It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump call to punish women for abortions

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

So do you agree that abortions should also not be funded by tax payer money thinking along those same lines of keeping the government out? Just curious....

I'm not talking about MY view on "keeping the government out"... My point is that the people who PREACH to keep the government out of our personal lives are the first ones to jump on the bandwagon of disallowing women control of their own bodies and turning it over to the government.

My personal view on abortion or the government paying for abortion is not relevant.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Matthews might has well have asked, "If beer were made illegal, would you punish someone who drinks one?"

The answer to that would still be yes.

He was giving Trump an opportunity to show us his thinking

I'm not sure why you went to so much trouble here to make it appear as if what Trump said is adequate - and to be expected

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Not in all cases. I do not think that way. I am what my wife calls the liberal conservative she has ever met. I simply tell her that I believe in what I believe. The government is not here to tell us what to do but protect us.

In asking my question I was not baiting. I was just generally curious. Talking to people about abortion is what can kill ANY conversation anywhere. I think it is a personal issue, and moral issue the people involved deal with and there is no reason that the government should be involved. Again, I did not say in this thread I am against government funded abortion but government funded abortion as birth control. Is something is needed, again, the only person who makes and lives with the outcome would be the almost parents.

Now, listen to the whole interview. He was asked, if abortion is a crime, should a person be punished....Chris Matthews was perfect and is very good at doing what he did. He led Trump like a 8 year old to a popsicle...and Trump then had to clarify his position. I am sure Trump walked away from that saying.....Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccc

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

If all guns were illegal, would it be a crime to be found in possession of one?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

If all guns were illegal, would it be a crime to be found in possession of one?

That's not what I'm asking you

It's not as if those of us who don't support him can't hear or understand what he's saying. You're giving me a version of what he's saying that's meant for a child - and what I'm asking is - why do you feel the need to Trumpsplain?

Matthews was trying to get Trump to give us his position on abortion - not his understanding of how law works

What should the law be on abortion? That was the question as asked - should abortion be punished? I'm typing this as I'm listening...

He said some Republicans say yes - he then refuses to commit... do you believe in punishment for abortion Matthew asks - and Trump says: yes - women should be punished

I want to understand why it can't be left at that?

You want to explain it as if he doesn't mean it - but he does. It's not a gotcha question, he's not correct only technically - this is what he says he believes

So, that's fine. He's entitled to his position. His position makes some people very angry

Why try to explain it so it seems like something it's not?

:-)

edit on 3/31/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Not in all cases. I do not think that way.

Oh, I know... My point is that many do. Many so-called conservatives rail against government interference in our personal lives and then fully support it, when it's the personal life of a woman and her personal body. Freedom and "pro life" are important points in the GOP platform today. I'm not saying all conservatives are like that, or that the same doesn't happen on the left. It does. Most people are hypocritical in some way.

I didn't think you were baiting. My personal view is that if the government (through a health program) is paying for hysterectomies, pregnancy and childbirth, contraception and uterine cancer, then they should pay for abortion, too. It's an elective procedure that many people choose, just like childbirth.

If we got to pick and choose where our taxes go, there are a LOT of things I wouldn't opt to pay for. But that's not how our system works.

I think it is a personal issue, and moral issue the people involved deal with and there is no reason that the government should be involved.

I agree completely.

Now, listen to the whole interview. He was asked, if abortion is a crime, should a person be punished....Chris Matthews was perfect and is very good at doing what he did. He led Trump like a 8 year old to a popsicle...and Trump then had to clarify his position. I am sure Trump walked away from that saying.....Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccc

LOL! Exactly! I'm sure you're right about that!

And just for those who are complaining about this being a hypothetical question... YEAH! It's a hypothetical question. People ask them of potential elected leaders all the time! What's wrong with a hypothetical question?? I'm not sure, but I think Trump had said something about "banning" it previously. Well, if he legally banned it (in this idea of a Kingdom in his mind), what's he gonna do when people break the law? A perfectly logical and important question.

If Trump can't handle an interview with Chris Matthews, then HTF is he going to handle the presidency?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Not in all cases. I do not think that way.

Oh, I know... My point is that many do. Many so-called conservatives rail against government interference in our personal lives and then fully support it, when it's the personal life of a woman and her personal body. Freedom and "pro life" are important points in the GOP platform today. I'm not saying all conservatives are like that, or that the same doesn't happen on the left. It does. Most people are hypocritical in some way.

I didn't think you were baiting. My personal view is that if the government (through a health program) is paying for hysterectomies, pregnancy and childbirth, contraception and uterine cancer, then they should pay for abortion, too. It's an elective procedure that many people choose, just like childbirth.

If we got to pick and choose where our taxes go, there are a LOT of things I wouldn't opt to pay for. But that's not how our system works.

I think it is a personal issue, and moral issue the people involved deal with and there is no reason that the government should be involved.

I agree completely.

LOL! Exactly! I'm sure you're right about that!

And just for those who are complaining about this being a hypothetical question... YEAH! It's a hypothetical question. People ask them of potential elected leaders all the time! What's wrong with a hypothetical question?? I'm not sure, but I think Trump had said something about "banning" it previously. Well, if he legally banned it (in this idea of a Kingdom in his mind), what's he gonna do when people break the law? A perfectly logical and important question.

If Trump can't handle an interview with Chris Matthews, then HTF is he going to handle the presidency?

No doubt Chris Matthews trapped Trump there. However, part of the problem with the media is that he would even try. We seem to have become accustomed to vipers trying to get quotes (hypothetical or not) in order to get viewers and clicks. That's not media.
edit on 31/3/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

What is media?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
He didn't mean it you guys. Those are just direct quotes and shouldn't be interpreted the way any normal human being would interpret them.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Maybe because I am sick and tired of this level of gotcha question from the press? Let's face it. Over the course of the last week, I've heard people who dislike Trump intensely defend over the carrying on over the Lewandoski thing and now this. They don't like Trump, but they recognize the tactics and don't like them, either. That's about where I stand.

Matthews asked a complete hypothetical, something absolutely unrealistic, and he answered it in that vein.

So I asked you a similar hypothetical about guns. Why didn't you answer?

Afraid of being taken out of context?
edit on 31-3-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Maybe because I am sick and tired of this level of gotcha question from the press? Let

It wasn't a gotcha question. Do you even know what that means? This was a direct question - a very simple question - about something that is very important to almost everyone - no matter what our beliefs or positions. This man wants to lead our country - and wants our vote

If he can't (ever - as in - ever) answer a question as it's been put to him - by what stretch of the imagination should he even be considered a viable candidate? If he's not smart enough to prepare even a rehearsed political response to questions he should be expecting - how can we see him as being credible?

Matthews asked a complete hypothetical, something absolutely unrealistic, and he answered it in that vein.

How is it possible that you see that question as hypothetical? It only became hypothetical when it became clear that Trump was incapable of answering it

So I asked you a similar hypothetical about guns. Why didn't you answer?

Because Ketsuko - you don't understand what I'm asking you, and your question doesn't have anything to do with - anything

That's why

Do you understand what out of context means?

:-)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Trumps answer was so bizarre that I can't believe it wasn't scripted somehow. He knows he has lost the female vote, the minority vote and anyone who's common sense isn't Trumped by an BS ideology.

My only conclusion is that Trump is a trojan horse designed to bring down the GOP and usher in the dembs. He's doing a fantastic job.

And his supporters with their silly interpretation of what he plainly said is down right silly.

edit on 31-3-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

You're right Dawnstar. Life does appear to be very cheap these days. I did a YouTube search on "abortion" last night and ended up watching videos of people getting killed in all manner of ways. After awhile, knowing that a human life goes "poof!", just doesn't mean much, unless it's someone close to you.

If it wasn't for my Mother electing not to abort me, because abortion was illegal back then, I would be pro-choice. Our personal life experiences pretty much dictate who we are and how we vote.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

No offense or anything but if Abortion was Illegal then you're mother didn't exactly "elect" or choose not to abort you. She was being forced not to abort you by law. Had she aborted you she would have been guilty of a crime and would have faced punishment for that crime.

I feel bad for saying it like that but since you brought it up I figured it would be fine. Sorry if that offends you though.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

No offense or anything but if Abortion was Illegal then you're mother didn't exactly "elect" or choose not to abort you. She was being forced not to abort you by law. Had she aborted you she would have been guilty of a crime and would have faced punishment for that crime.

I feel bad for saying it like that but since you brought it up I figured it would be fine. Sorry if that offends you though.

No offense taken. I wasn't a student of Oprah, LOL. Didn't women use to go to Canada or Mexico to get abortions when it was illegal here? I remember reading about some who used coat hangers to murder their unborn children. Insane stuff!

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I'm not sure about the Canada/Mexico thing. But I suppose if they were legal there then many women who wanted an abortion probably would go.

Besides the coat hanger, which is just a nasty idea IMO, there are other ways women would try and induce an abortion or miscarriage on their own. Most likely because "back alley abortions" were often very dirty and unprofessional or worse. So women would attempt other methods rather than face those conditions. Plus, even the back alley ones still came with a price.

I think a lot of it comes down to the money too. Going to Canada or Mexico isn't easy either for some people. That's the thing about issues like Abortion. People say the Gov. shouldn't help pay for it and stuff like that but not everyone can afford it on their own.

I'm a man so I'm sure I don't have the full understanding of this issue either. But I imagine women would do whatever they had to if desperate enough. Some women actually would give birth and then literally throw their babies into the trash if that's what had to be done.

It's a crazy world sometimes.
edit on 31-3-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I don't think there were any cash-for-children social programs back then either. I have a couple of cousins in Milwaukee who receive nice checks each month for their children. One of my adopted sons was #8 out of his mother's womb. She was a baby making machine. Lived comfortably, got the drugs she wanted, and never had to work.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I don't think there were any cash-for-children social programs back then either. I have a couple of cousins in Milwaukee who receive nice checks each month for their children.

For what exactly??? Can you explain that one more??? Did they sell their children to someone who's making payments or something??? Are they parting them out like an old car??? I need more info just to begin to understand what you're talking about.

One of my adopted sons was #8 out of his mother's womb. She was a baby making machine. Lived comfortably, got the drugs she wanted, and never had to work.

One of your adopted sons??? How many kids have you spawned??? Was this woman your wife???

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I'm not sure about the Canada/Mexico thing. But I suppose if they were legal there then many women who wanted an abortion probably would go.

Mexico has some of strictest abortion laws in the world. If there is a threat to the mother's life 13 of their states allow abortion and in cases of rape, but rape has to be proven beyond a doubt. There are several cases of women being prosecuted because of miscarriages or still borns. Central America is predominantly Catholic and has similar abortion laws.

They have a lot of unwanted children and send them to us. Pro-lifers want us to be more like Central America so that one day we can send our unwanteds to Canada.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

They have a lot of unwanted children and send them to us. Pro-lifers want us to be more like Central America so that one day we can send our unwanteds to Canada.

Good old Religious Ideals. They've done us so much good over the years.

God's special creation. Yeah right.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join