It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WURST CASE SCENARIO: German Schools Pulling PORK From Menu To Placate Muslim Immigrants

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
You will have to bear over with Germany (Merkel) for a for a while. They just want to become co-rulers with the Turks (Erdogan) in the future EU.

edit on 10-3-2016 by Ove38 because: text fix

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief
a reply to: neformore

SCHOOLS and canteens in Germany have BANNED pork from their menus over fears of offending Muslim migrants, a top politician has revealed. An increasing number of public canteens, child daycare centres and schools have stopped serving sausages, bacon and ham over religious considerations. Now members of Chancellor Angela Merkel’s CDU party are fighting to keep pork on the menu, insisting the consumption of pork is part of German culture.

So what is not true about this?

Because if you read the source article (you can find a link earlier in the thread) the politician said nothing of the sort - nothing of the sort whatsoever. But you believe what you think is the right thing to believe if that's what you prefer.

Oh you want to have a go too.

Here we go again.

So you are saying that this CDU politician didn't say this,

CDU parliamentary group leader, Daniel Günther, bemoaned on Tuesday that an increasing number of canteens, nurseries and schools are removing pork from their menu due to religious considerations. "The protection of minorities - including for religious reasons - must not mean that the majority is overruled in their free decision by ill-conceived consideration," Günther said, arguing that tolerance also means "the appreciation and sufferance of other food cultures and lifestyles." Günther told local German newspaper "Lübecker Nachrichten" that at least one nursery in every voting district had stopped serving pork after taking Muslim children into consideration.

This simply didn't happen?

Why are so many people in this thread unable to recognise and accept simple facts?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

SCHOOLS and canteens in Germany have BANNED pork from their menus over fears of offending Muslim migrants, a top politician has revealed. An increasing number of public canteens, child daycare centres and schools have stopped serving sausages, bacon and ham over religious considerations. Now members of Chancellor Angela Merkel’s CDU party are fighting to keep pork on the menu, insisting the consumption of pork is part of German culture.

Because if you read the source article (you can find a link earlier in the thread) the politician said nothing of the sort - nothing of the sort whatsoever. But you believe what you think is the right thing to believe if that's what you prefer.

Here we go again.

CDU parliamentary group leader, Daniel Günther, bemoaned on Tuesday that an increasing number of canteens, nurseries and schools are removing pork from their menu due to religious considerations. "The protection of minorities - including for religious reasons - must not mean that the majority is overruled in their free decision by ill-conceived consideration," Günther said, arguing that tolerance also means "the appreciation and sufferance of other food cultures and lifestyles." Günther told local German newspaper "Lübecker Nachrichten" that at least one nursery in every voting district had stopped serving pork after taking Muslim children into consideration.

Why are so many people in this thread unable to recognise and accept simple facts?

Because it depends on your source. I'll take yours and raise you by the one below. Note the use of the word 'alleged', the use of the word 'claims' and the fact that at this point (unless you know otherwise) there is no proof that schools are removing pork based products for religious reasons, or that there has been any push for this to happen, or that is was a decision made at a government level. What schools wish to put on their menu (assuming the are autonomous) is their decision and unless you know otherwise any other opinion is just that - opinion.

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

BS, you said that this politician didn't say what I said he did. Now you are just, like the others before you, moving the goal posts.

edit on 10-3-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

So you say it is all hearsay and false information just because you feel offended . ( Well it is actually thruth about pork )

School canteens dispense increasingly on pork

A higher proportion of Muslim pupils, altered nutritional standards - schools and day care centers in Germany emphasize pork increasingly off the menu. Will there soon be no more Schnitzel?

More and more schools and day care centers dispense according to a media report on pork - because it was unhealthy, and because many children do not eat for religious reasons. "In the coming years, the pork will ever disappear from the menu plans in kindergartens and schools," said the Vice-President of the German Society for Nutrition (DGE), Ulrike Arens-Azevedo, the "Westdeutsche Allgemeine Zeitung" (WAZ). Many caterers made ​​their offer now often without pork.

"The proportion of pork has become less and less in recent years," confirmed Rolf Hoppe, Chairman of the Association Berlin Schulcaterer. "The number of Muslim students has increased, and the quality of conventional pork is questionable." Hoppes own catering company Luna has ever at any dishes with pork - and sees this as a competitive advantage: "Muslim students can rest assured that our product is absolutely free of pork."

Also at the 4000 all-day schools in NRW fewer pork is used, according to newspaper: "This is especially true for the Ruhr, where there are more and more Muslim children," says Ursula Tenfelde-Weber, Director of the crosslinking site school meals in Dusseldorf.

Translation from Die Welt posted 15th February 2016

There you go.. hearsay? Eduacate yourself ? Well why don´t you do the same ?

School canteens dispense increasingly on pork A higher proportion of Muslim pupils, altered nutritional standards - schools and day care centers in Germany emphasize pork increasingly off the menu. Will there soon be no more Schnitzel? More and more schools and day care centers dispense according to a media report on pork - because it was unhealthy, and because many children do not eat for religious reasons. "In the coming years, the pork will ever disappear from the menu plans in kindergartens and schools," said the Vice-President of the German Society for Nutrition (DGE), Ulrike Arens-Azevedo, the "Westdeutsche Allgemeine Zeitung" (WAZ). Many caterers made ​​their offer now often without pork. "The proportion of pork has become less and less in recent years," confirmed Rolf Hoppe, Chairman of the Association Berlin Schulcaterer. "The number of Muslim students has increased, and the quality of conventional pork is questionable." Hoppes own catering company Luna has ever at any dishes with pork - and sees this as a competitive advantage: "Muslim students can rest assured that our product is absolutely free of pork." Also at the 4000 all-day schools in NRW fewer pork is used, according to newspaper: "This is especially true for the Ruhr, where there are more and more Muslim children," says Ursula Tenfelde-Weber, Director of the crosslinking site school meals in Dusseldorf.

More confirmation from official sources.

Do you have anything to refute this, besides your leftist opinion?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Here we go again.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

BS, you said that this politician didn't say what I said he did. Now you are just, like the others before, moving the goal posts.

No, your quote stated the gentleman as saying pork was being removed for religious reasons. Seeing as he is claiming that means it wasn't a government mandate or it wouldn't be a claim - it would be a fact. There is no evidence that I've seen in any source in this whole thread that definitively states pork is being removed from school menus for religious reasons (although if an overwhelming majority of the school children were Jewish or Muslim it would be bad economics to actually stock it). You are selectively using sources that set your goalposts and get a little bit shirty when you get called up on it.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

And here is another poster with bad reading comprehension skills.

I am beating a dead horse? I could have sworn that this other poster brought this subject up again and directed his post at me.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

This is what you said,

the politician said nothing of the sort - nothing of the sort whatsoever.

In response to this,

The premise of your post was that this politician didn't say those things, but he did say those things.

I pointed this out to you again, and then you changed the goal posts, saying that there is no proof that it was for religious reasons, which is BS too.

There are various credible sources backing this up, including the CDU politician and the people in the post made by Dolluka which I just qouted.

The cognitive dissonance coming from the left in this thread is horrible.

What is your proof that these credible sources are not speaking the truth, besides your leftist opinion?

You have offered absolutely nothing to refute these sources.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

This is what you said,

the politician said nothing of the sort - nothing of the sort whatsoever.

In response to this,

The premise of your post was that this politician didn't say those things, but he did say those things.

I pointed this out to you again, and then you changed the goal posts, saying that there is no proof that it was for religious reasons, which is BS too.

There are various credible sources backing this up, including the CDU politician and the people in the post made by Dolluka which I just qouted.

The cognitive dissonance coming from the left in this thread is horrible.

No, you are going to find this very hard to understand. He makes a claim that religion is the reason in your source. He does not state that as a fact as he has no evidence to prove that is the case. The politician is now trying to force them to serve pork. Tricky to get your head round people may have an agenda and the sources that report it may also have one. It's ok, you're relatively new here, you'll get used to the fact that deny ignorance means not just assuming that something you read validates your confirmation bias doesn't mean it's correct. But, before you go into a rant, perhaps you would like to detail the following......

Who determines the foodstuffs served in schools and junior schools in Germany, government, the school..... who? If it's the government, then perhaps the politician can provide the edict that schools should not serve pork and the reasons why - oh, wait, he hasn't has he? If it's schools, then show any evidence where they state their reasons.

Where has any Muslim opposition to schools (unless they are specifically faith schools based around the religions of Islam or Judaism) serving pork on the menu been documented?

What have been the relative consumption of pork in said schools over the last five years. Is there any show of a decline that may hint it's not economic to stock perishable foodstuffs it cannot sell?

Have any studies been identified that show a risk of cross contamination in the kitchen leading to people unknowingly consuming a product that has been in contact with pork in the cooking process? You think that's stupid? Well, you would. Although the effect can be much more serious - lethal even with some products, cross contamination is a concern for all faiths that have reasons not to consume certain foodstuffs as well of course as those who may have serious allergic reactions.

Come back with some info on those for starters and you may have something to look as though you actually have an interest. I'm actually neither left or right, but you kind of nailed your colours to the mast with your last sentence.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Nothing you say changes the fact that you responded to me claiming that this politician did not say the things that were in that qoute in my post which you responded to. He did say those things. This was the initial argument.

Maybe you meant to say something different, but this is what you said. I don't get how you can deny this, since it is all in black and white and I just qouted what you said exactly and qouted the post you responded to.

Wth?

Furthermore, I just posted several credible sources claiming that pork is being removed of menus specifically because of muslim clients.

You are simply ignoring this and posting more of your opinion.

So this CDU(Merkel's party) politician is lying? Is that what you are saying?

"The proportion of pork has become less and less in recent years," confirmed Rolf Hoppe, Chairman of the Association Berlin Schulcaterer. "The number of Muslim students has increased, and the quality of conventional pork is questionable." Hoppes own catering company Luna has ever at any dishes with pork - and sees this as a competitive advantage: "Muslim students can rest assured that our product is absolutely free of pork."

Lying?

Also at the 4000 all-day schools in NRW fewer pork is used, according to newspaper: "This is especially true for the Ruhr, where there are more and more Muslim children," says Ursula Tenfelde-Weber, Director of the crosslinking site school meals in Dusseldorf.

Lying?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Wow. Yea I don't think they should pull pork off menus just because it might offend someone. That sounds so silly to me.
At my sons elementary school, they do actually offer no meat on Fridays because of lent. And they always have a meat choice or a vegetarian choice each day. Which I think is good. But removing pork completely just shouldn't happen IMO.
Much peace -nat

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Where has any Muslim opposition to schools (unless they are specifically faith schools based around the religions of Islam or Judaism) serving pork on the menu been documented?

Did I claim that this was because of muslim opposition?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Did I claim that this was because of muslim opposition?

The claim of this thread, and the claim of the politician who has said his piece, is that it is down to Muslim sensitivity. That was claimed by the politician in the source you posted that I responded to. If you don't think he has adequate grounds to state that, then it's a strange thing to post and use as an argument isn't it? Regarding you other response - in schools with a higher proportion of people whose faith precludes them eating pork (if they choose to follow that) are 'fewer pork is used' - the words from the quote, not mine, well, no #### Sherlock, who would have guessed? But it's still fewer, not zero, which suggests it is still available. Even your own post has a quote saying 'the quality of pork is questionable - and that's to those that want to eat it!!!!

Kind of suggests that the reasons for pork having a little bit of a downturn aren't that clear-cut, wouldn't you agree?

But I'm impressed, you have provided additional sources, not sure what they actually back up though.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

The claim of this thread, and the claim of the politician who has said his piece, is that it is down to Muslim sensitivity.

Well you were responding to claims I made. I did make a claim about that politician. He didn't say it was due to muslim sensitivity,

SCHOOLS and canteens in Germany have BANNED pork from their menus over fears of offending Muslim migrants, a top politician has revealed.

It's due to the sensitivity of school boards and such. You were talking abou muslim opposition as if th claim was made that muslims were pushing for removal of pork. I didn't say that and neither did that politician.

Regarding you other response - in schools with a higher proportion of people whose faith precludes them eating pork (if they choose to follow that) are 'fewer pork is used' - the words from the quote, not mine, well, no #### Sherlock, who would have guessed? But it's still fewer, not zero, which suggests it is still available.

If you read the entire article it becomes clear that because of above reasons, some schools or caterers decided to stop offering pork all together. Yes, it is logical that less pork is consumed where there are more muslims, the point is that because of this, pork has been removed from menus all together in some cases.

Even your own post has a quote saying 'the quality of pork is questionable - and that's to those that want to eat it!!!! Kind of suggests that the reasons for pork having a little bit of a downturn aren't that clear-cut, wouldn't you agree?

The article clearly gives two reasons, catering to muslims and health concerns. This doesn't mean that one of those is not a reality.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DutchMasterChief

And believe it or not, becomes back to the point that myself and some others entered this thread on. The thread was started suggesting that Muslims had somehow pushed for this - you can read the first few pages to see that yourself. What they didn't do was look beyond the 'blame the immigrant' meme and look at what the underlying issues may be.

I'm not seeing anything about school boards doing this out of sensitivity - I'm seeing it as pure and simple economics - you put words in my mouth. I didn't suggest Muslims had pushed for it, I asked if there was any underlying reasons why schools would do it out of sensitivity, comments, requests or complaints from the Muslim (or Jewish) community being examples that would be worth investigating.

Catering to Muslims? You mean the school literally providing catering? Maybe. Health concern? Maybe. Possibly a lack of interest in eating pork among some kids in German schools while their more Baverian parents and grandparents see not eating any kind of sausage as heresy - including the politician quoted? Equally maybe. Not anywhere near enough information to say it's anything other than a mixture of things.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I weep for my German heritage.

The German leaders often go insane...just another example.

One could not have scripted this anymore efficiently. Start the invasion of Europe with Muslims in the very country where genocide is a national pastime. Surely, its' citizens wont judge newcomers from a race different than their own. All under the guise of a woman who its' sensitive citizens won't want to be labeled as sexist for going against her. It is the perfect storm.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: pompel9

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: pompel9

originally posted by: Phage
You mean catering to the clientele? *gasp*

Why. Why. That's just plain...um...what's the word? Business.

Shameful. It's as if McDonald's started selling salads.

Not sure where you are from. But in my country McDonald's is actually selling salads. Isn't that ironic.

He knows. It was a tongue-in-cheek reply to my previous statement.

His reply to you was suggesting that McDonald's doesn't sell salads. Or maybe I missed some subtle tone of his post.

I think you missed the subtle tone in the reply from Phage - it was an irony in that a corporation traditionally known for selling meat based products has looked at the market, seen opportunities and expanded their product line to sell salads.

Not that it's my place to speak for another member, but it comes down to the simple economic fact that people will sell what people want to buy (ie, the salad example from Phage) and won't sell what people don't want to buy (a potential reason for the lack of pork in some schools).

Thanks for clearing that up for me

Still a strange thing to say. McDonald's haven't stopped selling burgers. They just expanded on what they sell.

This topic is about places that takes away things from their menus (specifically pork related products), not expanding the menus.

I wish that people state that they are writing something ironic, it's very hard to tell when you can't see the person.

Not directed at you in any way of course. You have only been helpful

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So you just repeated what everyone else already said?

As if your last tit bit was true. You are trying to make light of a growing immigration problem fueling fabricated articles like this. Your attitude towards a very real issue is part of the problem

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Again, regardless what the CDU idiot said;

Pork is not going to be "banned". If there is less pork served, it´s because the caterers decided so. Their main reasons for this is money, because it´s cheaper to have a meal (almost) every religious person can eat, then to have pork (muslims don´t eat), beef (hindu) based meals.

So let´s go with the antibiotic chicken, bitch (Yes I mean pute/turkey, translator came up with bitch xD) and fukushima fish.
Toss in some chernobyl mushrooms and you have a healthy diet..

As long as McDonalds does not stop selling pork (McRib, but I seldom eat there) everything is ok, no panic.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join