It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim shopkeeper headstomped and stabbed to death in Glasgow after wishing for a happy easter

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
a reply to: nonspecific

Inciting such hatred against people who follow the islamic faith in the West is exactly what they want. The more and more they feel unwelcome, the greater the numbers who will turn to radicalism, and the more radicals the more soldiers they have for their Jihad.

Oh Ok then.

Goodnight.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The point of this thread seems to have been lost.

Here it is again: Muslim shopkeeper headstomped and stabbed to death in Glasgow after wishing for a happy easter.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: grainofsand

I think your experience of scousers is rather limited to the news.

Lol, no, my closest and most trusted long time real-life friend is from Toxteth.

But be that as it may, the facts are simple. Being stomped (stamped on the head) is the action of a person who has hatred in his heart or mind.

Absolutely agreed, and my point stands, there are many people who will do that in the UK.
In my regular geographical 'travelling' parts of the UK I could easily get myself stabbed and/or stomped in housing estates from Plymouth to Exeter, Bristol, Newport, Cardiff and Swansea if I wanted to.
There are many violent places and violent people in the UK, and statistically the overwhelming majority of beatings, kickings, stompings, stabbings, are from people who are not Islamic extremists.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Toxteth here, Liverpool 8, beautiful place to live, edgy though, as the modern kids say. I am not disagreeing with what you say here, I was just disagreeing with the point you made to that poster.

I do not think that a person would be stabbed and stomped on without a motive, and that motive was as good as any.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Here it is again: Muslim shopkeeper headstomped and stabbed to death in Glasgow after wishing for a happy easter.

Or..Muslin shopkeeper headstomped and stabbed to death after going to the cash and carry, restocking his shelves, going for a swim at the local baths, spending 2 hours at a callanetics class then filled in for Brian Johnson as lead vocalist with AC/DC....

He could have done a multitude of things yesterday. Why fixate on the well wishes he sent.?

Is there a definite link to the well wishing and him being murdered.?

Has someone admitted this was why he was Murdered.?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Or..Muslin shopkeeper headstomped and stabbed to death after going to the cash and carry, restocking his shelves, going for a swim at the local baths, spending 2 hours at a callanetics class then filled in for Brian Johnson as lead vocalist with AC/DC....

He could have done a multitude of things yesterday. Why fixate on the well wishes he sent.?

I absolutely agree with everything you posted above.
The Islamic extremist speculation is strong in this thread.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Good points, and points that must be addressed. Here is the thing: The man was murdered, that is a fact. He was murdered brutally, also a fact.

The rest of the story is simply finding out why.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
Well... Seems fellow Muslims don't like a fellow Muslim being nice to fellow Christians. Intolerance of religious tolerance.

Police said both Mr Shah and the arrested man were Muslims.

A 32-year-old man has been arrested after a Glasgow shopkeeper was killed in what Police Scotland are treating as a "religiously prejudiced" attack.

Source from the BBC Scotland

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Well... Seems fellow Muslims don't like a fellow Muslim being nice to fellow Christians. Intolerance of religious tolerance.

A 32-year-old man has been arrested after a Glasgow shopkeeper was killed in what Police Scotland are treating as a "religiously prejudiced" attack.

Well that's it then I guess. Inter-Muslim sectarian violence in Scotland resulting in a brutal death.
What a sad precedent. I hope it is not indicative of the future.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

I absolutely agree with everything you posted above.
The Islamic extremist speculation is strong in this thread.

I know a good few Pakistani Muslims. I used to work for one.

His Brother did 5 years for being concerned in the selling of hash. Caught with a van load. Another got 3 years for trying to bring in loads of hooky fags (Cigarettes to you Americans) into the UK from abroad.

They all go to the mosque. Not because they are devout Muslim, but because it's good for Business, £££... and it looks bad for the family if they dont. BTW they all like a Drink now and then.

Some people get the impression that being a Muslim in the UK, well Scotland anyway is the same as being in one of them nutty jihadist groups in the middle east...So far from the truth it's unreal.

Would some of them kick a man to death over a business transaction gone wrong..? too right they would. Maybe someone in the Muslim community was trying to pull a protection racket. It could be something as simple as that.

Trust me. The Muslim community, tight knit as it may be, Has it's fair share of Gangsters and criminals who Drink, Smoke, Gamble, cheat on their misses and are not scared to muscle out the competition, then go pray it off.

Just like the white guy who goes to church on a Sunday as if they are pillars of the community then batters his wife because his football team lost.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Well that's it then I guess. Inter-Muslim sectarian violence in Scotland resulting in a brutal death.
What a sad precedent. I hope it is not indicative of the future.

This is the same link that i posted Earlier. We'll see what's what once the charges are brought.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I did not make out my kid is an angel because he isnt, I said at the moment, he is only 8 year old so not exactly a rebellious teen and no I am not saying to cart off a teen who makes one mistake and I think you know dam well I am not.

I am talking about the real low lifes like in my neck of the woods. 15 year old now 16. Been up in front of Youth Courts 40 times. Drives stolen cars at 15. Sells drugs and is stoned daily. Lights joint along with mates in front of PCSO and shouts "look at me I'm smoking a joint what are you going to f'ckin do about it. Has windows in family house put through 4 times by mob with hammers and knives. Final visit from men in balaclavas with guns because he was on a kidnap list. Armed Police from Tactical Unit called in. Next day house firebombed and family moved out.

Seen him and 15 druggie mates driving stolen BMW the other day he is 16. Just come back out of Young Offenders for 7th time.

There are many like this in Manchester.

He is being taken against his will each time he goes to Police Cells and Young Offenders. It isnt doing any good, his behaviour isnt improving, nor his friends who carry out burglaries and terrorise residents.

Yes if my son got in with a crowd like this I would prefer for him to be detained against his will and shown a different world of real hardship and to break him away from negative friends, rather than keep being detained anyway with no improvement.a reply to: nonspecific

edit on 25-3-2016 by anxiouswens because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

We agree again.
I've got twatted with 'Muslim' lads before now in Malaysian villages where the call to prayer was heard outside after going through the night and they went off to pretend their faith, because they had to. We'd party all night but they only did drugs other than alcohol because the Mosque crowd would smell the booze.

This image of all Muslim's being devout is ridiculous. Loads of them are just going through the motions to keep their parents/elders etc happy.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

This image of all Muslim's being devout is ridiculous. Loads of them are just going through the motions to keep their parents/elders etc happy.

I think that you could make a thread about this. I agree with the premise.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I think that you could make a thread about this. I agree with the premise.

If I'm up for the thread management/replies which would be required for such a controversial thread then I'll start it. How about you, or solo? You both obviously have similar experience of mates faking the Muslim card as I have.

On topic again though, the poor chap in the OP clearly was a man of faith, and one who was loving and tolerant of other faiths as well.
Pity for society to lose someone like that.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

For such a hot topic I don't have the time. It would be an enormous thread if done right. I said I don't have the time, that was a lie. I am not sure I could take all the idiocy and anger. I couldn't do it, fact.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

where the call to prayer was heard outside after going through the night and they went off to pretend their faith, because they had to.

Sadly, that is the problem.

Muslims cannot just renounce their faith, or choose to become something else. In the UK they can be ostracised by their communities and women can be bullied and harassed for the "dishonour", and sometimes worse. In Muslim countries there's the small problem of it being a serious criminal offence often punishable by death. It's called apostasy.

Am I glad I live in a secular and advanced society, where medieval punishments and thought were left behind in the Middle Ages.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

It's not so many decades ago that many UK folk were frowned at for not attending church on Sunday, or stores prevented from opening for trade.
Many 'Muslims' of the younger generation are just pretending to believe, certainly more than those who would kill non believers of the 'wrong' sect of Islam.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
i,ve not had time to read all posts but from the pic i,ve saw of the crowd holding a vigil for him he was a well liked local shopkeeper and for him to die in that way from what it looks like was him just giving out the love to his local community is beyond believe.

i saw one post saying it was probably some ned and bet they wish they could take that back cause i tell you now,my local muslim shop any ned who knows him would do anything to protect him,hes that well liked it would be like someone hurting your family.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

How do we know they were Christian? A real Christian would never murder someone for saying that. It's counter to everything the Bible teaches.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join