It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WURST CASE SCENARIO: German Schools Pulling PORK From Menu To Placate Muslim Immigrants

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: UnBreakable
You mean catering to the clientele? *gasp*

Why. Why. That's just plain...um...what's the word? Business.

Shameful. It's as if McDonald's started selling salads.

There's a difference between catering to your clientele by offering new menu items such as you sited in your example of McDonald's offering salads. But did they then stop offering burgers? No. The venues in the articles said they stopped selling pork because a part of their clientele were offended. I could see if their clientele were exclusively Muslim, then halting pork offerings would make sense. But apparently there is a clientele that still wants pork, and they are ignoring these people because they don't want to offend others. Did these German venues stop offering pork? Yes. So your McDonald reference doesn't hold water.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

The venues in the articles said they stopped selling pork because a part of their clientele were offended.

Correction. The articles said that the venues stopped selling pork because part of their clientele were offended.

edit on 3/5/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
This irritates me. People who have LEGIT dietary restrictions (that will KILL them) still have to worry, but offend the freaking Muslims and you have to completely stop selling pork.

Can't upset the Muslims, they're super special. Meanwhile EVERY other group of people on the planet manage to deal, including Catholics and Jews and vegans.

You want your stuff halal and don't want to be around pork, start your own restaurant. Don't expect an entire country that you're invading to accommodate your culture at the cost of their own.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The venues in the articles said they stopped selling pork because a part of their clientele were offended.

Correction. The articles said that the venues stopped selling pork because part of their clientele were offended.

....and I still don't see the correlation between Germany places selling pork and McDonald's selling salads.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
You don't?

It's called marketing. McDonalds thinks they can increase their client base by selling salads.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm an idiot, I didn't even think of it that way. Thanks.

I was thinking societal pressure was forcing them into it, not that it was business savvy.
edit on 0520160320161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I didn't read the source links, but it sounds like there's a "push" which will be unsuccessful, and that a few places (probably in heavily Muslim areas) have removed pork sandwiches. This sounds like paranoid fear exaggeration fluff.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Well, you know how it is. The peanut allergy kills the diner. Offend the Muslim, and if you tick off the wrong one, he might come kill you.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I've been reading the replies in the threads and it seems people are under the misconception that pork has been banned in Germany. Maybe it's a reading comprehension issue, but I have a bad feeling it's just the growing level of fear, cowardice and paranoia which is causing people to create these dark porkless fantasies in their minds, despite the facts.

If restaurants are ceasing to serve pork even though the majority of their customers want it, doesn't that just mean they're bad, probably soon-to-fail business owners?

I bet when I travel to Germany in 2 years for vacation and to meet German family I've never met in person, we'll be hard-pressed to find a diner not serving pork (not that I would want to find such a vile, filthy, pork-less dump.)

Calm down people, and stop believing imaginary paranoid, cowardly nonsense. It's that kind of sissy attitude that led many people to support the anti-American PATRIOT act. Since 2001, in the US, you're about 5x likelier to die via lightning strike than via terrorist attack, and yet people live their lives in fear of terrorist attacks. Post 9/11, you're far more likely to win the powerball or megamillions jackpot than to die in any type of terror attack in the U.S.

Sorry if I'm veering off topic and rambling, I'm just tired of people's irrational fears leading them to believe ridiculous, obvious BS that supports their sissy worldview.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

It's that kind of sissy attitude that led many people to support the anti-American PATRIOT act.

The attitude actually seems to be in support of the proposal that the German government should ban eateries from not offering pork.
"You must have pork on your menu!"
edit on 3/5/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm reporting your avatar. It's obscene.

I think stupid annoying Phage made a good point. Businesses do some dumb stuff in order to appeal to a larger audience, I was wrong.

Ugh, that avatar.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982
You fell for propaganda. You can buy pork and liquor in many muslim countries.Now go travel so you won't be so ignorant. Next thing you're going to believe Bin Laden stories.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I refuse to believe Americans are so dumb. I have traveled many muslim countries. Liquor is virtually everywhere. Did prohibition stop liquor in the US? Not eating pork is not a religious issue. Some muslims eat pork. And muslims have Christ as one of their prophets. Propaganda on both sides for power. If you do not make more than 50 million a year you should get an education fast.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Muslims are and were a large part of Germans public.

If Muslims "were" a large part of "Germans public", why are they only doing this now? As the sources allude too, it seems a response to the current refugee influx. Pork is part of the German national identity. Shouldn't the Muslims as newcomers assimilate to the German culture instead of the other way around? But I'm sure Muslim countries would be just as accommodating.

Muslims have been part of German society since at least WWII. Mainly beginning with those of the Caucuses and other Soviet republics. Also, post war there was a large influx of Turkic people's and Muslim Brotherhood types who greatly outnumbered their truly moderate/non-wahabi counterparts from the then USSR. Additionally, it should be pointed out, that " Global Jihad" is a German concept originating in Germany by way of the Kaiser and Max Von Oppenheim, a man who had the ear of the Ottoman sultan and sought to weaponize Islam as a tool against its WWI adversary's who held colonial possessions. It mostly backfired. It should also be noted that after the war these very same Muslims were utilized for propaganda purposes by radio liberty, a CIA operation. There are even pictures of Eisenhower with Said Ramadan, a Brotherhood big shot. Just as today we thought(the West, namely America) that these peoples religious views could be manipulated and controlled to serve our aims, much as the did in Afghanistan against the Soviets.

Some good reading on this is "A Mosque in Munich" whose author currently escapes me and "The Hitler Legacy" by Peter Levenda. They will both offer some very interesting insight into current issues. So yes, Islam in Germany is nothing new. So much so many higher ranking Nazis converted to Islam after the war as they identified with Muslim Brotherhood style islamo-fascism and corporatism.

As to the removal of pork products from these various menus in any sort of scale, well that's a bit hard to believe. It makes no business sense. If there is a demand for Halal then profit from it by offering it as an option but don't shoot yourself in the foot by alienating your primary clientele. If true however, a scary precedent indeed. Whats so confusing is that many of these young men appear to behave in very Islamic ways, alcohol is but one example, but somehow pork bothers them? Overt attempt at taking advantage of Europe's ultra-PC society, again if true. Oh well, seems like the world is going to hell anyhow so.... Whatever.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: pydpydper
I refuse to believe Americans are so dumb. I have traveled many muslim countries. Liquor is virtually everywhere. Did prohibition stop liquor in the US? Not eating pork is not a religious issue. Some muslims eat pork. And muslims have Christ as one of their prophets. Propaganda on both sides for power. If you do not make more than 50 million a year you should get an education fast.

Reality is not allowed around here.....travel is for stupid people, you can never understand another culture or way of life by visiting the place and living it yourself....

Only TV can give you an understanding of the bigger picture......

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Muslims are and were a large part of Germans public.

If Muslims "were" a large part of "Germans public", why are they only doing this now? As the sources allude too, it seems a response to the current refugee influx. Pork is part of the German national identity. Shouldn't the Muslims as newcomers assimilate to the German culture instead of the other way around? But I'm sure Muslim countries would be just as accommodating.

My guess is its not true, you posted 2 blogs that arent even german, but hey dont let me burst your bubble, educate yourself at how many muslim live in germany and when did they started moving to germany, stop posting obscure blogs and show your fake outrage.

Nope - he's absolutely correct. This is response to the recent muslim invasion of Germany. This has nothing to do with muslims who were already living there - if that was the case, pork would already be off the menus wouldnt it. You need to Google whats going on in Europe, as you seem very misinformed.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: pydpydper
a reply to: slider1982
You fell for propaganda. You can buy pork and liquor in many muslim countries.Now go travel so you won't be so ignorant. Next thing you're going to believe Bin Laden stories.

Its not propaganda - its true, as reported by German newspapers and confirmed bythe German authorities. Another example of muslims pushing the boundries, seeing what they can get away with. Unfortunately, these stories dont see much light this side of the Atlantic. However the Net is your friend...finding out the facts is pretty simple. Some dont want to know I guess.
edit on 6-3-2016 by jimbo999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

I've been reading the replies in the threads and it seems people are under the misconception that pork has been banned in Germany. Maybe it's a reading comprehension issue, but I have a bad feeling it's just the growing level of fear, cowardice and paranoia which is causing people to create these dark porkless fantasies in their minds, despite the facts.

If restaurants are ceasing to serve pork even though the majority of their customers want it, doesn't that just mean they're bad, probably soon-to-fail business owners?

I bet when I travel to Germany in 2 years for vacation and to meet German family I've never met in person, we'll be hard-pressed to find a diner not serving pork (not that I would want to find such a vile, filthy, pork-less dump.)

Calm down people, and stop believing imaginary paranoid, cowardly nonsense. It's that kind of sissy attitude that led many people to support the anti-American PATRIOT act. Since 2001, in the US, you're about 5x likelier to die via lightning strike than via terrorist attack, and yet people live their lives in fear of terrorist attacks. Post 9/11, you're far more likely to win the powerball or megamillions jackpot than to die in any type of terror attack in the U.S.

Sorry if I'm veering off topic and rambling, I'm just tired of people's irrational fears leading them to believe ridiculous, obvious BS that supports their sissy worldview.

It's not a reading comprehension. It's ATS's rabid anti muslim crowd WANTING to be offended. Wanting to jump on an any story, true or false and bash refugees. That's all this is.
edit on 6-3-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

To do so would, as I see it, misuse a highly volatile issue to whip up sentiment. I see Merkel as the most integer person in politics. I believe in her.

But something else:

One strange thing I didn't knew but a program on tv mentioned it: A muslim said they didn't eat pork because the skin of porks is just like the skin of humans. So he said it was a hoax to believe pork is an unclean animal.He said also: We don't eat pork because humans and pigs share the same skin. Strange.

from www.evawaseerst.be...

'Eugene M. McCarthy is an expert in genetics and has his own meaning about the origins of humans. It speaks for itself that he doesn’t mention any extraterrestrial intervention because if he did, he would be named a pseudo scientist, and it must been said he’s already mentioned as being one. It’ s very not done to say that there is a remarkable genetic and even physical similarity between humans, apes and pigs.'

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I am so tired of that anti-muslim-nazi-crap, which exists since 9/11 and rises since the capitalism made refugee crisis.

And when foreign news agencies and websites try to send news from germany around the world, then they should do it right, so that not everybody notices instantly that this is twisted news, used for nazi propaganda.

What happened?
The CSU, a bavarian party for only bavarain rednecks and "Amigos", corrupt politicians and rich people, is on the chase for votes, almost acting like little Hitler without any power now.

They demand now that there will be sold pork meat in canteens all over germany, by law.
The problem is, people don´t want to eat that much pork anymore, and that is not because of "religious" reasons, but because of healthy ones.
Peoples mind changed, and i can understand it, i personally never liked pork meat that much, too much fat, tendons, gristle, too less high quality meat.

So, to get the votes of the right-wingers, the CSU is coming with such things, as to try germans to tell by law what they have to eat, how often, where and when.
Really everybody in germany laughed about that cheap try of vote fishing, and sure, about the CSU again.

The CSU which is in coalition with Merkels CDU, and without this coalition it would be over for the CSU in germany, as fast as possible. Because it´s a bavarian party, and not really a german. And this CSU barks without to bite after barking, threatens Merkel again and again with legal action at Federal Constitutional Court. Without sueing her, because first they had to end the coalition, which means suicide for the CSU.

So why the CSU acts like this now?
Nazi votes!

I read the given sources from the article, and they tell the CSU-story the other way around, and it lacks of quality.
Example from the obscure thefederalistpapers:

"In Germany, pork sausages are ubiquitous. Pork is served with every meal and it’s impossible to have a good Bavarian meal without some pork product on the plate."

So, whole germany is bavaria, bavaria is whole germany, and all germans the whole time don´t do anything other than to drink beer, eat pork sausages and work 24 hours??? And pork is served with EVERY MEAL???
And ALL americans are undereducated, fat and eat the whole day hamburgers and drink cheap beer? Seems to be right for obviously the authors of that article there, that only know stereotypes from germany. Really, they nothing about germany, it´s like Karl May writing about native americans without ever being in america, but HE did it almost right.

And RT, we all know that it it the russian fox news, a propaganda tool. And part of russias propaganda, maybe it is a little revenge for those moronic sanctions against russia, which damage european and russian businesses and only the US profits from, seems to be to annoy germany a little bit for it´s US serfdom.

Don´t you remember the story of that "raped by muslims", "russian" girl, Lisa from Berlin, not long ago, that was a complete lie???

Come on, thought this ATS and not PI-News...
edit on 6 3 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join