It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim shopkeeper headstomped and stabbed to death in Glasgow after wishing for a happy easter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Not much more than the topic title says. Just yesterday, a very well known and liked Muslim shopkeeper was stabbed to death in Glasgow after wishing Christians a good Good Friday and Happy Easter. After he was stabbed, one of the two murderers also stomped on his head. So far, suspects have not been apprehended. While we have no proof who the perps were . . . . let's just say I don't think many people will be surprised if it turns out to be a pair of zealous islamists. Of course people are stabbed to death every day, but the timing and content of his facebook message warrant scrutiny.

Let's hope the perps are caught and made an example of. Under normal circumstances this would usually be seen as a rallying cause for the truly peaceful Muslim to protest and stand against members of their religion who pervert their holy texts as justifications for violence. But with the sheer brutality Islamic Extremists have been known to show, I unfortunately don't know if this will be the case. It's simply to dangerous for them to speak out.

Discuss. As always, keep it civil. I wanted to bring this even to the forefront to show ATS the continual barbarity of Muslim Extremists (I won't call these guys terrorists, as I don't think political influence was part of their goal). I think this goes to show as well that even if a small minority (1% or less) would be willing to act out (and I think even that is a small number), that they are not the only problem. The problem is the other percentage that will do acts like this. Maybe the two that stabbed this poor man wouldn't be the ones to make bombs and put them on busses, but that doesn't make them less dangerous.
edit on 25-3-2016 by chuck258 because: Geography
edit on 25-3-2016 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2016 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
Just yesterday, a very well known and liked Muslim shopkeeper was stabbed to death in Glasglow after wishing England a good Good Friday and Easter.
Sorry to be pedantic but he wished 'his beloved Christian nation' happy Easter, not England.

Thoughts to the family and friends, certainly some scumbag folk walk the streets of the UK unfortunately, I hope they are caught and face justice.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

let's just say I don't think many people will be surprised if it turns out to be a pair of zealous islamists.

OP, you have obviously not spent much time in Glasgow.

Most of your OP seems to imply this was the work of radical Isalmists now while that is a possibility the more likely perps where what we like to call "junikies" or "neds", just basically scum of the earth type people who often commit crimes like this. Other than that it may have been a race related attack which also sadly happens.

I think the prospect of this being the work of his fellow Muslims is quite low on the list of possible motivations.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The acts of ISIS across Europe are highlighted with our media, yet they always seem to small print the acts of western military and western backed forces across the rest of the globe. If the motive behind this was racial, the media is feeding the right-wing scum who carried this action out. Racists don't need much encouragement

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Sickening. Poor guy and his family/friends. It's disgusting that people are able to murder people. As for what type of murderous psychopaths they were, my guess would lean more toward anti-Muslim psychopaths, stupid enough to target a good guy, rather than targeting extremists (I mean, if you're going to kill, at least kill bad people) - though I wouldn't be surprised either way.

And either way, evil, twisted scumbags killed a person who sounds like he was a good man.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I honestly think it's more likely some hateful sickos who wanted to kill a Muslim because of their ignorance and mental illness issues.

Sad to hear news like this, it doesn't sound like the man who was killed even did anything wrong. Some sick people out there.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
You might want to change the heading Glasgow isnt in England it is Scotland. Glasgow has high unemployment and poverty. This could be low life youths carrying out a robbery but is being portrayed as a race crime for propaganda purposes.

The news I saw said he was stabbed and didnt mention his head being stomped on.

It could also be connected to a young girl found just this week murdered and the man who has just been arrested owned a deli shopa reply to: chuck258

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
If someone did this because this well-known and liked shopkeeper wished the country a Happy Easter, that is pure evil with a big dose of radical extremist psychosis caused by fanaticism.

Too bad he didn't have a gun under the counter to protect himself and take these p's-o-s out before they had a chance to kill him.
edit on 25-3-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I just watched a video of the Muslim shopkeeper and his address was not in English...
Was this message conveyed elsewhere in English?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I honestly think it's more likely some hateful sickos who wanted to kill a Muslim because of their ignorance and mental illness issues.

Why are more and more folk on ATS starting to use 'mental health issues' in response to crimes committed through hatred.
Is this becoming the new 21st century excuse now?!
I know some right horrible bastards, no mental health problems, just nasty horrible scum who were raised by nasty horrible scum.

...I suppose it is warmer and cozier to excuse them under the 'mental health' banner, but I think it does people with genuine mental health conditions a disservice.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
OP if your going to create a thread, at least try and get the facts right in your thread title at the very least.
You completely got the wrong country, Glasgow is in Scotland not England and both countries are part of Great Britain and the UK.

Horrible story and it's more likely to have been a hate crime perpetuated by weegie scum than anything else. Hopefully they find the scum responsible and send them away for a long time.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

You are so right. I think there are mentally ill people, and then there are evil people that have a fanatical hatred bred from religious fanaticism that creates a psychosis. These people have got to be weeded out and removed.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

A truly disgusting and inexcusably, horrific and needless murder.

My heart goes out to his family and friends.

I hope his killers are caught swiftly and punished accordingly.

Just a minor point; as others have pointed put he had wished his 'beloved Christian nation' best Easter greetings and the killing occurred in Glasgow which is actually in Scotland and not England.

edit on 25/3/16 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I am not really sure of what to make of your reasoning in this.

Given that you seem to have gotten the wrong country entirely, seem to know very little about the city in which this happened and have taken it upon yourself to simply assume that the attackers are Muslims then I think the best course of action for me is to leave it at that.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Absolutely, and there are also scum people who will stab you for £5 because they find it so easy to dehumanise others.
It seems society is trying to excuse such folk as if they are victims of mental health issues more and more these days.
Some people are just scum, and I imagine the folk who killed that poor chap are just that.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

You are quite correct, too many people are quick to 'explain' these sort of acts as a result of some sort of mental illness.

That is an exceptionally poor and usually incorrect excuse that only serves to further alienate those with genuine mental illnesses from the community as a whole.

They are nothing but pond life scum who deserve to be treat as such.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Is a psychosis not a mental illness though?

I agree with grainofsand that by saying it is a mental issue it could be said that it is excusing their actions it could also be said that you would have to be mentally unstable to randomly stab someone and stamp on their head.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
My money's on a couple of neds. ..but until more info comes out we shan't really know.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

"No idea who murdered him but let's just assume it was Muslims."

Oh. Okay.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Is a psychosis not a mental illness though?

Of course, but I'd bet my life that these killers were not suffering a clinically diagnosed psychotic episode when they killed that poor chap, just hatred and rage.

I agree with grainofsand that by saying it is a mental issue it could be said that it is excusing their actions it could also be said that you would have to be mentally unstable to randomly stab someone and stamp on their head.

Or just horrible bastards who find it easy to dehumanise others and fail to control their rage/hatred towards others.
Mental health problems, meh, just scum who don't give a #.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join