, then dont kill people.

Allot of this IS people being irresponsible and lazy.

My niece is pregnant now. She is doing NOTHING until later on when she will have an abortion. Totally messed up and got pregnant. What is the solution? Abortion. Will she change the habits that led her down this life ruining path? No. She still goes out to drink and party and sleep around.

Her right of choice? She makes one every day she drops her panties for a cute guy. Really,.

but not all abortions are due to laziness as you call it what about medical emergencies like life threatening issues for the woman, the fetus is malformed or will die in gestation or shortly after birth, or painfully disabled for its short life, contraceptives not working.
its not all black and white the couple where lazy rubbish there are a million reasons for not carrying on with a pregnancy.

is it not better to abort knowing the fetus will die painfully if born at full term, is it not right to save the life of someone who is already alive, who has family, jobs and an established living instead of killing her and inevitably the cells growing in side her.

why as soon as she is pregnant must she be treated as a glorified walking oven that has no right to life yet a bunch of cells does.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

How dare they.

You expect the media to conduct themselves impartially to get clear information from candidates, not entrap them to score political points for their own leanings. Chris Matthews is about as loony left as you can get - not quite as loony as a full on Progressive, but close.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

How dare they.

You expect the media to conduct themselves impartially to get clear information from candidates, not entrap them to score political points for their own leanings. Chris Matthews is about as loony left as you can get - not quite as loony as a full on Progressive, but close.

Poor Donald.

He was entrapped.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: UKTruth

How dare they.

Poor Donald.

He was entrapped.

At last we agree.

Glad you finally got there. The truth will set you free.
edit on 2/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

No, I expect the media to be sneaky and push a certain agenda but to do it in a way that it looks like they are being impartial.

Trump should expect that too and should be much better than me at it if he plans on leading this country.

But he's not and that's a problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join