posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 06:30 PM
Personally, I’m fed up with the attitude coming from the GOP these days. Their obssessive hatred for Obama, the obstructionist tactics and outright
sabotage of anything/everything associated with Obama (regardless of merit), the ugly disrespect, slander and defamation toward a sitting President,
the outrageous conspiracy theories, accusations and insinuations about the President and his family, the kangaroo courts (Congressional hearings)
conducted with a lynchmob mentality, and the attempts to derail matters of foreign policy and international relations, etc., etc., etc.,... The GOP is
running this nation into the ground. You guys lost the last general election, so get the f*ck over it.
Unlike Obama’s predecessor, Obama has actually done something. What he inherited from George Dubya was a country teetering on financial collapse,
losing jobs at the rate of 800,000 per month, with unemployment soaring to double digits, and 2 raging wars placed on the credit card. With Obama’s
leadership we somehow survived an imminent depression, the unemployment rate has fallen to under 5%, General Motors was saved and thrives once again.
Whether you like it or not, we’re a lot better off today than when Obama took office.
Here’s a short list of a few things Obama has accomplished. It’s by no means a complete list, and could be many times longer:
1. The Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, makes it illegal for employers to pay unequal wages to men and women who perform equal work.
2. The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, providing hundreds of billions of dollars into infrastructure, research and job creation.
3. Saved the American auto industry and its hundreds of thousands of jobs from disappearing by preventing Chrysler and GM from going bankrupt.
4. Overturned Bush Administration restrictions on federal funding for stem cell research.
5. The Matthew Shepard Act, expands hate crime definitions to include gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability.
6. Set a new record of consecutive months of private sector job growth. The old record was set by Bill Clinton (another Democrat). The Obama
Administration has seen many times the number of jobs created than during both terms of George Dubya.
7. The Credit Card Bill of Rights, outlaws hidden fees and deceptive lending practices from credit card companies.
8. The Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell Repeal Act, allows gay soldiers to serve openly in the United States military.
9. Student loan reform, significantly expands access to affordable government loans and Pell Grants for college.
10. The Affordable Care Act. Whether you like it or not, it has been quite successful. Eat your heart out GOP. Boo hoo...
11. New START Treaty, to reduce by half the nuclear missile stockpiles of Russia and the United States.
12. Overturned the Bush Administration “global gag rule,” allowing American aid to international health organizations who provide family planning,
including abortion counseling.
13. The Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Act, which dramatically expands federal efforts into finding a cure for paralysis, as well as increasing
support for care and rehabilitation.
14. Removed combat troops from Iraq.
15. Appointed Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court, the first Latina to ever serve on the bench.
16. Children’s Health Insurance Reauthorization Act, which provides health care to 11 million children who live in poverty.
17. The Food Safety Modernization Act, for the first time gives the FDA a mandate to prevent, rather than simply respond to, contamination of the food
18. Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, which overhauls the financial markets to prevent another economic crisis and establishes a new
consumer protection bureau.
19. Killed pirates, in particular three Somali pirates who were holding an American ship hostage in 2009.
20. Killed Osama bin Laden, who had taken America hostage and killed 3,000 Americans in Sep 2001.
21. The stock market has recovered from the near disaster set into place by George Dubya and has reached record highs.
22. The unemployment rate has fallen to a level below 5%. Now Corporate America needs to address low wages.
23. Obama spear-headed the nuclear deal with Iran, no thanks to the GOP-led Do Nothing Congress. This deal was approved by the other major powers on
this planet, as well.
The above is only a fraction of the accomplishments of this president. It’s actually incredible, considering the obstruction coming from the DO
NOTHING Republican Congress. The only record this Congress can claim is that of being the least productive Congress in modern times. And that’s not
an opinion - it’s a fact.
I shudder to think of the condition this country would find itself in with a Republican (Trump) in charge.
I decided a long time ago that the only explanation for the endless obstructionism and attempts to sabotage President Obama’s agenda is deeply
rooted in racism. Having the first black president was just too much for many Americans to handle. Deny it all you want, but your words and deeds are
telling. It’s so blatantly obvious, your denials come as an insult to everyone’s intelligence.
Vote Donald Trump for President - gray matter not required