It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim shopkeeper headstomped and stabbed to death in Glasgow after wishing for a happy easter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
My dad did National Service. Helped build orphanages etc. He was a true gent and a gentle giant. He believed it should be bought back for the scumbags at 16 and 17 who just want to be a nuisance to society. It would get them away from friends and area, show them real poverty if they were sent to places like Africa to build schools etc and would also teach them vital life skills and trade skills. My dad believed it saved him from going down the wrong road as he lost his mother very young and had a hard childhood. He said it would bring out the men in some of the yobs if they had to sleep in desert with just a sleeping bag etc.

Being allowed to hang around all day causing trouble and taking drugs isnt workjng. Time to try something else. Magistrates just give them a slapped wrist. My sister was a Magistrate for 10 years and said you see same people week after week and the court's hands are tied and the youths know it..a reply to: nonspecific

edit on 25-3-2016 by anxiouswens because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
My dad did National Service. Helped build orphanages etc. He was a true gent and a gentle giant. He believed it should be bought back for the scumbags at 16 and 17 who just want to be a nuisance to society. It would get them away from friends and area, show them real poverty if they were sent to places like Africa to buikd schiols etc and would also teach them vutal life skills and trade skills.

Being allowed to hang around all day causing trouble and taking drugs isnt workjng. Time to try something else. Magistrates just give them a slapped wrist.a reply to: nonspecific

But is not National service mandatory?
The army is a pretty brutal organisation from my understanding of it?

Would you really want your child to be forced into doing whatever the government thought was appropriate for 2 years when only 16 years old?

If they tried to put my son through that without his consent I would fight to the death to prevent it.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

...let's just say I don't think many people will be surprised if it turns out to be a pair of zealous islamists.

I won't be surprised if it turns out to be non-Muslims who just want to keep the flames of hatred burning high and bright. Can't have Muslims and Christians actually getting along and wishing others well...

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Arrest after shopkeeper dies.

Police Scotland said the death was currently being treated as "religiously prejudiced".

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

No one knows what happened here, so people need to stfu and stop making accusations about who was responsible or their motivations for this attack.

The fact that so many are instantly jumping to the conclusion that Muslims did this shows their own ignorance.

It's just as plausible that far-right c**ts did this.
It's just as plausible that this was a robbery gone wrong.
It's just as plausible that there was no motive at all, just some drunk or drugged up thugs.

Until you know, stfu.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

But for someone who believes blasphemy has just occured against his prophet and god (how dare he tell people to follow the footsteps of Jesus Christ and Not our Beloved Prophet Mohammed?!)

Yeah, how dare a Muslim want to live like the Holy Jesus Christ, the revered Islamic Prophet.

Where do you get your information from?
Glenn Beck?

Er, maybe you can explain then why Christians are persecuted throughout the Middle East?

I know Jesus is an Islamic Prophet, that doesn't mean he holds the same level of respect as Mohammed. If that was the case, like you are trying insinuate, then why are Christians being butchered en masse in the middle east. I mean, they are only worshipping the, what did you say? "revered Islamic Prophet"? Odd.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I dont mean for every 16 year old. I mean for the ones who wont go to college and refuse to find work and keep repeatedly reoffending.

Would I want my son to do National Service Yes I would if he was as above, I would prefer him to see real hardship, take him away from bad influences and learn some sort of trade.

Hopefully, my son will carry on as he is a decent boy with morals and good work ethic but yes if he goes down a slippery slope I would prefer this than the alternative of becoming a thug in and out of prison or heroin addict I can honestly say I would

I dont mean fighting by the way but cooking, building, community work in the forces.

Question I wonder what tge parents of the teenagers who stabbed thr woman in Kent would prefer for their sons? A life behind bars for murder or my suggestion to stop it ever coming to that.a reply to: nonspecific

edit on 25-3-2016 by anxiouswens because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Police Scotland said the death was currently being treated as "religiously prejudiced".

Let's face it Solo, the neds that hassle and call any other ethnic groups 'Paki's' would just as easily turn on anyone. There is a lot of anti Muslim sentiment from the 'neds', but that is just another outlet for their hate and gives them something in common to demonise.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I dont mean for every 16 year old. I mean for the ones whi wont go to college and refuse to find work and keep repeatedly reoffending.

nonspecific

Yeah, that's gonna a work innit.

Why dont we just take all the crazy youths with crazy criminal pasts from a early age. Train them up for a few months, get them as fit as a fiddle then give them a gun to play with...What could possibly go wrong.?

The Army takes all sorts and turns them into efficiently train killers.....or chefs.

Arseholes need not apply.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

No one knows what happened here, so people need to stfu and stop making accusations about who was responsible or their motivations for this attack.

The fact that so many are instantly jumping to the conclusion that Muslims did this shows their own ignorance.

It's just as plausible that far-right c**ts did this.
It's just as plausible that this was a robbery gone wrong.
It's just as plausible that there was no motive at all, just some drunk or drugged up thugs.

Until you know, stfu.

Man, I just wish the same courtesy could be extended in other cases, like in the US when it was insinuated that White radicals in the US burned down a Mosque when it turned out a Muslim did it to try and prove something.

The same people on this board that are saying I am wrong to hypothesize radical Muslims did this to a well-liked, peaceful, Muslim are the EXACT same types of people that would automatically assume that a Mosque that gets burned down was arson. It's hypocrisy at it's finest and it's always funny to watch them squirm and thrown tantrums when people like me play their exact game back at them. Except most of the time what I say is true.

Also, why is everyone getting upset at the fact that I think this is RADICAL Muslims that may have done this. There is a difference between RADICAL Muslims and moderate Muslims like Mr. Shah here. It's not Mr. Shah that I talk about, he is not radical, quite the opposite in fact. It is the RADICAL ELEMENT of Islam that is an exceptional problem. Why is it so hard to differentiate between the two?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

Let's face it Solo, the neds that hassle and call any other ethnic groups 'Paki's' would just as easily turn on anyone. There is a lot of anti Muslim sentiment from the 'neds', but that is just another outlet for their hate and gives them something in common to demonise.

Religious intolerance in west central Scotland...Who knew. ?

The Irish were relived when the Pakistanis started to settle here...Took the heat off old paddy for a bit.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
If you read my post I said community work not fighting. My dad never fired a gun when he did National Service ge was involved in community projects.a reply to: Soloprotocol

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
UPDATE:

Just went back to the article. A suspect has been apprehended, a 32 year old man that Police have confirmed was in fact Muslim.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

"Police confirmed that all those involved in the investigation were Muslim"

EDIT: I'm going to get something to eat. I'll be back in a bit to see what all of you who discredited my theory have to say about it.

edit on 25-3-2016 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

If you read my post I said community work not fighting. My dad never fired a gun when he did National Service ge was involved in community projects.a reply to: Soloprotocol

You sure he did national service and not a stretch in the custody of Her majesty the Queen...simple mistake to make. Both got the same employer.

Honestly never heard of anyone doing 2 years national service and never getting to make bang bang at some point.

Then again, National service was over before i was born and never really asked anyone other than my uncle who did his in Germany and Northern Ireland before it all went tetas up.
edit on 25-3-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: FamCore

I honestly think it's more likely some hateful sickos who wanted to kill a Muslim because of their ignorance and mental illness issues.

Why are more and more folk on ATS starting to use 'mental health issues' in response to crimes committed through hatred.
Is this becoming the new 21st century excuse now?!
I know some right horrible bastards, no mental health problems, just nasty horrible scum who were raised by nasty horrible scum.

...I suppose it is warmer and cozier to excuse them under the 'mental health' banner, but I think it does people with genuine mental health conditions a disservice.

Well, I think that people capable of this are both.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I have just realised, after talking to my niece, that I know the gentleman who was murdered. A small man, very spiritual, in fact the last time I saw him he shook my hand and gave me a small pamphlet on spirituality. Always smiling, soft spoken and the last person in the world you would expect to suffer such an assault.

Regards the 'who's got my money' comment, seems pretty crass and petty.

edit on 25-3-2016 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Persecuted by whom?

You mean ISIS...
Who persecute anybody...
Including Muslims...
Who revere Muhammad & Jesus (pbut)...

Stop it man, you're falling short of rational.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

Not just the Neds mate. I hear it from pensioners as well on a regular basis.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
UPDATE:

Just went back to the article. A suspect has been apprehended, a 32 year old man that Police have confirmed was in fact Muslim.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

"Police confirmed that all those involved in the investigation were Muslim"

EDIT: I'm going to get something to eat. I'll be back in a bit to see what all of you who discredited my theory have to say about it.

The Daily Fail....still not sure exactly what happened. If in case the perpetrator is Muslim, are you expecting a prize?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
I'll be back in a bit to see what all of you who discredited my theory have to say about it.

I just say I'm genuinely surprised, no big deal. The poor man's death is equally as senseless and tragic.
Arrests are different to convictions though so wait and see I guess, although it is unusual for UK police to state a suspects religion. Maybe to avoid further community tension?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join