It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Campaign Manager Corey Lewandowski, Arrested, Charged With Battery

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
CNBC - Trump campaign manager arrested, charged with battery of reporter

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's campaign manager was arrested in Florida on Tuesday and charged with simple battery, police records show. The report from the Jupiter Police Department said Corey Lewandowski was charged for intentionally grabbing and bruising the arm of Michelle Fields, a former reporter for the conservative news outlet Breitbart, against her will at a Trump campaign event on March 8.

This is just breaking, I'll update with additional details in a moment. There's apparently a new video with a different angle of the incident that I'll try to track down and embed.

EDIT:

Here's the video released by the Jupiter police department. Unfortunately the frame rate is terrible but you can clearly see Lewandowski grab the then Breitbart reporter in contradiction to his claims.

edit on 2016-3-29 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Looks like the establishment is getting desperate.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Just saw it on CNN, and i still fail to see anything worthy of a criminal charge. I'd go to a jury if it were me regardless of the uncertainty of outcome.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This and a former trump super pac?>

TPTB are busy on Donald Trump today

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

WOW, I hope she realizes its a crime to file false report. Why wait? Why are they just now arresting him. Seems very suspicious. When he has his day in court they will parade in about 10 USSS agents that will testify that nothing happened.

+19 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Desperate?

Grabbing a woman's arm so hard she bruises is desperate.

But hey, I digress - you beat me to it, DJ Spin Doctor. It's amazing how quickly you guys come to the aide of anything-Trump and how "it's the media/establishment."

God forbid we practice such things as personal responsibility and liability for our actions - and seriously, who in their right mind would even THINK of suggesting that is men should be able to carry ourselves in a demeanor that absolutely disavows such actions as harming/putting ones hands on a woman?

*Gasp!* I must be a politically correct princess! My grandfather (who served in WWII) was the first man in my life to tell me about how a man NEVER puts his hands on a woman, you just don't - period.

But I digress, for the crowd will surely be along to ensure us that "it's only a bruise, man - it's not that bad!," which I just don't buy. Beating your kid by applying water-torture, yet leaving no physical marks, is still torture.

What is so intrinsically wrong with people that they cannot live amongst one another without resorting to violence? And in this case - why can a MAN not prevent himself from instigating physical altercation with a woman? Are you that much of a nut-less prude that you must pick on woman?

This dudes name is Corey, and my name is Cory. I'm calling you out, bro. You want to be a man and put your hands on a woman, Corey? Come try it on me you douchebag.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
You've got to be kidding me. I saw those videos numerous times and didn't see anything more than Corey pushing her back so he could get ahead!

That Michelle Williams is some actress to cry on Fox News about her terrible experience.

Oh wait...She actually has a father in the Hollywood entertainment industry and even had bit parts in a couple of films, one of them being The House Bunny.

ETA: She claimed during interviews that she was yanked down and lost her balance, almost falling down. This OP's video shows NOTHING like that happening!
edit on 29-3-2016 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Seems TPTB are getting very nervous. GOOD!

link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

From what I've read, she originally simply asked for an apology which she didn't receive. Then Breitbart senior editor-at-large, Joel B. Pollak, updated his story to cast doubt on whether it was indeed Corey Lewandowski:

Given the similarity in appearance between Lewandowski and the security official, and given the fact that Lewandowski was walking on the other side of Trump from where Fields was at the time, the possibility of mistaken identity cannot be ruled out. Indeed, given Lewandowski’s adamant denials (coupled with statements inappropriately impugning Fields’s character), it is the likeliest explanation.

Yeah, totally the establishment getting desperate.

edit on 2016-3-29 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
link   
I see Lewandowski reach out to halt Fields from continuing an interview with his candidate. I don't see an intent to harm on any video of the incident including this one. Perhaps Fields' ego was more bruised than her arm...

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

What should I be seeing in that video?

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
In all fairness, please tell me where she was hurt "worse than when her father died'. This performance would not even get you a free throw in the NBA and he is charged with battery?

I am not sticking up for anyone here but, cmon, this is a bit ridiculous. There is NOTHING in that video that shows battery. He did not even acknowledge her. I could see if he stopped her, there were words, and then moved on. That is interaction. This is simply pushing past someone. So, next time you are on the subway do not bump someone...you could be arrested.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Another Trump Thread ? .... come on people this is getting boring

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
And trump says he doesn't encourage violence at his rally's.a reply to: theantediluvian

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

What should I be seeing in that video?

This is all you need to see, only frame I could find with his hand even near her.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Obviously, they have to take down the man behind Trump's success.

Shameful.
edit on 29-3-2016 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Do you Trump supporters know that you live in a bubble? You surround yourself online strictly with likeminded people, which is to say loudmouthed contrarians, and convinced yourselves that this is how the majority think. Oblivious to the fact that the majority of people find him distasteful at the very least. Nominate him, please. Guarantee a Democratic president in 2017.

(post by Sandy Vagina removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

Here's the photo:

Here's Lewandowski calling her delusional and lying (as we can definitively see now):

And of course Trump accusing her of making it up:

"This was, in my opinion, made up," Trump told CNN after Thursday night's Republican debate. "Everybody said nothing happened. Perhaps she made the story up. I think that's what happened."

I'm not sure how you would see intent to harm. Can you imagine if some jerk grabbed your wife's arm and left a bruise let alone took to Twitter to call her delusional and a front-running presidential candidate called her a liar on national television?

I think you might be a little less forgiving?

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Monger

Do you Trump supporters know that you live in a bubble? You surround yourself online strictly with likeminded people, which is to say loudmouthed contrarians, and convinced yourselves that this is how the majority think. Oblivious to the fact that the majority of people find him distasteful at the very least. Nominate him, please. Guarantee a Democratic president in 2017.

Do you Trump haters know that you live in a bubble? You surround yourself online strictly with likeminded people, which is to say wimpy appoligist and convinced yourselves that this is how the majority think. Oblivious to the fact that the majority of people find him tasteful and "Our kinda Change". PLEASE, nominate him!!!! Guarantee Billary goes DOWN!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join