It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocker: The Real Gordon Gekko Just Endorsed Bernie Sanders

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Shocker: The Real Gordon Gekko Just Endorsed Bernie Sanders

HA! Yay!!!

Gordon "Greed is Good" Gekko remains an enduring symbol of Wall Street greed, corporate lawlessness and 1980s excess. That’s why it’s pretty surprising that the guy on whom the Wall Street [movie] character was based—former corporate raider Asher Edelman—says Bernie Sanders is the strongest presidential candidate. Appearing on CNBC’s "Fast Money" this morning, Edelman responded immediately when asked who he thought the best candidate for the economy would be.

“Bernie Sanders,” Edelman said, without missing a beat. “No question."

Some of you might be thinking, "PFFFFfftttt.."
Some might not know who Gordon Gekko is or what the story is about.....

"Bernie is the only person out there who I think is talking at all about both fiscal stimulation and banking rules that will get the banks to begin to generate lending again as opposed to speculation. So from an economic point of view, it’s straightforward.”

You all, dear readers, members, and lurkers, would do well to pay attention to this.

The article is very brief, but the guy has endorsed Bernie as the most electable, the most savvy, and the most pertinent individual running for POTUS.

I don't know how to link non-Youtube vids - but the linked article above has one......
if anyone can help post it for viewing, that would be awesome.

Last night, Bernie SMOKED Hillary in a Miami debate. He is going to take Florida.
He has the Latinos - he has the working class (including African Americans in the rust belt) - he has many, many people backing him.
He is the ONLY person running who is worthy of our trust, our confidence, and our votes, in my opinion.

What is your position, ATS?

Even Warren Buffet has said (consistently for years) "tax me more". Even Donald Trump talks about off-shoring and stupid trade-pacts, too.....which rhetoric I like very much.
I see a common ground expanding here....
Anyone else?

edit on 3/10/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

It's very interesting actually, especially knowing Gecko's formerly dubious greed.

And his argument in the article regarding velocity of money makes some sense, though I think it leaves out many factors, for instance that someone in the bottom 40% spending 100% of their money might not be nearly enough as someone in the top 10% spending 10% of their income.

Very interesting.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

for instance that someone in the bottom 40% spending 100% of their money might not be nearly enough as someone in the top 10% spending 10% of their income.

The point is how the bottom 40% don't have the opportunity to 'invest in Wall Street'. It takes 100 - 110% of their wages just to survive. The top 1% can afford whatever they want and spend only a comparative drop of their money.....
thanks for your participation, Mis!

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

The point is how the bottom 40% don't have the opportunity to 'invest in Wall Street'. It takes 100 - 110% of their wages just to survive. The top 1% can afford whatever they want and spend only a comparative drop of their money.....

Yeah that makes good sense, but velocity of money is basically the frequency with which money changes hands for goods and services, and I don't think accounts for investments such as starting companies and philanthropy, which can provide jobs and otherwise stimulate the economy more than simply buying and purchasing. However, I have little knowledge of economics and would have to think about it longer.

But yeah the weird part is that an iconic Wall Street man supports Bernie. Let's hope he has no profit motive for doing so.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
lol i made the same argument he made almost word for word and the conservatives here called me a fool who didn't understand economics.

edit on 10-3-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I'm enjoying seeing Sanders become more and more noticed and supported when the evil queen thought it would be a no challenge nomination.

Too bad I live in a super conservative, Christian, Republican town. I don't know if one person here supports Sanders. Small town in Utah for the lose.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Too bad I live in a super conservative, Christian, Republican town. I don't know if one person here supports Sanders. Small town in Utah for the lose.

Even Kansas voted for Bernie for the win.
Don't give up!!!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Not to deem him an honest man, but it seems any honest man would support the person they actually think is best for America. This doesn't mean all will conclude that Bernie is the top guy, but that he certainly has some support from a wide group of people that aren't just in it for themselves.

I prefer capitalism over anything else, I prefer smaller government and such, and even in my own personal life am a Christian conservative who is harsher on illegal immigrants.

That doesn't stop me from wanting Bernie in office. I honestly believe him to be the best choice moving forward, regardless of my personal stances. It's simply weighing every other option and considering the likely and unlikely outcomes of those options.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

But yeah the weird part is that an iconic Wall Street man supports Bernie. Let's hope he has no profit motive for doing so.

Right?! Yep.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

for instance that someone in the bottom 40% spending 100% of their money might not be nearly enough as someone in the top 10% spending 10% of their income.

thanks for your participation, Mis!

When people like Sanders voted to create the medicare capital gains sur tax.

When people like Sanders voted to increase the capital gains tax rate.

When people like Sanders voted to CAP IRA and 401k contribution limits.

When people like Sanders created the Federal Reserve that artificially manipulates interest rates to when checking,savings, cd's, and money markets all pay a dumbfounding .01% interest rate per year.

People like Sanders need to shut up.

When it's their ideology, and legislation that have made it near impossible for the middle class to increase their wealth.

And it especially falls on deaf ears for a one percenter 'has been' to endorse Sanders delusions.

edit on 10-3-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Not to deem him an honest man, but it seems any honest man would support the person they actually think is best for America. This doesn't mean all will conclude that Bernie is the top guy, but that he certainly has some support from a wide group of people that aren't just in it for themselves.

I prefer capitalism over anything else, I prefer smaller government and such, and even in my own personal life am a Christian conservative who is harsher on illegal immigrants.

That doesn't stop me from wanting Bernie in office. I honestly believe him to be the best choice moving forward, regardless of my personal stances. It's simply weighing every other option and considering the likely and unlikely outcomes of those options.

I'm glad nothing stops you from wanting who you want in office. That's the beauty of the democratic process. I'm an irreligious anti-authoritarian, and it just so happens I find him to be the worst choice moving forward.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Mmmm...No.
People like Sanders need to keep talking.

Perhaps people like you need to shut up. It is what it is.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Weird.
Maybe he lost a bet.

Still, it's no more strange than George Soros supporting Obama. A lot of these Wall Street vultures are Democrats.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Who?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

It is what it is

Sure is,

Delusional ramblings from a senile old guy named Bernie.

That would destroy the middle class worse than it already is.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I'm an irreligious anti-authoritarian,

Me, too!

and it just so happens I find him to be the worst choice moving forward.

Mmm. Not me.
He is the best choice.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Delusional ramblings from a senile old guy named Bernie.

Enough with the insulting and inaccurate rhetoric.

That would destroy the middle class worse than it already is.

Whatever reasons you have to think that are, well - ignorant, ill-informed, and ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

how about you address the man endorsing Bernie? would you call him an idiot? why is he wrong?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Will Sanders be harangued by the media to disavow this endorsement the same way they went after Trump over the David Duke nonsense?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I don't have any idea. But right now, he is garnering nation-wide support.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join