It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump call to punish women for abortions

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

How is it a good choice to birth a child then bring it back into an abusive situation?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

No one has called me out.

But most everyone has lied to defend murder.

Your world view is barbaric.

Mine is appreciating babies as living. It's proven they are, because you have to kill them to abort them.

You'll get the laws of physics, but you won't get the laws of nature. People still shock me.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I do believe that Donald needs to, for once, sit down in a quiet place and think hard about what he's accomplished and what he's on the cusp of attaining. I still get the feeling that he's in the "reality show" mode. You're right, Indigo5. This is serious chit now. After Wisconsin, D. Trump needs to figure out who he is, and stick with it until the end.

He said to Rush Limbaugh that before running for President, he never gave much thought to any of the moral issues. I guess you can't build a multi-billion dollar empire almost single-handedly and seriously think about too many other things at the same time.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

How is it a good choice to birth a child then bring it back into an abusive situation?

Trump reverses punishment on women, now to punish the abortionist.

abc7news.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Don't bring it into an abusive situation? Overcome and adapt? The world isn't easy, it has to be survived? This isn't obvious?

It's not easy, but it's Right.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Now, you are making things up. If you knew about the laws of nature, you would know animals and plants cull their numbers when stressed for life sustaining food, shelter, water.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

Don't bring it into an abusive situation? Overcome and adapt? The world isn't easy, it has to be survived? This isn't obvious?

I don't take the moral high ground like you because I don't presume to understand what hardships my fellow human beings can and cannot handle.
edit on 31-3-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

No one has called me out.

Your world view is barbaric.
Mine is appreciating babies as living. It's proven they are, because you have to kill them to abort them.

Yes. While you sit on your high horse making moral judgments against your brothers and sisters, you've been called out!

Most abortions are performed during the first trimester, where the embryo is simply washed away. If it has no home, it cannot live. A woman is not required to donate her body to feed, nurture and incubate the potential life of another.

edit on 31-3-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

A fertilized egg is NOT a baby. An embryo is NOT a baby. A fetus is NOT a baby.

Yeah, it could be a frog or elephant. You just never know. It could be anything!

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

a reply to: UnBreakable

Adding words to me again are they?

If the baby is certainly going to die, then I'm not against that. If the baby will certainly live, then I am. But that's the mother's choice to choose to protect her baby's life over her own. If she can't do that, then she would make a horrible mother and isn't a decent human being in the first place. Honor and death or Shame and life? I personally would rather die in Honor protecting those I love and for my beliefs than to make someone else die to take responsibility and for me to have a useless life of shame. That's just me, though.

now, if you were to have some punk kid come into your house to rob you blind, would you be willing to kill said punk kid to protect the money you had so your living breathing kids could have a roof over their heads and food on their table!!

No of course not, because every life is precious according to these hypocrits, even if it means sacrificing your own for the sake of a criminal.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Yeah, it could be a frog or elephant.

This is the kind of intellectual dishonesty and down right ignorance that propels the "forced birth/anti-choice" crowd!

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

So according to people like you: no abortion now, possible suicide later. You guys may be anti-abortion but definitely not pro-life.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

ya, right, that's why while bush and company was drumming up support for wars with lies meant to bring us into a panic, he was also fighting to pass a whole bunch of laws banning abortion that were later found to be unconstitutional because well, they didn't take exceptions for the health and well being of the women. and well I just can't help but wonder, how many crying about how their gun rights are in danger are also supporting such bans. I got a feeling they are running in the same camp.

if a person is all for bombing innocent grandmothers and grandpas, mothers and fathers, little children and their sisters and brothers to hades and back, because they fear that their life, their prosperity, their way of life is being threatened by people halfway around the world, well, they need to understand, most women are reacting to a fear very similar, something that they see as a threat to their life, their prosperity, their way of life... and not be so judgemental about it... the cause of her fear is much closer, inside her even, and the threats to her well being much more real!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

If women are to be denied (with exceptions) safe abortions then permanent sterilization should be an alternative, which it appears it is not at this time for young childless women, as well as better birth control options.

articles.chicagotribune.com...

In addition, if abortion is to be dissuaded but legal, then alternative measures to assist a woman in bringing that life to term should be in place as government assistance in financial and housing matters, mental health, adoption and life skills counselling; any assistance where a woman's life will be minimally impacted,including finishing and completing her education.
edit on 31-3-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

oh ya, I forgot about the women who tried to commit suicide and was thereafter thrown in jail for attempted murder of the baby she was carrying...

A woman accused of murdering her four-day-old baby girl by trying to kill herself with rat poison while pregnant has become a cause célèbre for US women's groups and civil liberties organisations.

Bei Bei Shuai, 34, a restaurant owner who moved to the US from China 10 years ago, was pregnant and planning to marry her boyfriend until she learned late last year that he was already married and he would be abandoning her.

A few days later, on 23 December, she went to a hardware store, bought rat poison pellets, went back to her flat in Indianapolis and swallowed some. But she did not die immediately and was persuaded by friends to go to hospital.

She was given treatment to counteract the poison and gave birth on New Year's Eve, but her daughter, Angel, suffered seizures and died after four days.

Shuai then had a second breakdown and spent a month in a psychiatric ward, after which she left to stay with friends and began rebuilding her life.

But in March she was arrested and charged with murder and attempted foeticide. She now faces life imprisonment.

www.theguardian.com...

the end of the story:

On 14 March 2011, Shuai was charged with the murder and attempted feticide of her child, and was jailed for 435 days.[4] In May 2012, the Supreme Court of Indiana declined to dismiss the charges against her, but allowed her release on bail.[5]

Shuai declined a plea deal that would have her plead guilty to the feticide charge (with a sentence of up to 20 years imprisonment) in return for the withdrawal of the murder charge. She faces a trial for murder with a possible sentence of 45 years to life imprisonment. In June, the prosecution filed a motion to admonish her lawyer, Linda Pence, for prejudicing the potential jury pool by conducting a public campaign for the support of her client. This caused alarm among defense lawyers nationwide, one of whom criticized the motion as a possible attempt at intimidation or to prevent Pence from raising money for her client; chief prosecutor Terry Curry denied this.[6]

In 2013 Shuai pled guilty to a misdemeanor charge of criminal recklessness and was released, having been sentenced to time served. Prosecutor Terry Curry said of the law under which she was initially charged for murder, "There was never any intention to monitor pregnancies." [7][8]

en.wikipedia.org...

over a year in jail.... for being so depressed after after the baby's father was married, and well, didn't want anything to do with her or his baby... that she tried to kill herself!!
yep, that's a really loving and caring world she was in wasn't it???

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
there's a thread on ATS here:

“Vote Trump, Get Dumped” Campaign Asks Women to Stage a Sex Strike Against Misogyny

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wonder if it will gather steam now that trump has brought up the idea of "punishing women for abortions"? in that thread I raise up the fact that although in the context of what it was originally for, well I could see this as being valid if the candidate was a strong supporter of anyone who was calling for stricter bans and legislation on abortion, along with all the attacks on birth control, since well, it's probably what many men would get if such legislation was passed a sorry, I don't want to become pregnant anytime soon, go entertain yourself in the bathroom! the days where women ended up having nine or ten kids during their reproductive years has been gone for so long that many don't realize that they ever existed, but well, I am afraid that women have gotten quite used to the freedom not having so many has given them and won't be so willing to give that freedom up!

but well, reading the reactions of many of the responses in this thread, along with a few other threads over the years... I have got to say that I believe that most people would not accept having their spouse come up one day and say that they have enough kids and therefore there will be no more sex in the marriage. many seem to feel that it would be grounds for divorce!

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: seeker1963

It's not fair to put it all on women. Men are equally to blame for unwanted births. Don't call them stupid while leaving the men out. They are equally as stupid. Or better yet, just don't call either of them stupid.

Exactly it takes two to tango and why is the protection a responsibility of just one? How many young men end with not enough income to live because they were young and had a kid. The choices affect both parties it is about your whole life not just 18 years either.

Birth control is not perfect, teens have a trouble thinking at all but does that mean they should have a child they didn't want and can't provide for.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: seeker1963

It's not fair to put it all on women. Men are equally to blame for unwanted births. Don't call them stupid while leaving the men out. They are equally as stupid. Or better yet, just don't call either of them stupid.

Men pay for the child whether they want it or not!

If a man is that damned stupid then they should pay!

Why don't women have the same responsibility when it comes to rutting?

Women do pay child support nowadays in many cases I know one who does but the party who is actually doing the work of raising a child already has their load to bear.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
WHY IS THIS NOT INTHE HOAX BIN?????

Because it happened.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
there's a thread on ATS here:

“Vote Trump, Get Dumped” Campaign Asks Women to Stage a Sex Strike Against Misogyny

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't think Donald is a misogynist. He hates ANYONE who goes up against him (Megyn Kelly, Rosie O'Donnell, Carly Fiorina, etc) He doesn't hate women, just the women (or men) who are strong and stand up to his bluster.

This abortion thing is a simple matter of Trump spouting off stupid things before giving them any thought, having any foresight or knowledge about political issues or the platform of the party he's running in. It's a classic Trumpism.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join