It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim shopkeeper headstomped and stabbed to death in Glasgow after wishing for a happy easter

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

Well, I was wrong and I'd have lost my bet.

This saddens me even more.

If it had been some bonehead, baghead ned or junkie then it would be down to the sheer ignorance and / or sheer evilness.

That this was Muslim killing Muslim just because the guy showed tolerance and compassion towards others is really beyond me.
For once I'm really struggling to express exactly what I feel.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: chuck258

Persecuted by whom?

You mean ISIS...
Who persecute anybody...
Including Muslims...
Who revere Muhammad & Jesus (pbut)...

Stop it man, you're falling short of rational.

I know you didn't ask me the question but Christians have been leaving the middle east for quite some time due to oppression way before ISIS came to be. In the early 1900's the Christian population in the middle east was 14% it's now down to at least 4% in 2015 (granted some of those Christians have left because of economic reason that might not have to do with discrimination). I'm pretty sure that in a couple of Muslim Gulf Arab states Christians are being locked up for proselytizing which doesn't happen with Muslims (Christians can even be killed), Christians have a harder time building Churches than Muslims do mosques, and Christians may only worship in places with special licences. Even in countries like Indonesia (a country that is praised a lot of the time of religious tolerance even though they still do some horrible things to Atheists and 30% of the population support killing those who leave Islam) deals with very troubling persecution (granted not nearly as much as the vast majority of other Muslim dominated countries).

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Just to update rather than start a new thread... This may help clear up some of the stuff so far in this thread.

The man accused of murdering Glasgow shopkeeper Asad Shah has issued a statement saying he carried out the killing because he believed Mr Shah had "disrespected" Islam.

BBC Source - Asad Shah death: Man admits killing shopkeeper because he 'disrespected' Islam

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Religious nut, I wish our justice system was harsher than it is.
A decent man who preached tolerance and understanding is killed, yet the psycho nut killer is likely to end up chilling with his nut jihadi types in a prison wing on the taxpayers expense.
I'm generally against the death sentence because you can't bring a life back on appeal, but when they admit cold blooded killing, same as the Lee Rigby killers, I say keep them in 24 hour solitary, no human contact, and leave a handy rope in the cell with a small step ladder and a strong hook on the ceiling.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The man who was killed was an Ahmadi Muslim.

Ahmadi's are a distinctly separate branch of Islam who, even though they are closer in belief to Sunni's than Shia's, are still nonetheless persecuted and discriminated against by many fundamentalist Muslims.

en.wikipedia.org...

Tanveer Ahmed, who is accused of killing the shopkeeper, freely admits to the crime in a letter released by his lawyer. He is a Sunni who believes Ahmadi's are kaffirs and non-believers and that

"Asad Shah disrespected the messenger of Islam the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him. Mr Shah claimed to be a Prophet."

www.bbc.co.uk...
www.bbc.co.uk...

In reply to the killers letter leading Ahmadiyya Muslims have asked leading Sunni and Shia leaders to condemn the murder.

"We urge all religious bodies, especially Muslim leaders and Imams, to come out in public to condemn this statement made by Tanveer Ahmed, so that all Muslims know this is never acceptable in Islam.

"This will go a long way to help eliminate all extremists."

Let's wait and see how mainstream Sunni and Shia leaders respond to this request.

edit on 7/4/16 by Freeborn because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
In reply to the killers letter leading Ahmaidiyya Muslims have asked leading Sunni and Shia leaders to condemn the murder.

I bet that the Sunni and Shia leaders are out-to-lunch.

The different denomination in Islam just like killing each other. If there's anything worse than man hating man, it's man hating man because God told them it's OK.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join