It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist, why are you so offended at anothers display of faith?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

The Bolshevik revolution was an atheistic movement.

Indeed. Another misguided faith in falsities and fantasy. They focused their herd belief to the state.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Someone got offended by a cross being built and they had to drive pass it?

Talk about a stupid thing to complain about.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
As an agnostic, I am not offended at another's display of faith. I might secretly roll my eyes when I hear someone praise God for that great parking space they just got, but it doesn't offend me. I might whisper "oh brother" to myself when I see facebook posts saying "type amen if you love Jesus" but it doesn't offend me.

What DOES offend me is when religious people want to change the world to run according to the tenets of their faith.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Religion is a sick joke used by the "controllers" since time immemorial to control and enslave mankind.....
Athiests see the faith based activity as an expression of human ignorance...

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Klassified

You practice of Sophism is rather evading.

No evasion necessary. The same questions you asked apply equally to the one asking the questions. But in your mind, you are right and anyone who does not believe as you do is wrong. So you are blind to your own hypocrisy.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
the OP is not about wars or other atrocities caused by people of faith.

We are not living in the past and those who do have no future.

I am simply wanting to hear why Some Atheist (not like Terrydon79) get offended at another's display of faith.

please try and stay on track.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

What you have done is a philosophy called Sophism. It is an act not necessary in this discussion.

I am not saying I am right and never did.

I am wondering why Atheist who possess such volumes of intellect get offended at another's the showing of faith?
edit on 18-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I am simply wanting to hear why Some Atheist (not like Terrydon79) get offended at another's display of faith.

A suicide bombing isn't a display of faith?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

A whole bunch of Christians got offended by an atheist billboard, because they had to drive "pass" it.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

So faith in itself does not necessarily result in atrocities, more like human nature.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

A whole bunch of Christians got offended by an atheist billboard, because they had to drive "pass" it.

I didn't hear about that. But surely a cross is just a display and the atheist billboard would more likely mock or demean religion?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

the OP is not about wars or other atrocities caused by people of faith.

We are not living in the past and those who do have no future.

As I said earlier I do not get offended but I can if not careful get very angry when someone keeps on banging on about scripture and so forth and tries to make it relevant to the modern world.

I have on occasion lost my temper in frustration with those of faith.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

What you have done is a philosophy called Sophism. It is an act not necessary in this discussion.

I am not saying I am right and never did.

I am wondering why Atheist who possess such volumes of intellect get offended at another's the showing of faith?

In your opinion it is unnecessary, because it puts a spotlight on Christian/religious hypocrisy, and their narrow, legalistic mindset. imho.
edit on 3/18/2016 by Klassified because: their not the

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Why do Christians get offended when Satanists want to put on displays? Seriously, your question is rather useless since there are people of all religious beliefs that get offended for people displaying beliefs other than theirs. And if you want to keep track, Christians are FAR worse with it than atheists could ever hope to be.

For instance, the mere act of asking Christians to recognize other religious displays around Christmas time has been annually labeled "the war on Christmas" despite there not actually being an attempt to stop Christians from honoring Christmas.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

No one said it was logical now did we.

I have at time been offended by Atheist. But recently I have come to understand their position and they like me have that right to exercise their position.

The thing again is this.

Why would an Atheist go out of their way to counter people of faith if they are more enlightened than those whom they oppose?

I know why the religious do as they do it is usually mandated in their text to share and proselytise.

But is there a mandate the Atheist should do the same a the religious?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

I didn't hear about that. But surely a cross is just a display and the atheist billboard would more likely mock or demean religion?

Surely you are wrong and narrow-minded about atheists...

Turns out some locals were very unhappy by that message even though it was aimed at non-religious people:

Link

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Offence at different faiths is not in this discussion. it is one of no faith and one of faith being offended at one another.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

So faith in itself does not necessarily result in atrocities, more like human nature.

That's not quite true or you and I would be beholden to that same human nature, given that we are human. I'm sure a faith in eternal reward and paradise has a lot to do with it.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope
I have faith in eternal reward and paradise, and I assure you I am not a killer. So faith cannot be made the scapegoat for human volition.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Of course people are offended when one group attacks another. Who wouldn't be it happens in every area of life.

But what I have come to see in Atheist is a highly processed and unique mind and you would think that they would find better things to do than be offended at crosses, pictures, plaques, nativity scenes and other religious displays.

The groups you link to specifically is one of those militaristic atheist site that purposely group like minded Atheist to join in the front to fight people of faith purposely and religiously.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join