It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama dismayed by the Vulgarity,violence of Campaign.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
... but the right-wing has been adamant that the only "racists" left are the racial minorities themselves ... which is patent BS.

Nope. It's not the "racial minorities", it's the race-baiters such as Obama, Sharpton, etc., who are using race as a means of division. The same old faces who turn up every time a black thug gets shot, but are nowhere to be seen when it's a white thug getting shot. Yes, that's right, "white thug", because they exist as well. To normal folk, the important word in that sentence is "thug" - it's the thugs we don't like, and normal people recognise that thugs come in every size, shape, colour, and creed.

Then you get people, and this seems especially prevalent on the left for some reason, who insist on judging the deceased based on the colour of their skin, not the content of their character. Everything becomes about their race instead of their conduct.

Best of all, those same people making judgments based on skintone, then somehow hold it up as evidence of not being racist.

It's the usual conservative position to hold everyone to the same standard. It doesn't matter what shade of white or brown you are, we were all born with a brain and no one in a first world country has an excuse not to use it. That doesn't mean everyone has to have a degree and wear a tie to their 9-5 dayjob, but it means everyone should have at least enough common sense to not do things that get you shot, like... attacking other people. Charging down police officers. Bashing people's head into the ground. That kind of thing.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Did anything I wrote indicate that I specified a specific "race" that was being offended, or that any "race" in particular was somehow guilty of allowing themselves to be goaded?

No.

That's an assumption upon your part, one which unfortunately is unfounded and not true.

It's ironic when a minority group wants to stand up for themselves, to organize and say "enough is enough" .... it's somehow inciting a "race war". What are these people supposed to do, say "Please sir, may I have some more?" ala Tiny Tim from a Christmas Carol?

I'm sure the answer is: "Well they should act like this, be like that, do this and should, should, should...!" Don't we "should" all over one another enough? We're all covered in should from everyone squatting and taking big, fat "should's" on people. It's easy to point fingers and tell other show to behave and act when you're comfortably on the other side of the fence, defending your own position that's not quite in line with the other group's.
edit on 16-3-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
It's ironic when a minority group wants to stand up for themselves, to organize and say "enough is enough" .... it's somehow inciting a "race war".

They're not the group that's the problem. They're also not the group that's inciting the race war.

Nice work drowning out their objectives by lumping them all together, though. Can't let them have their own mouthpiece, can we? Need to make sure that only BLM are allowed to speak out for all black people. If you think the people driving BLM are good guys saying "enough is enough" then I'm sorry to tell you, but you are very much mistaken. Or willfully blind. Or maybe complicit. I don't know why you're wrong (and don't particularly care why either) but you're definitely wrong.

Edited to add: forgot to address this point.

What are these people supposed to do

The genuine ones? Keep doing what they're doing. Keep being a voice, keep looking to be heard, don't let BLM and the like take over their voice or drown them out. Don't let liberals and leftists marginalise or ignore them because they're not giving the "approved" message.

The groups who are trying to speak out about the real problems have my ears and my support. The groups building mini-shrines to thugs cut down in the prime of thug-life... not so much.
edit on Ev12WednesdayWednesdayAmerica/ChicagoWed, 16 Mar 2016 12:12:14 -05007582016b by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I see, so you don't like BLM. That's fine, as you are 100% entitled to your opinion. I'm sure you think that there are other ways the message they try to push could be spread.

I'm willing to bet that if the tables were reversed and white people were being harassed, shot, or imprisoned by a more influential demographic you'd be all about doing whatever you could...

These days it's considered a weakness to try and see the world through another's eyes. We're seeing more and more of this:

Who cares, right? They're not me anyway. I'm on the right side of things, my TV, friends and family all agree with me -- that means most people do too. Why would I want to try to imagine what it's like being those people? Bah, waste of time! They hate me, so they're a threat! I don't care why they feel the way they do, all I care about is reacting, not understanding!

And it's not about only one group having a mouthpiece, it's about the condemnation of a group that's saying things and standing for things you don't want to hear/agree with.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

So it's racist when a black man points out racial injustice?

So any time a black person mentions or points out racial inequality it's somehow feeding into a race war? This is some really backwards-ass thinking.

You are basically saying minorities should shut up and put up.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Did anyone run a more race baiting campaign than Obummer himself?

And he talked about using guns, just like Trump. But the lefty media loves Obummer, so it's OK when he does it. Trump though, well he's just a violent thug.

Chozick, June 13, 2008: He [Obama] warned that the general election campaign could get ugly. “They’re going to try to scare people. They’re going to try to say that ‘that Obama is a scary guy,’ ” he said. A donor yelled out a deep accented “Don’t give in!” “I won’t but that sounded pretty scary. You’re a tough guy,” Obama said. “If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” Obama said. “Because from what I understand folks in Philly like a good brawl. I’ve seen Eagles fans.”

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: Gryphon66

You just whined about people who dislike Obama, and then in the same sentence whined yourself about Trump.

Nice.
An Award for you for Authenticity!

... and now you're whining about me.

You deserve this award more than I do.

Here, take two:

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

1. Do you speak for "the right-wing"?

2. So, race-baiters, i.e. anyone who discusses the matter of race relations in this country that you don't like. Gotcha.

3. Why don't you turn up when a "white thug" gets shot then? If you feel so strongly about it.

4. Ah "normal" folk ... and you're obviously the spokeman for that group as well?

5. LOL ... right, the conservative position to hold everyone to the same standard. Like the one that some are holding Mr. Trump to then? Sorry, that's a joke.

6. I'm sorry, you wandered off into your own theoretical realm there at the end; do you have practical real-world examples of your comments?

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: roaland
a reply to: eluryh22
a reply to: RadioRobert

How is Obama any more divisive than Trump? Serious question. I just want to understand this mania.

I honestly can't see how Obama has been such an evil president, think about it 8 years ago Obama haters were saying we would all be Islamic communists by now after going through another great depression and standing in bread lines. all presidents are pretty much snakes that pass laws under the cover of darkness and sign unfavorable trade deals and what not. there will always be people that will blame the last president for everything, remember g.w.bush?

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
"He's coming for our guns!" Nope.

"He's going to declare martial law and make himself dictator!" Nope.

"He's a secret Muslim and he's going to declare the US part of the Caliphate!" Nope.

"He's going to crash the economy worse than Bush did!" Nope.

Etc. etc. etc.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

"He's coming for our guns!"

Yep see over 75 years of gun control.

See the NFA Act of 1934

See the Gun Control Act of 1968.

See the CLinton 'Assault Weapons' Ban in 1993.

See the Brady Handgun 'Prevention' Act in 1994.

See the FeinStein Trash that got shot down.

President Obama’s 2015 Executive Actions on Gun Control

FACT SHEET: New Executive Actions to Reduce Gun Violence and Make Our Communities Safer

Keep making excuse for 'LEFT' wing FASCISTS.

By the way ?

ALL gun control violate the second,fourth, and 14th amendments.

The rest deal with DUE PROCESS, and CRIMES be proven in courts of LAW.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
The greatest deception of 2008...

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

No, it is racist when a white person does. Racism? There was no racism 10 years ago. There was ignorance. All people from all races will contain some people who like no one else. To think the current administration has not set back 'race' relations would be delusional though. What has happened is white people are afraid to say anything because they will be labeled racist..if they do not agree. That is backward-ass....

We have a mixed race president with an Islamic name. Take you racism and stick it....the hole country....if you want unity you have to preach unity. Obama does not do that. He tells me as a US citizen to embrace Islam and his DOJ threatens to arrest people days after a shooting of over a dozen people. Yeah, remember that terror attack on US soil that no one talks about since Trump is in the news. Again, a sigh of relief of Obama is Trump.

I do not see that at these rallies. I hear a lot of vulgarities and vulgar signs.

edit on 03am31amf0000002016-03-17T09:26:43-05:000943 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on 03am31amf0000002016-03-17T09:27:31-05:000931 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
"He's coming for our guns!" Nope.

"He's going to declare martial law and make himself dictator!" Nope.

"He's a secret Muslim and he's going to declare the US part of the Caliphate!" Nope.

"He's going to crash the economy worse than Bush did!" Nope.

Etc. etc. etc.

LMAO Yessss!!!!

Don't forget put all of them in FEMA camps!

I legit had my uncle go on a rant Monday and it was hilarious. He and my aunt were living in the FL keys but they're on their way to live in Nevada because he was afraid the bridge would be blown up and Obama would declare martial law...like wtf?! But I'm sure you can guess the candidate he's supporting now.

He is seriously ready for a d*man fight, but he's not afraid of nobody!

This election will be "interesting" for sure.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Yes coming from the divider and chief ignorant pos

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Well, maybe he should talk to these guys...

Link

TOP BLACK LIVES MATTER ACTIVIST: ‘WE WILL INCITE RIOTS EVERYWHERE IF TRUMP WINS’ "Dear white people...niggas such as myself are fully hell bent on inciting riots everywhere we go"

then he said....

He followed up with another promise: “Trump wins aint no more rules fammo. We’ve been too nice as is.”

So, my response to that should be "oh, you poor entitled black man...please riot..." or should I make sure I am armed? Which one is most 'non-racist'?

You see, things like this stir up racial prejudice more than Trump.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

So, my response to that should be "oh, you poor entitled black man...please riot..."

You're racist. Like many Trump supporters... you want violence.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96 so what just the rambling of a lame duck who thought he was great eagle. i wonder if he foing back to represent slum lords in shy town when he gets out of office oh wait they are the gun violence capital of america even with their super strict gun law. but i digress he has no real say accept to nominate a new supreme court justice

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
While your post is as entertaining as ever I would disagree.

Obama has always seemed cool & composed I can't even remember a time when he raised his voice.
Considering the level of ignorance & disrespect he's had to endure from the rabble of this country I would say he's damn near unflappable.

I understand some peoples complaint though, I've heard people say that it sounds like Obama talks down to them.
Though I'm sure they were people who appreciate being spoken to with a fourth grade mentality like the Trump supporters prefer.

K~

He as Our Potus has Talked Down to Me and my Fellow Americans for 7 PLUS Years now.
He Has Absolutely done Nothing for America.
Except Stir Race Wars and Hate Toward My Fellow Americans.
I'm A Vet Who Proudly Served this Good old USA.
Not for an ASS like OBAMA but For My Fellow Americans.
He Needs to Shut the Hell Up and Leave Our House.
Which He So Concitedly Called His.
The End is Near.
Get Out You Killer of the American Spirit.

LOL Kinda like an EXORCISM

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: neo96

Reminder: Obama said many years ago, "If they bring a knife, we bring a gun."

He (along with his wife and Holder) did his best to stir up a small scale race war...

But NOW he gets upset.

What a turd.

Only people that are easily offended can be offended and pushed into a "race war". Obama doesn't cast some magical mind-control spell over people causing them to act poorly and racist.

How about people take some personal responsibility for their hate, and admit they just want an excuse to be racist?

Ie; no one "makes" you do anything. We, as adults, always have a choice on how we react and what emotions we allow ourselves to feel. It's called being a mature adult.

I agree With what you have Written but also Disagree
Obama has Pushed and People Responded.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join