It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof: Advanced Ancient Indian Civilization existed

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
Aetiology
The main causes of prameha (diabetes) are lack of exercise and improper food habits in excess food intake which falls in the category of ushna, snigdha and guru are the primal cause of this disease – fish, curd are good examples.

Putting it as plainly as possible, the above is simply not the case. Fish and curd do not cause diabetes.

How can you be certain they dont contribute? The Ayurveda consider all food to be biochemical and just as they classify people and disease according to the three factors: vatta, kapah and vatta, they classify food in exactly the same way. The principle they operate on is like increases like, so if you a vatta disorder(such as anxiety disorders)(too much vatta) foods that have a high level of vata will be curtailed in your diet e.g., cold salads. They happen to be right foods do contain different chemicals and elicit different effects on our body.

It is expected that an ancient system such as this would treat this sort of disease with diet (and magical oils that probably do some good in most cases.)

However, were I to follow this course of treatment my life would be cut short so, thanks but no thanks.

Harte

Is it expected an ancient system would give such a precise classification system based on scientific observation? There is no magic involved here, the drugs and oils are all prepared using chemical means, with a stronger emphasis on herbal formulations. The ancient Ayurvedic know exactly what Diabetes is, how it is formed, and what factors are involved in its production and have provided treatment in accordance with precise scientific observation. And it works.

If you really do have diabetes you should check up on Ayurveda and diabetes which might be able to cure it for you. I think one would have to be very silly if they suffered from a major disease, and there is a possible cure, but they don't even investigate it.

I will provide more clinical studies to show just how many major diseases can be treated by Ayurveda, which cannot be treated by allopathic medicine - which by the way encourages dependency on drugs and keeps its companies going.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

More evidence of Ayurveda's high efficacy in curing diabetes:

Ayurveda ‘holds promise’ to cure diabetes
Dec 08, 2007 at 0056 hrs IST

www.indianexpress.com...

Sassoon General Hospital’s six-month trial on the use of ayurvedic treatment to control diabetes has provided a ray of hope. In what can be termed as a breakthrough of sorts, a majority of diabetic patients in the clinical trial showed relief of symptoms in just two months of ayurvedic treatment, while one diabetic patient successfully managed on ayurvedic treatment without insulin.

The clinical trial on 63 patients was undertaken to find out the effect of ayurvedic treatment on diabetic patients. Around 46 patients (73 per cent) responded to ayurvedic diabetic treatment, where a statistically significant difference was found in the blood sugar levels. One out of 14 Type 1 diabetic patient successfully managed on ayurvedic treatment without insulin, while nine patients of Type 1 diabetes (those requiring insulin) showed reduction in the dosage of insulin from 35 units to 21.6 units.

Dr Sarita Gaikwad, Head of the Department of Ayurved, Sassoon General Hospital, told The Indian Express that a majority of patients showed relief. The effect of the ayurvedic diabetic therapy was more pronounced in patients with Type 2 diabetes (those not requiring insulin). Allopathic drugs were completely stopped in 19 patients, whereas in 14 patients the dosage was reduced after 180 days of treatment. While 43 participants in the study were males, there were two children below 10 years. The average age group was 31 and above.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Indigo_Child, another great post and thanks for the information

Peace
Fio

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Basicly what the treatment says is herbs and a healthier living? No wonder that helps, compared to say stuffing yourself with 10 bars of chocalate. Doubt it cures it though.

But what is it supposed to mean? Globally, the ancients had a ton of such knowledge. Some of the medicinal methods they used still inspire (and surprise) us today.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Keep up the good work indigo.

This is a wonderful thread that you have got here.

The search for truth should never end.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Great work Indigo child.. your posts were so informative.. fully support your views and quest for truth.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Amazed to see that there are guys here who claim "Vimana" means a temple roof-top but not an aircraft and hence they can claim to have conclusively proved falsity of all things written in Mahabharat.
People with a superficial knowledge, or people with western knowledge of things oriental are usually the people who keep truth from coming out. At least they try there best to pursue others to not have an open mind. It seems that when it comes to ancient civilizations, modern science becomes a religion and it's fans become priests. That's very sad!

A vimana means an aircraft, as well as a temple roof-top.
There is no language called "Hindu".

If you don't believe high tech could have existed in times of Mahabharat, that is also a belief.
Some people make it a point to mention some facts from hindu scriptures to prove the brahminical society had many bad customs (probably true, every society has some problems). However, the same people refuse to accept anything positive written in those scriptures.

So, if you take a paragraph from a scripture to be true, you must take the entire scripture true. If you think one para is false then you must call the entire thing false. Accepting or rejecting selective things is just that, being selective (hypocrisy). Don't do that, that way you will be hiding the truth from yourself.
Also, since none of us was present at the time these scriptures were written, don't claim to anything, that is just your pride, you know that...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by duncanidaho
I am going to direct the focus to this site:

www.watcherwebsite.com...

There is ample evidence and the problem is how are the masses going to handle the information.

I guess your definition of "ample" is roughly a thimble full.
As for the masses, they will ignore you.

Please! If there really had been advanced technological societies before our own the evidence would be as abundant as modern landfills. The unearthing of technically advanced artifacts would be so common place that nobody could keep it a secret.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
not necessarily. high tech item have a very low half-life of survivability outside of controlled environments. Bury a laptop for five years and see what comes out, much less try to access any of it memory.

technology has to be built durable, and we don't do that. Our technology is not hardened for much of anything - my own laptop, which never comes out in the daylight, has had keys pop off, a motherboard warp, and other such things. Now, if I exposed it to the out of doors on top of this, I would probably have a dead lump of electronics by now.

Ayurveda is millenia old, and it works. God knows, I didn't want to believe it when I worked for one company, but it does. And the principles are sound, too. Food as medicine is a wonderful idea, and truth to be told, if people listened and ate fresh and not so much meat (meat decays rapidly, even once its ingested, so it can cause some issues) and drank less alcohol and more water, with a little exercise (some soccer with the kids) everyone would have less depression, less body fat, and more fun and smiles.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MagoSA

Think glass, brick, ceramic, cut gems - last tens, hundreds and even millions of years - not to mention violation of the soil - the sediments remember. As do pollens and chemicals in lake sediments.

No sign of "advanced" civilizations - but we can find plenty of evidence of ancient man during the same period...........

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by MagoSA

Think glass, brick, ceramic, cut gems - last tens, hundreds and even millions of years - not to mention violation of the soil - the sediments remember. As do pollens and chemicals in lake sediments.

No sign of "advanced" civilizations - but we can find plenty of evidence of ancient man during the same period...........

you sound like an archaeologist there.
while you may not be, i have to say, i dont think there's any point in having a discussion with an archaeologist, they're all irrational as far as i can tell. im so sick of the know all cynicism and ridicule these people use, it's time to give some back.

its patently obvious that the vedic texts are talking about ancient aircraft and weapons. they are talking about gods that came from the stars. i.e. aliens. its patently obvious they had very advanced astronomical knowledge which they had no need of - like the sumerians- unless they were space travellers.

and if anything interesting like a ufo was found, i dont think you would be allowed to assist in the excavations anymore, unless you were cia connected. nor would you be allowed to tell anyone about it, assuming you did find something. if they cover up modern ufo sightings you can bet they cover up the ancient stuff too.

what's your explanation for the libyan desert glass? Actually i dont think i can be bothered. sorry but im getting really sick of the skeptics and debunkers on threads like this. there is so much stuff out there - and its so obvious; that the continual attempted 'debunkings' are just boring.

no signs of advanced civilizations on earth??? have you LOOKED at ollantaytambo, sacsayhuaman, the great pyramid, the osireion, baalbeck???? if you have looked, then you havent seen what should be obvious to anyone. somebody was quite advanced back in the days. the evidence is staring you in the face.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MagoSA

not necessarily. high tech item have a very low half-life of survivability outside of controlled environments. Bury a laptop for five years and see what comes out, much less try to access any of it memory.

The laptop after five years will still be in pretty good condition, might need a new battery though. And as far as reading the hard drive, unless you plan on dragging a magnet over it for the next five years, the data will be, for the most part, in tact. There may be some data loss du to the slight demagnetization of the hard drive but that depends on the weather conditions it was subjected to. The plastic casing does help to some degree protect it from some of the elements, water will still get in, so it will need to be allowed to dry completely before using, even so some components might be slightly corroded, but again this depends on the weather conditions for those five years.

Now if you are talking 10 to 20 years, than if the hard drive is cleaned in a clean environment, usually consisting of a vacuum chamber, you would only need the correct software to access any files that remained intact and not erased during demagnetization of the hard drive. The longer it stays buried the less chance of data recovery there will be, but it would still be recognizable as a non natural buried thing for some time.

technology has to be built durable, and we don't do that. Our technology is not hardened for much of anything - my own laptop, which never comes out in the daylight, has had keys pop off, a motherboard warp, and other such things. Now, if I exposed it to the out of doors on top of this, I would probably have a dead lump of electronics by now.

You should really think of getting a better laptop, I had an old Tandy from the late 80’s early 90’s that still worked fine that I recently donated to a computer school as an example of early laptops. It had no keys popping off it, no motherboard warp. It had wear use, got used all the time, until I upgraded. It had worn keas and a yellowing of the case, but other than that it operated just like it did from the factory. My mid to late 90’s think pad was no exception, I had it till I got my current laptop, only retired it because of it’s non upgrade capabilities. My father still uses it for menial tasks, it still works as well as it did from the factory.

All this being said, a millennia from now would there be anything left, I can not be 100 percent certain, I don’t think anyone can. I would think that possibly the older CRT displays would have some remnants around, especially since the landfills are full of them. LCD and plasma, I would think would be less likely to survive, but I could be wrong, as for as the hard drives, most likely, over time they would rust and disintegrate. The gold wiring used in many electronics would most likely survive long after the applications they were used in vanished; leaving questions for future generations as to what the gold was used for.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

amazing thread

i have seen older postings by you

i am amazed by the number of documents you quote and
the number of webpages that you are able to offer in the
context of sanskrit based literature and the civilizations
that are talked about

in particular, the stranger grammar of the 4 Vedas are
mentioned in several posts and the fact that in current
day we have yet to understand that grammar, logic,
methodology, content, underlying meaning, etc is to
be understood rather than 'believed'

i am looking at facts, events, scientific, mathematical
findings, recordings and trying to make sense out of
the huge repository of seemingly confusing writings,
events, stories, myths, statements

i do have a question - what exactly is YOUR mission ?

does it support my effort to make sense out of seemingly
confusing, contradicting statements spread over the
normally 'religious' kind of books, scriptures ?

with tons of respect for your enormous efforts and patience
in explaining 'proof'

yours truly

peekay

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by pksharma

in support of the subject line :
from the webpage : www.eswaraindia.org...

which gives details about lecture on :

VEDAS AND COMPUTERS
by Shri. RVSS Avadhanulu,
Deputy Director(Computers)
Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences
Hyderabad

... Mimamsa Nyaya Prakasa.

It was noticed that several scientific aspects of computer software are embedded in Vedas and Sastras almost in the same form.

The approach of compilers in translating the statements of computer languages is found to closely follow the approach of Mimamsa in its Vakyartha vicarana.

It is also observed that certain aspects, which are well established in Mimamsa are not yet implemented in computers. The work on Vedas and Computers is a humble beginning in the direction of highlighting the parallels of both the systems and exploring the utility of Vedic system for furtherance of modern computer technology.

(note : this gentleman is not a journalist ! he is Dy.Director(Computers)
of a reputable University in Hyderabad .. the city which is next only to Bangalore in matters of Information Technology )

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

on the same webpage is another lecture .. again by a learned modern
Dr.Laxmi (not by any journalist, newspaper source)

she delivered a lecture on "VEDIC ECOLOGY"

she says among other things :

"When we talk of ecology what immediately comes to the mind is the modern science of ecology, which is among the youngest of modern sciences. Contrary to this, Vedic ecology is one of the oldest sciences and in practice for several millennia. "

in these days of global warming concerns and carbon credits .. and with the west (particularly usa) coming under crtical attacks for environmental destruction, this 'advanced' stage of vedic ecology knowledge should be understood, studied and learnt from

why waste time in trying to remain ignorant and refusing to open our eyes to that which is good for us ?

[edit on 28-7-2009 by pksharma]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

first read this :

Responding to Critics:

Some critics have claimed that this series is anti-Western. Our response is that it is in everyone's best interest to have a truly global education system in which all cultures' contributions and merits are celebrated. This necessitates demolishing false notions of history promulgated by the colonizers.

Others who are deeply brainwashed in India phobia might find it convenient to dismiss this book series as “Hindutva”, “right-wing fundamentalist”, and so forth. This is completely baseless since Indian science is not about any particular religion. It is the heritage of every Indian, regardless of faith or lack thereof. Just as Newtonian laws are not Christian and Einstein's relativity theory is not a Jewish science, so also the scientific discoveries of Indians are independent of their faiths.

NOW goto :

www.indianscience.org...

20 volumes are sure to contain a 'few' concepts which will
be of use to a person

ignore at the risk of depriving yourself from simple information :-)

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a small sample of the detail to which mental analysis has been applied :

Quoting John Grimes´Concise Dictionary of Indian Philosophy, According to Nyāya, there are sixteen categories, viz.: means of valid knowledge (pramāṇa), object of valid knowledge (prameya), doubt (saṁśaya), purpose (prayojana), instances (dṛṣṭānta), established conclusion (siddhānta), members of a syllogism (avayava), ruductio ad absurdum (tarka), arguing (jalpa), decisive knowledge (nirṇaya), arguing for truth (vāda), mere destructive argument (vitaṇḍā), fallacious reasons (hervābhāsa), quibbling (chala), spacious and unavailable objections (jāti), and vulnerable points (nigraha-sthāna).
SGMKJ, Paulo Lyra

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I'm a bit new to this party, and haven't waded through all the responses. At the risk of sounding like a jerk, I need ot ask if it's been addressed that the Vymanika Shastra is not in fact an ancient Sanskrit text, but is a channeled text from the early 20th century?

I just want to make sure no one jumping into this thread with no forehand knowledge thinks it was part of the original Sanskrit epics, or dug up in an old dusty urn.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
OP, you are on the right track.

Lots of people trying to intellectualize this to death.

Archaeologists have already dated some of the ancient Harrapan cities to around 30,000 y.a. Yes, I'm in the field.

But this has caused such a stir that it gets shoved down with all the other discoveries that science and historians have a hard time even considering - mostly because they've written their books and spent their lives research proclaiming something and they really don't want to be wrong. Egos get in the way in academia all the time. Good books to see what I'm talking about is Forbidden History and Forbidden Archaeology.

It is difficult for many, not just scientists/historians, to accept that advanced cultures existed far before our own because we are so attached to our creation and/or evolutionary stories. And then the big question is, "What happened to previously advanced civilizations?" The answers are also hard for them to accept.

It's good to you what you are doing, OP. The more people open their minds to the possibilities, the faster the truth can be uncovered for us all.

As soon as you say, "It's not possible" - you have ended your learning, your mind has closed.

But if you say "Anything is possible" - you open your mind to explore new pathways.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Amazingly great read

A great thanks from me.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join