It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump call to punish women for abortions

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Wrong. Never said situations can't be hard. When I say hard, I mean hard, not something petty like having a bad time with money. That's easy.

I haven't met one human being without mental issues. Most everyone I have met has been abused somehow at some point.

I hate the abuse against women, children, and men.

We fools are abusive people to each other, verbally, mentally, financially - that may excuse bad choices, but it will never Justify bad choices. Are you seeing the difference?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: carewemust

Yes, that's true. But Trump thinks he will be King and can ban abortion with the wave of his wand... Trump has a LOT of crazy ideas about what it means to be president... He doesn't have a clue!

What's nuts to me is that people say they're sick of smooth tongued politicians who say and promise anything to get elected. Then, when a guy who says how he feels at the moment comes along, people dump him and elect another traditional politician. To say that people are "imperfect" is an understatement.

I don't think anyone needs a smooth tongued politician..Bernie for example is anything but.

And I think people receive a politician " a guy who says how he feels at the moment comes along" quite well...

BUT...When "how he feels" determines policy for 300 million Americans...It is shocking to see that dramatically change twice in the course of 24 hours.

And maybe it is just me..But if someone if running for President of the United States...I'd like him to have given just a little bit of thought about issues, rather than wing it.

What this reflects to me is an egomaniac...by genuine diagnostic standards...he just doesn't think he needs to care about policy or issues..he can do or say as he likes...he is soon to be King...and his followers have encouraged this mental illness in supporting whatever ridiculous things he says..

In other news...
Two Major Pro-Life Groups Release Statements Denouncing Trump’s Abortion ‘Punishment’ Remarks
www.mediaite.com...

Maybe you jumped the shark a little pandering to the right wing when Pro-Life organizations are denouncing you?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

No. Sounds like you have your own, though. Responsibility is doing the right thing and the right thing is always to protect and to serve life when you have the power to do so. Secondary responsibility is the menial tasks in life.

It's very simple.

Someone with Responsibility takes responsibility for their own choices.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
umm I mentioned the lady that was thrown in jail after she fell down the stairs ...I think I was wrong, she didn't miscarry, she just fell down the stairs. she was thrown into jail because well, they thought that she threw herself down a flight of stairs just so she would miscarry!! okay, but here's some other facts about this case. she claims that she lost her balance and fell. she also states that her husband, the father of the baby, had called her shortly before she fell just to argue with her. the prosecutors used the phone call to substantiate the claim that this argument resulted in her not wanting the baby. but there is another posibility here. a women's body does some pretty odd things when it's pregnant, and well, stress can have different effects.. it increases blood pressure in even the healthiest of us, but when pregnant, one is more inclined to suffer from high blood pressure anyways... could it be that the argument on the phone was just enough to tip her over the edge, cause dizziness, and well, result in the fall down the stairs??

rewire.news...

so well, here we have a pregnant women thrown into jail for getting dizzy, and her two small children finding themselves under someone's else's care, maybe a strangers. Okay, but well, what about the careless husband who quite possibly effected the mother's health enough to cause that fall? (makes more sense that a women throwing herself down a flight of stairs, doesn't it?) na, he's free and clear!!! not a problem her, he can irratate, annoy, threaten, or try to coerce as much as he wants!!

so here we have a mother being taken away from what most pro life people think should be her number one duty....that of caring for the child..

and I mentioned about the case where the women was jailed for having an accident, which is really an pretty interesting case if one things about it... since the lady was also charge with manslaughter since two living breathing adults also died in that accident....

New York state’s highest court on Thursday rejected the manslaughter conviction of a woman who was pregnant when she crashed her car and whose baby was delivered by emergency surgery but died days later.

Prosecutors had argued that Jennifer Jorgensen was speeding, intoxicated and unbelted when she crossed into oncoming traffic in 2008 and hit another vehicle head-on, killing Robert and Mary Kelly. Jorgensen, of Long Island, was eight months pregnant at the time.

She was acquitted of manslaughter in the deaths of the Kellys but convicted of recklessly causing her daughter’s death.

But the court of appeals, in a five-to-one ruling, said the state legislature did not intend to hold a pregnant woman responsible for such harmful conduct to herself or her fetus unless it was intentional.

Her conviction was under the manslaughter statute for “recklessly” causing the death of another person. Jorgensen had been sentenced to three to nine years in prison, which was stayed pending her appeal. Now it is dismissed along with the charge.

Any imposition of criminal liability for actions of pregnant women where a child later dies from injuries suffered while in the womb needs to be clearly defined by lawmakers, Judge Eugene Pigott Jr wrote. “It should also not be left to the whim of the prosecutor.”

“Conceivably, one could find it ‘reckless’ for a pregnant woman to disregard her obstetrician’s specific orders concerning bed rest; take prescription and/or illicit drugs; shovel a walkway; engage in a contact sport; carry groceries; or disregard dietary restrictions,” Pigott wrote. “Such conduct, if it resulted in premature birth and subsequent death of the child, could result in criminal liability for the mother.”

www.theguardian.com...

this is the country women are living in now, where falling down the stairs, getting into a car accident (not sure why the charges were dropped as far as the couple that was killed, would have to look into it farther since well, my memory has already betrayed me once.) but, well, if one didn't couldn't be convicted for recklessly killing the two adults, how could you maintain that she was reckless in causing the death of the fetus, unless just hopping in the car and driving was considered reckless in the jury's eyes? and even doing the grocery shopping could be considered reckless behavior for a pregnant women...
add to that the constant attack on things like planned parenthood, the unwillingness for some companies and businesses to even write a danged statement that informs the gov't their moral convictions concerning the birth control mandate, the shoddy and dangerous treatment women who encounter problems with their pregnancy get in many hospitals in the country (those religiously based and under control of the catholic religion) and well, their refusal to participate in any way with extending birth control to women (even when the woman has a brain tumor and the doctor says the best course of treatment for her is to have the tubal done with the c-section instead of her either having to put her body into the additional stress of another operation or risk the stress of another pregnancy)....

well, I have to say ladies and gentlemen.....
IT IS BETTER TO JUST NOT HAVE THE SEX UNLESS YOU AND YOUR MATE HAVE DECIDED THAT IT'S THE RIGHT TIME TO HAVE A BABY!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Lying again. It doesn't take a religion to see that loving everyone, including the unborn, is the right thing to do.

If any women feel hated because I love babies, we live in a messed up world.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Does the government give a voice to its unborn citizens?

A fertilized egg is NOT a US citizen. An embryo is NOT a US citizen. A fetus is NOT a US citizen.

The woman carrying the fertilized egg, embryo, fetus IS an autonomous US citizen, with rights, including the right to terminate her pregnancy, within the law dictated by Roe V Wade.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
a reply to: UnBreakable

Adding words to me again are they?

If the baby is certainly going to die, then I'm not against that. If the baby will certainly live, then I am. But that's the mother's choice to choose to protect her baby's life over her own. If she can't do that, then she would make a horrible mother and isn't a decent human being in the first place. Honor and death or Shame and life? I personally would rather die in Honor protecting those I love and for my beliefs than to make someone else die to take responsibility and for me to have a useless life of shame. That's just me, though.

So let me get this straight, if a single mother dies as opposed to having an abortion where she would live, you'd rather the baby live having no mother. You must be a real hoot at parties.

I suspect he's one of those people who doesn't like women for some reason. And yes..so many anti abortionists would rather the mother dies and the child lives sans mum than a FOETUS (not a baby) gets terminated early on. And they call themselves pro life. Delusional.

Religion. It's all down to religion. The sooner we rid ourselves of this filth the sooner we can all lead better, happier lives.

And if you notice these same people who are anti-abortion but not pro-life like to play God and judge people as if they know each circumstance and the guilt leading up to such a decision of getting an abortion. These same people are the biggest hypocrits when it comes to morality in their own lives. See the preachers who are anti-gay and family values who get caught in a homosexual affair.

link   

Responsibility is doing the right thing and the right thing is always to protect and to serve life when you have the power to do so.

Says you. What about the Marine sniper in Afghanistan? What about the person sitting on a capital punishment jury, deciding the life or death of an alleged criminal?

link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Now you're lying, too. Woman are the ones with the womb. The baby will grow inside them. Therefore, like I said, I'm pro choice. Don't open your legs if you don't want babies. Women have the power of their own thoughts and bodies already. Men have a responsibility and shouldn't leave the woman with his kids to take Responsibility on her own. Some scumbags do that. They shouldn't. There are laws to make them pay. This discussion is not about the choice of the guy. Unless you concede that a man should have a right to stop an abortion by his choice? In which case I would say you're giving men more voice in this case. Interesting?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Those legal terms are designed by a scientific community and adopted into law. Legal terms do NOT define reality. Until they do, you're making things up!

A human baby is a human baby! Chicks have been known to be born from store bought eggs after incubation! You're eating a baby chicken!

You live and die in a legal fiction by your own choice. Not everyone is so easily manipulated!

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Your thoughts make no sense. You say women have power over their own thoughts and bodies except when pregnant. Men on the other hand have 100 power over their body and thoughts. That is like being 3/5 human thinking.

link   

Woman are the ones with the womb. The baby will grow inside them. Therefore, like I said, I'm pro choice. Don't open your legs if you don't want babies.

Sexual intercourse in not an implicit agreement to procreate. To deny people sexual in intimacy because they don't want to procreate comes from Victorian judgmental and prudishness. Your attitude flies in the face of your phony empathy for life.

edit on 31-3-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

link   
Abortion....LGBT rights....Racism....Sexism...these are all fringes issues. To be honest, I do not care how a candidate stands on any of these, as I call them, fringe issues. He cannot change the way the country feels. He has to lead a multi-cultural mix of madness where the smallest group, who is usually the loudest, wins.

Being Pro-Life or Pro-Choice should not affect the foreign policy of our next president so why it is important to ask. Whether they agree that transgender bathroom are legal does not matter. If the KKK or NBPP want to endorse a candidate...who cares. This is still America, right?

A place where freedom of choice and expression exist as long as it fits the MSM narrative of the world. To be very honest, I am tired of hearing the name Donald Trump. Why? Because it is never about his policies. He tries to talk about them. He tried his past week with Anderson Cooper but the first question was about his campaign manager. I mean, did you see what Donald did folks? He changed the news narrative. 2 days ago all anyone could talk about is Corey and now it is punishable abortions...

link   

None of what you said has anything at all to do with this discussion. It's basic human rights. You don't need religion to see this.

But I daresay, if you don't have any faith it experience, you're liable to fall for any world view, fantasy or not. We are hard wired to be predisposed to world views. Better to find something that grounds you to reality than to live in the fictional universe where you don't have to take responsibility for your actions.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

a reply to: InTheLight

Wrong. Never said situations can't be hard. When I say hard, I mean hard, not something petty like having a bad time with money. That's easy.

I haven't met one human being without mental issues. Most everyone I have met has been abused somehow at some point.

I hate the abuse against women, children, and men.

We fools are abusive people to each other, verbally, mentally, financially - that may excuse bad choices, but it will never Justify bad choices. Are you seeing the difference?

So you are admitting that you have mental issues and abuse perpetrated upon you since I assume you are including yourself in your blanket statements of the human condition. That explains your warped, uncompromising, judgemental view of abortion.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The title of this thread is total propaganda. When did Trump "call for" anything? He was asked a hypothetical question and gave a logical answer in response.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Woman are the ones with the womb. The baby will grow inside them. Therefore, like I said, I'm pro choice. Don't open your legs if you don't want babies.

Sexual intercourse in not an implicit agreement to procreate. To deny people sexual in intimacy because they don't want to procreate comes from Victorian judgmental and prudishness. Your attitude flies in the face of your phony empathy for life.

Yeah, screw responsibility. Just do whatever you want despite the consequences because "prudish".

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Those legal terms are designed by a scientific community and adopted into law. Legal terms do NOT define reality. Until they do, you're making things up!

You like calling people who call you out "liars".

A fertilized egg is NOT a US citizen. An embryo is NOT a US citizen. A fetus is NOT a US citizen.

From the US Constitution:

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

A human baby is a human baby!

A fertilized egg is NOT a baby. An embryo is NOT a baby. A fetus is NOT a baby.

edit on 31-3-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

link   

Adding words to me again are they?

If the baby is certainly going to die, then I'm not against that. If the baby will certainly live, then I am. But that's the mother's choice to choose to protect her baby's life over her own. If she can't do that, then she would make a horrible mother and isn't a decent human being in the first place. Honor and death or Shame and life? I personally would rather die in Honor protecting those I love and for my beliefs than to make someone else die to take responsibility and for me to have a useless life of shame. That's just me, though.

really?? a horrible mother??? a mother who is looking at her two kids, knowing that if she wasn't there, there would be noone around to care for them and they'd end up in foster homes is a horrible mother if she doesn't risk her life, and possibly disrupts the lives of those two kids to the point of doing severe damage is a terrible mother??? really???
strange, I kind of see a women in that position as being rather cowardly really, unable to live with the heartbreak of losing a possibility and willing to die to escape that heartbreak instead of living with it for the sake of her living breathing, reality children!!!

but that's just me...

now, if you were to have some punk kid come into your house to rob you blind, would you be willing to kill said punk kid to protect the money you had so your living breathing kids could have a roof over their heads and food on their table!!

or well support a war a half a world away against those evil terrorists that are hell bent on killing americans somewhere, destroy the country's economy , and well prevent you from living your life the way you want.

I've listened to trump enough to know that he is!!! oh, ya, he's pro-life (susposedly, maybe he just wants enough people to think he is to get the nomination), but well, when it comes to protecting his own, well, he's willing to kill thousands if not millions!!!

link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Are you blind? If you have sex, you might get pregnant! That is totally YOUR choice. It is also totally the man's choice. Due to nature, the consequences of those choices are different. So you have to think of your Responsibility differently than a man. But it is still totally your responsibility. Once you've made that choice, you've accepted what nature you are and the nature of your man.

If you are that ignorant going in that those things do not occur to you, then that is also by choice. These things are very very simple.

A woman being able to get pregnant is as much a course of nature as a man not being able to. We all have to deal with that.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join