It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WURST CASE SCENARIO: German Schools Pulling PORK From Menu To Placate Muslim Immigrants

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Actually, the European influence in the Middle East was what helped make it a nice place. Once the native influence and culture re-asserted itself, it all went downhill. That and decades of trying to destroy a neighbor.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Actually, the European influence in the Middle East was what helped make it a nice place.

That would, I venture, depend upon your point of view.

Nah, I jest. Colonialism was good for everyone of course.

As is fundamentalism of a particular sort.

edit on 3/5/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

As a devout follower of Buckaroo Banzai your avatar offends me.

Remove it.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: UnBreakable

Its funny that the muslims that are already german havent changed anything, but these new muslim will.

Glad to see after four pages your comprehension skills finally kicked in.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It their choice. Is it really so bad to want to make people comfortable and do something nice?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

so as not to offend the new refugees.

Offend?
Not to respond to a changing market?

No, the reason in the articles say specifically not to offend.

"So as not to offend Muslim immigrants, a push to remove pork sausages from public schools, soup kitchens and nurseries is quietly underway in Germany".
www.thefederalistpapers.org...

"A number of German cafes have started to exclude traditional pork sausages from their menus in order not to offend the feelings of Muslim newcomers, Deutsche Welle reported".
sputniknews.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

This makes no sense. This may be proof this is some NWO plot to anger and divide people.

Muslims know and are use to restaurants with pork products.

JUST DON’T BUY THE PORK!

What's wrong with these people are they trying to start trouble?

YES!

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Its funny that the muslims that are already german havent changed anything, but these new muslim will.

Epic fail

Are you suggesting that the new Muslims demanded this? I don't see that anywhere.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
That's like saying vegetarians are offended by meat consumption so nobody can have any. If they don't like pork,then don't eat it. What next? Taking it off of store shelves? Funny how what their doing doesn't register as offensive to the German people.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

What's wrong with these people are they trying to start trouble?

You mean the ones that want a law that pork must be offered? Because that's what this is actually about.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
So, I guess Oktoberfest is off the cards this year because grog will also hurt someones feelings?

Shame really, I enjoy steins of beer and bratwurst served to me by scantly clad German lasses.

Oh well, the German culture was good whilst it lasted, hopefully we can still read about it in the history books - unless those will also be removed and replaced with an "alternative" history that's more "refugee" friendly.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: korath

That's like saying vegetarians are offended by meat consumption so nobody can have any.

No.
It's more like saying that a vegetarian restaurant will not sell steak to anyone. Except in this case you can still get beef or lamb or chicken or fish.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: korath

That's like saying vegetarians are offended by meat consumption so nobody can have any.

No.
It's more like saying that a vegetarian restaurant will not sell steak to anyone. Except in this case you can still get beef or lamb or chicken or fish.

No.
It's more like saying that venues that had offered pork aren't offering pork, basically changing their menu to accommodate new refugees as opposed to their long standing native citizens.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
You mean catering to the clientele? *gasp*

Why. Why. That's just plain...um...what's the word? Business.

Shameful. It's as if McDonald's started selling salads.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

Epic fail

Are you suggesting that the new Muslims demanded this? I don't see that anywhere.

Neither did i, move along.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

im still not getting what you post, its propaganda taken from obscure blogs, no one is banning porc, you posted a link that said porc was eatin at every meal, and germans will not be able to eat porc ever again, garbage thread as usual.
edit on 5-3-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Are You trying to what... this is not new case, muslisms are forcing their beliefs because our weak politicians. Masked muslim in courts? No problem. Masked non-muslim in court? Problem. The europeans are victims of EU.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

im still not getting what you post, its propaganda taken from obscure blogs, no one is banning porc, you posted a link that said porc was eatin at every meal, and germans will not be able to eat porc ever again, garbage thread as usual.

Ok, I see you're still having trouble with your reading comprehension. Nowhere did I, nor the articles, say pork is "banned", just the venues were no longer offering it on their menus. I gave you a German news source earlier because you pissed and moaned that the other two sources were "blogs". Nowhere does it say Germans will not be able to eat pork ever again. You obviously have an agenda and until something comes along that agrees with your narrative, you will remain closed minded. Good night to you, ma'am.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
You did not, however, point out that there is a proposal that the option not to sell pork should be banned.

I guess kosher restaurants should be banned.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Good grief.

I read both the linked articles and the original DW.com source for the first and I'm not seeing any evidence that pork is being erased from the German diet in the interest of not offending Muslims.

I've never even heard of Muslims being "offended" by other people eating pork. Can somebody please give some examples of Muslims claiming to be offended by pork on the menu and this resulting in pork items being removed?

In the absence of evidence suggesting otherwise, I'd assume that any business that was altering its menu was reacting to a change in the demographics of their customers. Is this an article railing against free market dynamics?

The same with the schools. If the school cafeteria is designing menus to provide items that the most children can/will eat, then there's obviously some point where it doesn't make sense to provide an item. For instance, if a school in the US found that 30% of the students absolutely would not eat brussel sprouts, would anyone expect the cafeteria to serve them?

There's even a mention of the hashtag #schweinefleischpflicht ("pork duty") — which ridicules the CDU's proposal — trending on German Twitter. Also suggestive of this being a non-issue was what I believe to be the only post in this thread from a German (ManFromEurope) which wasn't at all in line with what non-German posters are saying.

I digress!

Who is a German to tell the rest of us how Germans feel? Don't you argue with us! YOUR CULTURE IS BEING DESTROYED ONE PORKY LINK AT A TIME!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join